Game Day Thread

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Game Day Thread

Postby 4256 Hits » October 9th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Jmble wrote:I'm sorry B, but there are no meaningless games yet. If we can beat the Steelers, we are suddenly at 3-3 and in second place in the division. We may not be a Super Bowl Champion team this year, but we aren't out of anything yet.

I would remind you that we've beaten the Cleveland Browns - the WORST team in the league and the Bills, one of the worst teams in the league.

And would have beaten the Packers if the kicker hit a 46 yard FG. I agree no super bowl anytime soon but the AFC central is not very good so the playoff are a real possibility.
4256 Hits

Postby Deadcat » October 10th, 2017, 6:59 am

I imagine Pence was going to the game regardless. The only stunt he pulled was leaving early. I doubt Pence spent any more than planned to make his point. But because everyone saw thru it, I'm not sure it was effective. This whole kneeling not kneeling thing has been blown out of proportion from the get go. Everyone just needs to stop. Stop kneeling. Stop caring about statues of dead people. Just stop.
Deadcat

Postby Jmble » October 10th, 2017, 7:52 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Jmble wrote:I'm sorry B, but there are no meaningless games yet. If we can beat the Steelers, we are suddenly at 3-3 and in second place in the division. We may not be a Super Bowl Champion team this year, but we aren't out of anything yet.

I would remind you that we've beaten the Cleveland Browns - the WORST team in the league and the Bills, one of the worst teams in the league. I wouldn't make Super Bowl reservations just yet.

Now to be fair, they are playing better. We'll see what happens from here on out...

I'm not disagreeing with what you say here. I'm just saying you can't call game four or five of the season meaningless. You have no idea what's going to happen the rest of the year.

And calling the 3-1 (going into the game) Bills one of the worst teams in the league is just silly. They may not be as good as their record was, but I really think you are reaching there.
Jmble

Postby MeatHeadbengal » October 10th, 2017, 8:44 am

I'm more disagreeing with the protest of the Police because I think the Brutality and Violence everyone is so upset about is FALSE! I've seen on countless times numbers that don't support these claims and police get up every day to protect and serve. Sure there are some bad cops out there but to label all of them is ignorant!

Also Mike Pence was at the game for the honoring of Payton Manning, and heaven forbid these guys have a chance to take a break from all the BS they have to deal with in Washington!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Deadcat » October 10th, 2017, 9:32 am

Jmble wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:

I would remind you that we've beaten the Cleveland Browns - the WORST team in the league and the Bills, one of the worst teams in the league. I wouldn't make Super Bowl reservations just yet.

Now to be fair, they are playing better. We'll see what happens from here on out...

I'm not disagreeing with what you say here. I'm just saying you can't call game four or five of the season meaningless. You have no idea what's going to happen the rest of the year.

And calling the 3-1 (going into the game) Bills one of the worst teams in the league is just silly. They may not be as good as their record was, but I really think you are reaching there.

I concur. We could easily be 4-1 with wins versus Pack and Texans. We should be 3-2 with a win against the Pack. That record would not be so bad. But based on the performances of other teams in our division, we are certainly far from out of it. We can still split with Steelers (or sweep) and Ravens and sweep the Browns. Then we need to do some damage outside of our division which a win versus the Bills helps. Our offense is okay because our line. Lazor's O-line rotation is helping. Look at how bad some of the other teams without lines are playing and they aren't trying anything (e.g. Giants). And look at the Cowboys who have a world beater of a line, they are 2-3 as well.

For me, I still count the playoffs as a possibility. I'm not out yet. I am however done with Marvin Lewis. His exaggerated loyalty to veterans in spite of performance and talent costs us games. His failure to keep Whit or Zeitler. His failure to address weak line spots at center (for nearly a decade), at left and right tackle, are it for me. We can blame Mike Brown, but Mike Brown has assembled talent. And as much as we pray, Mike ain't selling the team. We have to look for ways to win WITH Mike at the top and it's apparent that it ain't with Lewis. Mike and Mike quoted John Daly, former coach of the Pistons. They said after 10 years, he had said everything he could to his team and it was time to move on. Well, at 15 or so years, we've seen enough of Marvin and it ain't enough to win a stinkin' playoff game. Time to move on. Coaches and Kitty Litter need to be changed every so often for the same reason.
Deadcat

Postby skycruiser » October 10th, 2017, 10:37 am

Agree with you on the Bengals stuff DC

the reality this year is that the NFL is bad in general. when the cheifs are clearly the best team, something's fishy. a win @ Pitt in 2 weeks has us right back in the playoff and afc north title mix
skycruiser

Postby Bengals1 » October 10th, 2017, 11:46 am

You guys are living in a dream world. Let's see how Pitt bounces back (Or doesn't) against the Chiefs in KC ( a tough place to play any season) then we'll talk about our chances against them....
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » October 10th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Bengals1 wrote:You guys are living in a dream world. Let's see how Pitt bounces back (Or doesn't) against the Chiefs in KC ( a tough place to play any season) then we'll talk about our chances against them....

Sounds like a bet. I'll take KC!
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » October 10th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Deadcat wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:You guys are living in a dream world. Let's see how Pitt bounces back (Or doesn't) against the Chiefs in KC ( a tough place to play any season) then we'll talk about our chances against them....

Sounds like a bet. I'll take KC!

Just go out and find some of my wife's beer for our first bet mister....
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » October 11th, 2017, 2:36 pm

skycruiser wrote: a win @ Pitt in 2 weeks has us right back in the playoff and afc north title mix

Have you guys given any serious thought to what winning a meaningless 7-8 games might mean...?

Another year, or worse 2, of Marvin Lewis as head coach and Paul Alexander as O-Line coach. Another off-season of watching needed role-players leave for more money elsewhere while Hobslob and Duh-ner Jr. tell us they weren't really that important anyway.

Another draft where we pass up excellent players at positions of need to take questionable players at luxury positions because of what "bargains" they are where we took them.

No thanks!

As painful as it may be, i'd rather see us go 5-11 or whatever and see some much needed change occur this off-season. A new coach with a new coaching staff and a new approach to Free Agency and the Draft. At least as new as SoP allows him anyway.

Anything new is better than the status quo at this point.... :roll:

PFF grades Bengals' o-line as worst in the NFL, by a looong shot. Who's responsible for both the O-line and run-blocking schemes? Paul Alexander of course, the greatest coach in history. :lol:

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/10/bengals-grade-worst-run-blocking-offensive-line-nfl/
Bengals1

PreviousNext

Return to Football