Battle of Ohio Game Thread

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Battle of Ohio Game Thread

Postby Stadiumite » October 1st, 2017, 1:08 pm

No game thread yet?

I took the Bengals in my survivor league this week.

Just getting here after coaching rec league soccer for 12 year olds. 4-3 win.
Stadiumite

Re: Battle of Ohio Game Thread

Postby orange_black » October 1st, 2017, 1:14 pm

im a late comer too....

Gio just killed it for 65 yards... and nobody even touched him. LOL

man the skidz suck
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby 4256 Hits » October 1st, 2017, 1:18 pm

Seeing what Andy can do when he has some time to throw the ball. That is why it is borderline criminal the the Bengals did nothing to improve the OL during the off season.

The next question is will the Bengals come out flat in 2nd half as they tend to do after a good first half.
4256 Hits

Postby orange_black » October 1st, 2017, 1:24 pm

4256 Hits wrote:Seeing what Andy can do when he has some time to throw the ball. That is why it is borderline criminal the the Bengals did nothing to improve the OL during the off season.

The next question is will the Bengals come out flat in 2nd half as they tend to do after a good first half.

i dont think that will happen again. we're just better than the skidz. period.

This is what we need right now. a confidence building game. this could lead to better things down the road.... i think we all agreed the first part of this season was going to be rough.... and it has been.....
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby 4256 Hits » October 1st, 2017, 2:15 pm

Watching this game I get the same felling i did last night watching the OSU game. These two teams appear to not belong in the same level of football. The Browns are just that bad. I don't know why they think Kizer is going to be a good NFL QB, if he was any good ND would not have been soooooo bad last year.
4256 Hits

Postby stripesincarolina » October 1st, 2017, 3:44 pm

So my recap goes like this:

Jake Fisher sucks balls. He caused a strip sack before anyone broke a sweat. Jeremy Hill has started fumbling. He actually held the active record for touches without a fumble for a while. But 2 already this season. You cannot trade Gio....end of that discussion please. (Where was Mixon today?)

Did Fat Albert get beat at all today? Could be enough to get us through.

Tight end, enough with the Eiffert mess. Kroft is showing he is stepping up his game and looks ready for the lead role.

Dalton, sure its easy when you have to count 10 mississippi before rushing. But put him under any pressure and he crumbles. He looked great in play action today. We need to scheme receivers open more frequently.

When Pacman shines he breaks the damn bulb. But it still isnt enough to keep this aging cancer on my team. Send him packing this year.

Next week tells the tale for this year. Beat the Bills they have a chance. Lose and done. Its the Stoolers division for the taking unless we beat them TWICE.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Mag » October 1st, 2017, 4:17 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:So my recap goes like this:

Jake Fisher sucks balls. He caused a strip sack before anyone broke a sweat. Jeremy Hill has started fumbling. He actually held the active record for touches without a fumble for a while. But 2 already this season. You cannot trade Gio....end of that discussion please. (Where was Mixon today?)

Tight end, enough with the Eiffert mess. Kroft is showing he is stepping up his game and looks ready for the lead role.

Dalton, sure its easy when you have to count 10 mississippi before rushing. But put him under any pressure and he crumbles. He looked great in play action today. We need to scheme receivers open more frequently.

When Pacman shines he breaks the damn bulb. But it still isnt enough to keep this aging cancer on my team. Send him packing this year.

Next week tells the tale for this year. Beat the Bills they have a chance. Lose and done. Its the Stoolers division for the taking unless we beat them TWICE.

I agree on Fisher. Time to sit him. Smith has played well and he seems to be our best tackle.

Kroft looked great. He's our starter moving forward. I liked seeing Hewitt. He needs to be involved more.

This is Pac's last year. Let him do his thing and move on next year.

Trade Hill. Let him get a shot elsewhere. Trade Boyd while you're at it.
Mag

Postby stripesincarolina » October 1st, 2017, 5:33 pm

Mag wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:So my recap goes like this:

I agree on Fisher. Time to sit him. Smith has played well and he seems to be our best tackle.

Kroft looked great. He's our starter moving forward. I liked seeing Hewitt. He needs to be involved more.

This is Pac's last year. Let him do his thing and move on next year.

Trade Hill. Let him get a shot elsewhere. Trade Boyd while you're at it.

Agreed on Pac. Forgot the word "after" this year.

By the way, you just cannot appreciate how good AJG really is when he is attached to this team. Could you imagine him with a Brady or Rogers in their primes? He has to be a HOFer.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby stripesincarolina » October 1st, 2017, 7:18 pm

And since we are discussing Pac, there's this post game nugget from this total douchebag.

“As people know I’m a fan of Coach Hue,” Jones said, via Zac Jackson of The Athletic. “I know you say they’re getting a lot of talent, but I don’t know. From watching today and watching film, I probably shouldn’t say this but it’s going to be hard to win with that group. I’m just saying all around football, I don’t know if Hue has enough to win.”

Jones grew close with Jackson when he worked for the Bengals as an assistant, and didn’t have much hope for his old friend given the current roster following a 31-7 game which wasn’t really that close.

“He only can get so much out of the group that he has,” Jones said. “I was with Hue when he was with us. He’s one of the guys that you would, . . .if we had to go to Iraq right now and he had to pick friends to go, I would [go with him] because I know what type of leader and person he is.”

The Bengals improved to 1-3 with the victory over the 0-4 Browns, so neither team has a great resume. But Jones clearly sees a big difference in talent.

Hmmm....hey Pac, since you seem to think you might be the "right" talent, lets just move you on over there right now for a starting OT. You're such an amazing locker room leader I know that team would respond to you. Whatdoya think Pac? (aka Captain Asshat)
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Jmble » October 1st, 2017, 7:42 pm

I agree with most thoughts on Pac Man, but I’m not sure why you are all over him about these comments. I don’t disagree with anything he said.
Jmble

Next

Return to Football