Kitties vs Clowns Pre-game Chatter and Predictions

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Kitties vs Clowns Pre-game Chatter and Predictions

Postby MeatHeadbengal » September 28th, 2017, 4:54 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:Not sure I want to waste my time and watch the NFL this weekend. I have yard work that needs to be done.

This. I am done for a while. I dont have an issue coming here to comment and I like to see what you guys are up to, but I will save that 4 hours on sunday for something more enjoyable.

The NFL is headed for some BIG problems I think, beyond patriotism and even beyond declining sest sales. This CTE issue is about to explode. I read an article on the plane yesterday that said some researchers were able to locate a biomarker that would reveal early signs of CTE in LIVING subjects. If this is even slightly true, this is the nail in the coffin. You know every player is going to get tested. And from what we have learned over the last few years, tons of players had CTE. Even Hernandez had it bad. Enough positive tests and this will turn into the flag football league.

I don't think this CTE thing is nearly as big as people are making it out to be. Soccer has a lot of concussions as a sport too, there will always be a lot of guys out there that are willing to take the risk for that kind of money. As for turning it into flag football I just don't see that ever happening.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Bengals1 » September 29th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Paul Dehner Jr.‏ @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals: OUT -- TE T. Eifert (back), WR J. Ross (knee), LB J. Evans (hammy). Doubtful -- S D. Smith (ankle). Question -- OL Hopkins (knee).
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » September 29th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Paul Dehner Jr.‏ @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals signed LB Hardy Nickerson to practice squad after clearing waivers. Waive G Cole Toner to clear space.
Bengals1

Postby orange_black » October 1st, 2017, 1:10 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:Not sure I want to waste my time and watch the NFL this weekend. I have yard work that needs to be done.

This. I am done for a while. I dont have an issue coming here to comment and I like to see what you guys are up to, but I will save that 4 hours on sunday for something more enjoyable.

The NFL is headed for some BIG problems I think, beyond patriotism and even beyond declining sest sales. This CTE issue is about to explode. I read an article on the plane yesterday that said some researchers were able to locate a biomarker that would reveal early signs of CTE in LIVING subjects. If this is even slightly true, this is the nail in the coffin. You know every player is going to get tested. And from what we have learned over the last few years, tons of players had CTE. Even Hernandez had it bad. Enough positive tests and this will turn into the flag football league.

I don't think this CTE thing is nearly as big as people are making it out to be. Soccer has a lot of concussions as a sport too, there will always be a lot of guys out there that are willing to take the risk for that kind of money. As for turning it into flag football I just don't see that ever happening.

I agree with this.

I liken it to a rockstar.

yes you can be a rockstar.... but you will probably end up being a druggie.

ok, im in. Make me famous.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Previous

Return to Football