Cats v Pack game thread

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Cats v Pack game thread

Postby Jmble » September 25th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Our hope at this time. Let Cleveland go 0-16. Browns fire Hue Jackson. Bengals hire Hue Jackson.

Dalton isn't terrible. He isn't great either. he's an average QB. Great teams can win with average QBs. We don't have a great team. We have an average team with an average QB. We aren't as bad as we were the first two weeks. We showed that in the first half yesterday. By the way, Houston looked pretty good against the Pats yesterday. Maybe they aren't such a bad team either. But we are still no better than average.

By the way, where was all that Dalton quick release that they were gushing about in the second half of the game? Green and Mixon were continually making plays in the passing game. Seriously, who comes out in the first possession of overtime on the road in a game that you just let get tied up and just run it up the middle for no gain?

We probably beat the Browns this week. And I say probably because I can just as easily seeing us lose.
Jmble

Postby Deadcat » September 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:Dont forget, he overthrew a WIDE OPEN receiver headed into the endzone for a TD. I mean by 10 yards, and he had beaten coverage. Horrendous throw and he wasnt huried at all. I think thats when I commented that he was spooked. Its easy to complete 80% of your passes when they are all check downs or designed plays with 2 second releases. Lets look at how many attempts over 10 yards and I think there is your headline.

But if our OC is helping Dalton be more effective this quickly, that's a good sign. Maybe he'll get his confidence back up.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » September 25th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Jmble wrote:By the way, where was all that Dalton quick release that they were gushing about in the second half of the game? Green and Mixon were continually making plays in the passing game. Seriously, who comes out in the first possession of overtime on the road in a game that you just let get tied up and just run it up the middle for no gain?

Or the fact that they had to call a time out before they could run a play in OT. They had like 5 full minutes to get ready for OT and they couldn't get on the same page.

Typical Bungles. :roll:
Bengals1

Postby Mag » September 27th, 2017, 10:18 am

Courtesy of Carl Lawson, Kyle Murphy goes to IR.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/foot ... 7d3e8.html
Mag

Postby Bengals1 » September 27th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Bengals Bingo for week 3....

Bengals1

Postby Benzoo » September 27th, 2017, 7:54 pm

Bengals1 wrote:Bengals Bingo for week 3....

Didn't marvin lose a challenge?
Benzoo

Postby 4256 Hits » September 27th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Plus lost to Ravens, spent a 1st round pick on luxury player, signed no significant free agents, refused to pay starting player and I am sure that they had a stupid season motto since every year under Marv has one.
4256 Hits

Postby Bengals1 » September 27th, 2017, 11:31 pm

4256 Hits wrote:Plus lost to Ravens, spent a 1st round pick on luxury player, signed no significant free agents, refused to pay starting player and I am sure that they had a stupid season motto since every year under Marv has one.

This is just the Bingo card for week 3. ;)

Did Marvin lose a challenge? I only saw from the 4th quarter on.... :?
Bengals1

Postby 4256 Hits » September 28th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
4256 Hits wrote:Plus lost to Ravens, spent a 1st round pick on luxury player, signed no significant free agents, refused to pay starting player and I am sure that they had a stupid season motto since every year under Marv has one.

This is just the Bingo card for week 3. ;)

Did Marvin lose a challenge? I only saw from the 4th quarter on.... :?

Yes he lost a challenge on the 12 men on the field penalty.....yes it was the typical Lewis challenge that you knew the Bengals would lose b4 the flag hit the turf.
4256 Hits

Postby Bengals1 » September 28th, 2017, 1:43 pm

4256 Hits wrote: Yes he lost a challenge on the 12 men on the field penalty.....yes it was the typical Lewis challenge that you knew the Bengals would lose b4 the flag hit the turf.

Corrected version.... 8-)

Bengals1

Previous

Return to Football