Players Kneeling

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Players Kneeling

Postby Bengals1 » September 24th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Okay, I know this is a hot button issue but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts nevertheless. We have people from all over the country with varied backgrounds and political views here.

So how does everyone feel about the recent controversy over players kneeling for the Nat'l Anthem...?
Bengals1

Re: Players Kneeling

Postby orange_black » September 24th, 2017, 1:35 pm

its the national anthem.... if you dont like our president.... say it... but dont you dare disrespect the flag of the country i love.

if you dont like it, kiss my ass and leave.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby 4256 Hits » September 24th, 2017, 1:48 pm

orange_black wrote:its the national anthem.... if you dont like our president.... say it... but dont you dare disrespect the flag of the country i love.

+1

I will add if you do open your mouth don't be surprised if your sponsors drop you or less people buy your jersery or even a team may cut you. The nfl should also realize that less people are going to watch there stuff because people turn into football to watch football not political crap. I know I am watching less because that is not the kind of shit I want to see, not that I am protesting just choosing to do other stuff with my time. I will still watch the bengals but will not tune in until after game starts to avoid that stupid shit.

As Michael jordon once said why he never spoke on political issues. Republican buy shoes also. Wise words.
4256 Hits

Postby stripesincarolina » September 24th, 2017, 1:50 pm

orange_black wrote:its the national anthem.... if you dont like our president.... say it... but dont you dare disrespect the flag of the country i love.

Ditto. This is a business, a privilege, owners dont have to allow this. And they dont need to open up their franchises to political influence. I know of 3 friends already today that have sworn off the NFL. I must say, I am close behind. I applaud Mike Tomlin for the way he attempted to handle this distraction. It may make the team look like bigger douchebags than they already are, but Tomlin took the entire load on his shoulders and simply said my decision, we just wont participate. In the absence of an owner with a spine, this is about all a coach can do.

These players are seriously misreading their influence on john q public. And in doing so, they are putting their careers in peril as this spirals out of control.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Mag » September 24th, 2017, 2:04 pm

I understand and support the sentiment and reasoning behind the protests and I support the right of anyone to protest peacefully.

On the other hand, I believe the kneeling is a poor way to protest. In kneeling, they are putting the blame for the the issues in the wrong place. They are also conceding the Anthem and flag to the bigots they are protesting against. The Anthem and flag belongs to them too.

While our founding fathers were flawed men, they knew their flaws. To mitigate that, they created a government with a constitution that could be changed and amended over time, so that we could "strive for a more prefect union." We have a diverse history. There was plenty of bad and there still is. There also has been plenty of good and there continues to be. The Anthem and flag is every bit as much a symbol of the good as the bad. If anything it represents our drive to become that "more perfect union."

A better way to protest is to stand together hand in hand as a team. A team, like our country is a diverse group of people with different backgrounds and beliefs. They should stand together as one team, one country.
Mag

Postby Mag » September 24th, 2017, 4:56 pm

However you all feel about this, I'm proud of our guys. The Steelers, knowing they have a teammate who served in Afghanistan as a Captain in the Army Rangers left him to stand alone. The Bengals came out as a team arm and arm. One team one country.
Mag

Postby MeatHeadbengal » September 24th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Well I have very strong feelings on subject honestly, the NFL is a private organization and it is an employer. This needs to be covered in their procedure manual or codes of conduct, the 1st amendment doesn't protect anyone here if it's in the code of conduct. The amount of negative publicity that's coming out of this is going to cost them. I wish these guys would stand and quit being privileged cry babies about facts they think are true but aren't. Like our President or not he speaks true on this subject, and Jerry Jones is right if you don't stand you don't have a spot on his team.

Anyway you want to put it, stand and show respect that the people fought and died for these players to have.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Benzoo » September 24th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Whether you feel it's right or wrong, every time the media mentions it they win. The longer it goes on the more attention it brings to the media. and when the media talks about , we the people talk about it. It's a vicious cycle that doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon.
I bought a new flag to display on the Fourth of July this year. I was debating on when I should take it down. Originally I was going to wait until after veterans day. I have decided to keep up past that.
Benzoo

Postby 4256 Hits » September 24th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Benzoo wrote:Whether you feel it's right or wrong, every time the media mentions it they win.

Please help me out what are they trying to win? How do we know when they win? And how is this helping they win?
4256 Hits

Postby skycruiser » September 25th, 2017, 7:58 am

As a consumer of the NFL's product, fans have every right to stop consuming the product if they're that butthurt about somebody exercising their first amendment rights
skycruiser

Next

Return to Football