Cats vs Pack Pre Game Chatter & Predictions

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Cats vs Pack Pre Game Chatter & Predictions

Postby Deadcat » September 22nd, 2017, 12:56 pm

Bengals1 wrote:Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr
No John Ross or Tyler Eifert at practice again today for #Bengals. Safe to assume we won’t see them playing Sunday.

So glad we spent our precious first round pick on a impact player like Ross and not some stupid DE or O-Lineman who'd just sit there and not contribute..... :roll:

On a related note, I smell something fishy in regards to Ross. So opening week he misses due to a knee injury. The next week he practices all week and then is sat out of the game to which he claims not to know why. This week, he's being sat again due to the knee. So, does Ross actually have a knee problem or is this some game that the Bengals are playing. Note how McCarren may have another year of restricted free agency due to sitting out his first year. Are we trying to do the same with Ross? Maybe this is a way to redshirt the guy, keep his rookie contract in place, yet still allow him to learn the playbook and practice with the team. If this is the case, these guys agents should be screaming foul play.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » September 22nd, 2017, 2:31 pm

Deadcat wrote:On a related note, I smell something fishy in regards to Ross. So opening week he misses due to a knee injury. The next week he practices all week and then is sat out of the game to which he claims not to know why. This week, he's being sat again due to the knee. So, does Ross actually have a knee problem or is this some game that the Bengals are playing. Note how McCarren may have another year of restricted free agency due to sitting out his first year. Are we trying to do the same with Ross? Maybe this is a way to redshirt the guy, keep his rookie contract in place, yet still allow him to learn the playbook and practice with the team. If this is the case, these guys agents should be screaming foul play.

I believe you're mixing up your Bungles un-used Receivers. Ross played in the second game against the Texans and fumbled the first time he was given the ball. He never played again. Boyd was the one who sat out that game and later claimed he didn't know why....
Bengals1

Postby Mag » September 22nd, 2017, 3:21 pm

Deadcat wrote:Remember two years ago when we spent our first and second rounders on O-linemen? Do you remember either of them contributing the first year? Yeah, me neither.

Do you remember last year when we spent our first rounder on a CB? Do you remember any of his contributions? Yeah, me neither.

Does it really make a difference who we spend our first rounder on? We always seem to miss.

So quit your bitchin!

In 2014 Jeremy Hill contributed but hasn't done much since.
In 2013 Tyler Eifert contributed but has been on IR most of his career there after.
In 2012 Dre Kirkpatrick did a whole lot of nothing for 3 years.

Hill was a 2nd.
Mag

Postby Jmble » September 22nd, 2017, 3:22 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Deadcat wrote:On a related note, I smell something fishy in regards to Ross. So opening week he misses due to a knee injury. The next week he practices all week and then is sat out of the game to which he claims not to know why. This week, he's being sat again due to the knee. So, does Ross actually have a knee problem or is this some game that the Bengals are playing. Note how McCarren may have another year of restricted free agency due to sitting out his first year. Are we trying to do the same with Ross? Maybe this is a way to redshirt the guy, keep his rookie contract in place, yet still allow him to learn the playbook and practice with the team. If this is the case, these guys agents should be screaming foul play.

I believe you're mixing up your Bungles un-used Receivers. Ross played in the second game against the Texans and fumbled the first time he was given the ball. He never played again. Boyd was the one who sat out that game and later claimed he didn't know why....

B is correct. Ross got the rookie treatment. Fumble the ball and don't come back in the game. Though I have to say that was a hell of a play on that fumble. I wouldn't put all the blame on Ross on that one.

Can the Bengals beat the Pack? Sure. The Bengals have talent. Marvin is 3-0 against the Pack. The Bengals have been known to play up (or down) to their opponents in the past. They can look like shit against a crappy team and then look like a Super Bowl contender against an elite team.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a victory this week. You have the new offensive coordinator. You have Marvin Lewis attempting to light a fire under their asses for the first time that I can remember by straight out telling them they are playing for their jobs. Dalton is due for a good game. We're hitting Lambeau at the best possible time weatherwise.

This just feels like one of those games where they surprise everybody by suddenly showing up.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » September 22nd, 2017, 4:42 pm

Jmble wrote:Can the Bengals beat the Pack? Sure. The Bengals have talent. Marvin is 3-0 against the Pack. The Bengals have been known to play up (or down) to their opponents in the past. They can look like shit against a crappy team and then look like a Super Bowl contender against an elite team.

Although what you state here is true, that's when we had a decent O-line and were just playing like crap due to being a headcase team. This time its for a legitimate football reason, our O-line sucks hind-tit. :x

bwt: This is what I get sent to me by Packer fans.... :roll:

Bengals1

Postby stripesincarolina » September 23rd, 2017, 6:00 pm

Absolutely no reason to think the Bengals can pull this one off. Eifert is out. Burfict is out. Two big playmakers there. I sense they will try to run the ball this week and almost force it to a point of being painful to watch. This Oline is just not capable of run blocking. Or anything blocking for that matter.

More of the same.

Packers 23
Bengals 16 (defensive TD)
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Previous

Return to Football