How Much Longer Do We Give Dalton...?

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: How Much Longer Do We Give Dalton...?

Postby skycruiser » September 20th, 2017, 10:08 am

how much time is left on his contract? at least that much
skycruiser

Postby Mag » September 20th, 2017, 11:11 am

During week three, 25 years ago, the Packers came to Cincy. The starting quarterback gets hurt and the backup goes on to have a Hall of Fame career.

Perhaps history will repeat itself, but backwards.
Mag

Postby stripesincarolina » September 20th, 2017, 11:45 am

Nothing would make me happier to see AJ McCarron come in, throw a couple TD's to spark a victory, and dance like Marshawn Lynch on the sideline to rally the team. (youtube it, it's awesome)

When was the last time our squad generated the kind of energy they are feeling in LA right now. Those fans are insane at their 2-0 start. Believe me, they are feeling a SB run right now. Having the dynamic duo of Anemic Andy and Mundane Marvin leading this team just isn't going to get it done.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Bengals1 » September 20th, 2017, 11:50 am

stripesincarolina wrote:Nothing would make me happier to see AJ McCarron come in, throw a couple TD's to spark a victory, and dance like Marshawn Lynch on the sideline to rally the team. (youtube it, it's awesome)

When was the last time our squad generated the kind of energy they are feeling in LA right now. Those fans are insane at their 2-0 start. Believe me, they are feeling a SB run right now. Having the dynamic duo of Anemic Andy and Mundane Marvin leading this team just isn't going to get it done.

Uh....you do know Lynch plays for the Raiders, right?

The Oakland Raiders.....? :?
Bengals1

Postby stripesincarolina » September 20th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:Nothing would make me happier to see AJ McCarron come in, throw a couple TD's to spark a victory, and dance like Marshawn Lynch on the sideline to rally the team. (youtube it, it's awesome)

Lol, yes. I had just read an article about how shitty the crowd sizes were in LA. I had LA on the brain.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Mag » September 20th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Bengals1 wrote:

Regardless of where the Raiders are, I hear they are still considered LA's team.
Mag

Postby Deadcat » September 21st, 2017, 10:24 am

I saw somewhere that said some team scouts suggested that Dalton has regressed to where he is one of the bottom four QBs in the league now. However, I am also hearing a lot of negative talk about Eli Manning who has two superbowls. Both Andy and Eli have two of the worst lines in football. I do believe that has a lot to do with it.

Other teams with poor offensive lines this year, Seattle and Indianapolis. Indy's star QB is now injured and who knows when he'll return. Seattle has one of the best mobile QBs, however, he's struggled to generate any passing offense due to lack of time to throw.

Is Andy any good? Who knows? With our organization's lack of effort to improve the line, Andy should get a pass this year. That's poor timing to grant a pass considering that he's up for a contract renewal and could be cut next year with little impact.
Deadcat

Postby stripesincarolina » September 21st, 2017, 10:40 am

I struggle to give a veteran QB a pass. He knows the offense. He knows the issues with the line. He should have been chewing Zamps ear off to get him to call more runs, play action and get him moving. Andy is smart, and we know he has talent. But given those two qualities, I expect more. Brady, Manning have also faced bad olines in their careers. You have to find a way to succeed......ESPECIALLY when the rest of your offense has more potential top tier weapons than anybody in the league.

Time for Andy to step up and lead.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Deadcat » September 21st, 2017, 11:11 am

Andy Dalton is not Brady or Manning. Never will be. In his defense, no one else is either. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees maybe the only other two QBs in the league that can be expected to carry their teams like those two QBs you mentioned. Every other QB needs some help, and a good offensive line is a nice start.

Notice I said "good" offensive line. The one we have is anything but good. And I'm not asking for a great line. Just merely a serviceable one.
Deadcat

Postby Exile » September 21st, 2017, 11:38 am

stripesincarolina wrote:When was the last time our squad generated the kind of energy they are feeling in LA right now. Those fans are insane at their 2-0 start. Believe me, they are feeling a SB run right now. Having the dynamic duo of Anemic Andy and Mundane Marvin leading this team just isn't going to get it done.

2015 when we started 8-0? (And then flamed out)

2011 when the "Cardiac Cats" and the most prolific rookie QB-WR duo in history electrified the fans and made us say "Carson who?" when we were stoked just to get to the playoffs?
Exile

PreviousNext

Return to Football