Billings

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Billings

Postby stripesincarolina » May 18th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Good to hear he is 100%. The more I think about this the more I am starting to believe our season could hinge on that young mans shoulders. Peko is out, Billings is in. If he reinjures the knee we're screwed. However, if Billings shows up and anchors the middle, which is what we hoped he would do last year and make Peko expendable, then defensively we can begin to shape the game and hopefully get off the field on 3rd and long with a (should be) quicker pass rush.

Billings could single handedly alter game planning. But if he's a bust our options are few. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on this dude in camp.
stripesincarolina

Re: Billings

Postby Bengals1 » May 18th, 2017, 8:01 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:Good to hear he is 100%. The more I think about this the more I am starting to believe our season could hinge on that young mans shoulders. Peko is out, Billings is in. If he reinjures the knee we're screwed. However, if Billings shows up and anchors the middle, which is what we hoped he would do last year and make Peko expendable, then defensively we can begin to shape the game and hopefully get off the field on 3rd and long with a (should be) quicker pass rush.

Billings could single handedly alter game planning. But if he's a bust our options are few. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on this dude in camp.

Don't forget Hardison is healthy again too. He was a beast in College.
Bengals1

Postby MeatHeadbengal » May 19th, 2017, 9:26 am

I strongly believe his injury along with Williams (Rookie CB) really put a burden on our team last year and started the slide. I'm every excited to see them both back and can't wait to see what they can do.

Just got back from a trip to the philippines, great trip and happy to be back.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Deadcat » May 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

I think our defense is going to be strong with everyone getting healthy. My only concern, like most, is our line. If our line can buy Dalton time, we should do really well. If they can't, I think our defense alone should get us as many wins as we had last year. Mixon should improve our running game so that will help Dalton in and of itself.
Deadcat

Return to Football