Cincinnati TV station urges boycott of Bengals

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Cincinnati TV station urges boycott of Bengals

Postby skycruiser » May 3rd, 2017, 2:06 pm

this is stupid. i would boycott this station for this kind of crap

except for the bachelor of course
skycruiser

Postby Deadcat » May 3rd, 2017, 3:30 pm

I agree with the consensus that this is stupid. I'd boycott the network if I ever watched any of the local networks. Thankfully, I'm also in the Columbus market and haven't heard anyone calling for a boycott here. Most of the talk here has been about whether or not Cincy is the right place for Mixon and that his act is worse (like Ray Rice's) because it was caught on video.

I am interested in leaving Cable as long as I can watch my live sports and some popular shows like the Walking Dead. OB, care to share more about your Playstation Vue experience?
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » May 5th, 2017, 12:53 pm

SoP released a statement regarding the drafting of Mixon earlier today....

In the NFL draft last Friday, the Cincinnati Bengals selected a very talented football player who did a terrible thing his freshman year at college.

Since the incident three years ago, Joe was suspended by the football team, pleaded guilty in court, and accepted the consequences of his actions. He later went on to become a good citizen in Norman, a popular teammate, a player respected by his coaches, and one of the most talented players in college football.

The Bengals take pride in our hometown and want to provide winning football on the field and successful players off the field. That is the reason we drafted Joe – he is a rare football talent, and his conduct over the past three years leads us to believe he can help us win football games and also become a productive member of this community.

In making our decision, we took a risk. In this case, the risk has an upside as well as a downside. We believe Joe has put this behind him and that he can turn into the player and community member that creates a plus for Cincinnati. We are going to do everything in our power to make this happen. Our hope is that time will prove that this opportunity is deserved, and perhaps – if given a chance – Joe can write a chapter in Cincinnati sports history that both he and Cincinnati can be proud of.
Bengals1

Postby orange_black » May 8th, 2017, 1:45 pm

playstation vue has been awesome. my bill is 44.95 a month. period. no taxes, no surcharges, no equipment fees... 44.95. done.

with my one account i am able to stream up to 5 tvs at a time.... more than enough to cover my entire household.

It is an app you can put on your smart TV... if you dont have smart TV, a simple firestick will do it for you... they can be had for about 30 bucks at your local store.

bear in mind... at 44.95 a month, i have subscribed to their "max" channel lineup.... which gives me all they offer except for the movie channels. (HBO showtime, etc..)

so much sports are included... buncha ESPNs, buncha FS's, NFL network....

basically it is a kickass cable package WITHOUT all the stoopid basket weaving channels n shit.

I installed a 30 dollar antenna on my roof, ran the cable line down the side and split it into all the different cable lines at my house. This gives me local channels in all my rooms by hooking my tv up to the wall outlet like i would with a regular cable feed.

I have also gone ahead with the KODI app to watch all the pay-per-view stuff (NFL ticket). This is free... prolly bordering on illegal, but until the NFL gives me another option besides direcTV, they can suck eggs.

:)
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Deadcat » May 8th, 2017, 3:20 pm

I'm not trying Sling TV. It's $40 pre month for most channels and streaming to four devices. I'm a bit worried about a house of six whether or not four devices will be enough. It's rare that this would be an issue but it could happen.

I can add more sports stations for $10 a month but with this plan we have pretty much everything I have now with cable. I hate cable companies so I am hoping this works out.
Deadcat

Previous

Return to Football