Draft Thoughts

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Draft Thoughts

Postby skycruiser » May 1st, 2017, 7:59 am

Joe Bananas wrote:I'm tore about the mixon pick. I'll equate it to my favorite player of all time. Pete Rose. I loved Pete as a player, not as a person. I'll do the same with Mixon.

I agree...I equate this a bit to Tiger Woods situation. I'm not looking for role models. I'm looking for people who can win at sport. Why the hell should I care so much and be the morality police in a sport that is ALL ABOUT VIOLENCE. who gives a shit, it's a fucking game, he's not dating your daughters

and, we all still liked JoeB after he beat up the babysitter, didn't we?
skycruiser

Postby skycruiser » May 1st, 2017, 8:00 am

Draft related, this is my favorite bengals draft potentially of all time. They picked exactly who I wanted them to in the first 2 rounds. We got solid depth at the DL position and we got our Kicker. How can you be mad at that? We upgraded the team tremendously. Hopefully we can sign a veteran OL after cuts
skycruiser

Postby Mag » May 1st, 2017, 8:31 am

stripesincarolina wrote:Holy crap, Wilsons highlight reel is fun to watch! What I like here is I am beginning to see opportunities to move on from Pacman once and for all. We have options, we need to develop them.

I see the same. Between Dre being extended, Dennard getting his option picked up, Jackson waiting, Benwikere signed, plus Shaw and Russell showing some talent, the only reason to keep Jones is insurance due to possible injuries and needing a PR.

Well, Ross, Mixon, Wilson, and Erickson have the return game covered. If Dre, Dennard, and Jackson all make it through camp healthy, Jones will be cut. We could then use the cap money to extend other guys.
Mag

Postby Joe Bananas » May 1st, 2017, 8:31 am

skycruiser wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:I'm tore about the mixon pick. I'll equate it to my favorite player of all time. Pete Rose. I loved Pete as a player, not as a person. I'll do the same with Mixon.

I agree...I equate this a bit to Tiger Woods situation. I'm not looking for role models. I'm looking for people who can win at sport. Why the hell should I care so much and be the morality police in a sport that is ALL ABOUT VIOLENCE. who gives a shit, it's a fucking game, he's not dating your daughters

She had it coming . She was wanting equal rights:)
Joe Bananas

Postby Mag » May 1st, 2017, 8:37 am

skycruiser wrote:

I agree. I have my concerns, but if he can stay out of trouble and on the field I'll support him. Most of us probably have been proud of how Pac man turned things around early (I have). Yet he had regressed, he's been suspended and his behavior is hurting the team.
Mag

Postby skycruiser » May 1st, 2017, 8:52 am

I'm okay with him relapsing as long as he's punching Big Jen
skycruiser

Postby Mag » May 1st, 2017, 9:24 am

skycruiser wrote:I'm okay with him relapsing as long as he's punching Big Jen

We have Burfict for that. He gets more latitude from me since he has been very good at bringing the pain to Big Jen.
Mag

Postby MeatHeadbengal » May 1st, 2017, 9:45 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
skycruiser wrote:

She had it coming . She was wanting equal rights:)

Equal rights mean Equal Fights!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Deadcat » May 1st, 2017, 9:51 am

skycruiser wrote:

Someone on the radio had a good suggestion. He said that the NFL should make a rule banning players with a certain level of crime (conviction, which I don't believe Joe has). This would fix the problem. So let's say Mixon was convicted of assaulting this woman. The NFL would then remove his right to join their organization and make millions of dollars. It's like what any other job would do with druggies or convicted felons. But until the NFL applies that rule to the entire league, I don't want my team to tie one hand behind its back by avoiding talented players with problems while the Steelers and Ravens stack their teams. This is a league problem, not a Bengals problem.
Deadcat

Postby Deadcat » May 1st, 2017, 10:02 am

Mag wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:Holy crap, Wilsons highlight reel is fun to watch! What I like here is I am beginning to see opportunities to move on from Pacman once and for all. We have options, we need to develop them.

I see the same. Between Dre being extended, Dennard getting his option picked up, Jackson waiting, Benwikere signed, plus Shaw and Russell showing some talent, the only reason to keep Jones is insurance due to possible injuries and needing a PR.

Well, Ross, Mixon, Wilson, and Erickson have the return game covered. If Dre, Dennard, and Jackson all make it through camp healthy, Jones will be cut. We could then use the cap money to extend other guys.

If they haven't cut Jones yet, I'm guessing he won't be. Mike doesn't seem to care about having nice guys on the team, nor should he really. Like I said before, that's a league problem. And despite Pacman being an asshole (very much like the Pete Rose example someone used), he's still a very talented player. If we cut him, I guarantee someone else signs him, likely Pittsburgh or Baltimore. I guess I'm okay with having him on the team, I'm just not defending him for anything other than his football talent (which is fading). Character attacks are fair game for this guy!
Deadcat

PreviousNext

Return to Football