Draft Thoughts

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Draft Thoughts

Postby MeatHeadbengal » April 30th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Mag wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mag wrote:2. Joe Mixon RB- I hate the pick. I just wonder about the makings of a man who could do what he did. People say he learned his lesson and is trying to be better. Yet today, I read Daugherty's article and apparently he threatened an officer who gave him a parking ticket this passed Nov. That doesn't seem like he learned much of anything. That all being said, he's our problem now. I hope the light come on and he grows up. He may have all the talent in the world, but if he's suspended or in prison for doing stupid shit, it doesn't do us any good. If he turns it around, and if he is even half as talented as he seems to be in his film, he will help us tremendously. I don't see how a D can cover our WRs and stop this kid. He may be good enough to take pressure of our fledgling OL.

Personally I'm going to state my case with this and be done!

1 I'm not a proponent of hitting woman, I don't believe a man should hit a woman, but at the same time there are woman out there that deserve it period. I know personally the hardest Ive been hit in fights were by woman and that's back when I was a bouncer.

2 I'm also not a proponent of a woman layer her hands on a man ever. Parents should teach their daughters that if you do that you subject yourself to that man's moral compass.

With that being said I'm pissed at the way ESPN went out of their way to portray Mixon as this super super bad person when their was fault on the instance on both sides and the court case read that their was fault on both sides. The female release her own statement stating that she could have handled the situation much different and should have instigated the entire situation. I'm personally sick and tired of woman throwing punches and getting into fights with men and expecting society to just turn a blind eye and not expect the man to defend himself. I'm by all means not condoning what Mixon did, but he's had to live with this stigma on that campus now for 3 years, and I'm sure there are ill informed people out there that have attacked him and his character in person on multiple occasions because of this instance and he's had to live with that. I'm sure he's grown as a person, and as for Daugherty's article about the parking ticket, I'm assuming you're taking about Brad Daugherty he needs to stick to Basketball and I wouldn't take his word on anything seems ESPN is now more like CNN and wants to throw their political agenda into the mix. Bottom line is here guys dig deeper into the matter at hand here and don't just listen to the fake news cause after I looked into it further Mixon isn't nearly as bad as he's being portrayed as.

Fair point on the behavior by some woman. But Mixon walked into the cafe looking for trouble. Yeah, apparently words were exchanged off camera, but that should not matter. Both the woman and her friend were smaller than he was. So this big bad man was going to pick a fight with a woman and her small friend? What did he think he was going to accomplish? Regardless of a person's gender, only bullies and cowards pick fights with those smaller than them.

Actually this is incorrect, from the incident report Mixon did not instigate the incident. The full video was shows the female instigating the incident and that's why she also releases a statement saying she could have handled the situation differently as well. There's only one reason why she would have released a statement like that. Again don't just take what the media has to offer they are shaping the narrative!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby MeatHeadbengal » April 30th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Deadcat wrote:
Mag wrote:Fair point on the behavior by some woman. But Mixon walked into the cafe looking for trouble. Yeah, apparently words were exchanged off camera, but that should not matter. Both the woman and her friend were smaller than he was. So this big bad man was going to pick a fight with a woman and her small friend? What did he think he was going to accomplish? Regardless of a person's gender, only bullies and cowards pick fights with those smaller than them.

Correct. As someone who's supported drafting Mixon (because of his football skills, not because he's a good guy) Mixon instigated this incident. From what I read, he and his friends were outside this cafe spouting homosexual slurs at this girls friend. They walked into the cafe to avoid trouble, the responsible thing to do. If Mixon had more brains than brawn, he would have just walked away. Instead, he pursued the girl and her friend into the cafe and again was starting something. Finally, the girl lost her could and slapped him (not a smart move on her part). I think Mixon mostly out of instinct than out of hatred or anything else, struck the girl. As men, we need to have better control of our anger in those situations. That girl's slap was assault but likely didn't hurt him a bit. His punch put this girl in the hospital. It broke her jaw. Had I punched this woman it would have seriously injured her, but Mixon was a football player who was stronger than the average man and seriously injured this woman.

Did he learn his lesson? I'm not sure. He did fulfill his punishment and sat out of college football for a year. I'm guessing he attended anger management courses as well. The instincts that make Mixon successful on the football field, hurt him in these situations. Mixon needs to do his best to avoid similar situations by next time walking away. And the Bengals, need to protect their asset by keeping away from Adam Jones. Pacman does not make wise decisions. He does not walk away and avoid those situations. He constantly finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Should Mixon gravitate to Pacman, I can foresee some major trouble for Joe. This alone would be a great reason to cut Jones. But ultimately, Mixon will be responsible for his own actions and needs to hang around with a better group of friends. If he likes money, he should be home in bed at 10 pm every night and find a good woman to keep him home and happy during the offseason. Otherwise, he'll cost himself millions of dollars.

On a side note, watch Mixon holdout because of some crazy contract that Mike Brown comes up with.

Mixon served 100 hours of community service, as well as taking anger management sessions and also missed a season.

So Mixon was outside this late night restaurant and made sexual advances towards the woman because he thought she was attractive. She was drunk and stated that "she would never go anywhere with (Insert racial slur)" He then retaliated with "Oh so you're just going to go home with this fu@k'n (insert gay slur)", then she blew up cause she was drunk and took offense to the gay slur. She then hit him a few times and then everything from there explodes. I also don't care if you think he's the big bad man, some girls can hit hard and you don't know if she does or doesn't which means she shouldn't have laid a hand on him in the first place period. I know everyone on this board has a pretty good moral compass and I would assume everyone is teaching their daughter not to lay their hands on a man, it's just not lady like. It's not ok to just blame the man when theres two parties involved and she needed to act like a lady as well.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Mag » April 30th, 2017, 1:16 pm

I didn't say who instigated it. What I did say he walked in looking for trouble. Whatever was said outside doesn't matter. The girl and her friend went inside the building. They did not make Mixon go inside.

Regardless of who started it, Mixon finished it. He, his coaches, and our coaches claim he is sorry and learning from this mistake. If that is the case, explain this:

http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-de ... attendant/

I'm willing to give the kid a chance. I hope and pray he puts all that behind him. Hell, Ray Lewis stabbed a dude, found Jesus, and is now in the HoF. Perhaps this kid grows up. So far, he is not doing a great job.
Mag

Postby MeatHeadbengal » April 30th, 2017, 1:31 pm

Mag wrote:I didn't say who instigated it. What I did say he walked in looking for trouble. Whatever was said outside doesn't matter. The girl and her friend went inside the building. They did not make Mixon go inside.

Regardless of who started it, Mixon finished it. He, his coaches, and our coaches claim he is sorry and learning from this mistake. If that is the case, explain this:

I'm willing to give the kid a chance. I hope and pray he puts all that behind him. Hell, Ray Lewis stabbed a dude, found Jesus, and is now in the HoF. Perhaps this kid grows up. So far, he is not doing a great job.

LOL a university parking attendant... LOL, I can't tell you how many times at the University of Findlay I got parking tickets for leaving my car in a spot for just 1 minute. Those a$$holes think they have so much power and it makes their day when they write those.

I'm defending the guy cause I'm tired of the narrative that the media gives these kids. They blew these things way out and make huge deals about it. Just like on draft night the multiple articles on ESPN that made him out to look like a murder without telling the whole story.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Joe Bananas » April 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Yall need to go to YouTube and look up Malone. He's bad ass. I can easily see him being not only our third wr, but our second as well. He's good.
Joe Bananas

Postby Joe Bananas » April 30th, 2017, 2:09 pm

I'm tore about the mixon pick. I'll equate it to my favorite player of all time. Pete Rose. I loved Pete as a player, not as a person. I'll do the same with Mixon.
Joe Bananas

Postby Mag » April 30th, 2017, 6:00 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mag wrote:I didn't say who instigated it. What I did say he walked in looking for trouble. Whatever was said outside doesn't matter. The girl and her friend went inside the building. They did not make Mixon go inside.

LOL a university parking attendant... LOL, I can't tell you how many times at the University of Findlay I got parking tickets for leaving my car in a spot for just 1 minute. Those a$$holes think they have so much power and it makes their day when they write those.

I'm defending the guy cause I'm tired of the narrative that the media gives these kids. They blew these things way out and make huge deals about it. Just like on draft night the multiple articles on ESPN that made him out to look like a murder without telling the whole story.

So at what point is this not a problem? These transgressions, regardless of whether you think it was blown out of proportion, caused him to miss games. He missed an entire season for the punch. He missed a game for the parking attendant issue.

We've already lost Burfict and Jones recently to suspensions. Jones may miss games this season for his recent issue. Having all that talent is great, but how does he help the team of he's suspended or out of the league?
Mag

Postby Mag » April 30th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:Yall need to go to YouTube and look up Malone. He's bad ass. I can easily see him being not only our third wr, but our second as well. He's good.

Did you see the Wilson highlights?
Mag

Postby Joe Bananas » April 30th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Mag wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:Yall need to go to YouTube and look up Malone. He's bad ass. I can easily see him being not only our third wr, but our second as well. He's good.

Did you see the Wilson highlights?

Yes. Seen him play against louisville being close to there a few times. I didn't remember his name but when they showed his highlights on draft day I knew who he was. Gooooooood pick up!
Joe Bananas

Postby stripesincarolina » April 30th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Holy crap, Wilsons highlight reel is fun to watch! What I like here is I am beginning to see opportunities to move on from Pacman once and for all. We have options, we need to develop them.
stripesincarolina

PreviousNext

Return to Football