2017 NFL Draft Thread

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Postby Bengals1 » April 28th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Deadcat wrote:
At some point, we have to have faith that our coaching staff will fix our line. Can it really be as bad as we all think it is?

What on earth would you possess you to write such drivel!?! Did you start drinking during the draft last night and never stop? Or are you drinking the Kool-Aid SoP and Marvin are handing out now?

We needed a pass-catching TE for over a decade and it was Marvin & Co. that couldn’t find one. They couldn’t draft one….they couldn’t or wouldn’t trade for one or sign on as a Free Agent. And when they finally did address this glaring need who did they pick? That great fourth quarter disappearing act Jermaine Gresham! How’d that work for us…?

How long have we needed better Linebackers? Like 8-9 years maybe? Remember how during the last few years of the Carson Palmer era we were reduced to using Safeties at Linebacker? Remember the great experiment that was Taylor “Waste of Space” Mays? How long did Marvin cling on to that useless waste of human flesh like he was his love-child before finally and mercifully cutting his ass? And then Lewis had the gall to bring him back for another try!!!

My God!

What faith do you have that they won’t let the O-line issues fester like a boil on Joe B’s butt? Certainly not the history of the Lewis administration that’s for sure.

Deadcat wrote:If so, Dalton would be refusing to play.

Dalton can’t refuse to play, he’s under contract. If he held out he'd forfeit everything they owe him and become a pariah in the league. He’d never play for anyone else again....ever. Did Palmer quit when the O-line as so bad he was hobbling for his life on almost every play? Remember when we were reduced to using the biggest players we could find to try and stem the tide it was so bad? We called it the Jurassic Line. It was one of the reasons Carson finally went to SoP and asked to him to fix things and SoP basically told Palmer to go to hell, he’d run the team however he wanted and Carson asked to be traded. I suppose Dalton could still try that.

Deadcat wrote: Instead of being pissed, let's look at the positives.

No, let’s not this time.

Let’s get pissed and call out a coach who hasn’t won a play-off game in 10 years. Let’s call out a scouting group that gave us Andre “Sugar t*ts” Smith, Jermaine “fade in the fourth” Gresham, Chris “Two carry” Perry, Peter “The snail” Warrick, Oogie Boogie and many other memorable first round failures.

Let’s call out an owner who pinches his pennies harder than Ryno pinches hinnies over at the Kit Kat Strip Club on Saturday nights. An owner who continues to reward mediocrity and constantly gives thugs and hoods like Adam Jones a second and third and fourth chance but let’s go of his best players like Whitworth and Zietler.

The glass is not half full folks, it’s got two swigs left sloshing around in the bottom of a spit soaked bottle and you want to “look on the bright side.”

No, I say let's get pissed and let's do it now!!!
Bengals1

Postby MeatHeadbengal » April 28th, 2017, 1:27 pm

I'm not going to protest like some kind of snowflake, but I'll not buy gear, not go to games, and run out of F's to give come season time.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Bengals1 » April 28th, 2017, 1:36 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:I'm not going to protest like some kind of snowflake, but I'll not buy gear, not go to games, and run out of F's to give come season time.

I guess what I'm saying is let's stop always trying to turn the other cheek with this club and start calling them out instead. I know none of us are sports journalists but when there's a call in show in Cincy call in and express your outrage. Email the Enquirer or whatever rag services the Queen City and tell the sports department to stop paying lip service to Marvin and the Browns and yes, if the team starts off 2-6 stop going to the games.
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » April 28th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Deadcat wrote:
At some point, we have to have faith that our coaching staff will fix our line. Can it really be as bad as we all think it is?

What on earth would you possess you to write such drivel!?! Did you start drinking during the draft last night and never stop? Or are you drinking the Kool-Aid SoP and Marvin are handing out now?

We needed a pass-catching TE for over a decade and it was Marvin & Co. that couldn’t find one. They couldn’t draft one….they couldn’t or wouldn’t trade for one or sign on as a Free Agent. And when they finally did address this glaring need who did they pick? That great fourth quarter disappearing act Jermaine Gresham! How’d that work for us…?

How long have we needed better Linebackers? Like 8-9 years maybe? Remember how during the last few years of the Carson Palmer era we were reduced to using Safeties at Linebacker? Remember the great experiment that was Taylor “Waste of Space” Mays? How long did Marvin cling on to that useless waste of human flesh like he was his love-child before finally and mercifully cutting his ass? And then Lewis had the gall to bring him back for another try!!!

My God!

What faith do you have that they won’t let the O-line issues fester like a boil on Joe B’s butt? Certainly not the history of the Lewis administration that’s for sure.

Deadcat wrote:If so, Dalton would be refusing to play.

Dalton can’t refuse to play, he’s under contract. If he held out he'd forfeit everything they owe him and become a pariah in the league. He’d never play for anyone else again....ever. Did Palmer quit when the O-line as so bad he was hobbling for his life on almost every play? Remember when we were reduced to using the biggest players we could find to try and stem the tide it was so bad? We called it the Jurassic Line. It was one of the reasons Carson finally went to SoP and asked to him to fix things and SoP basically told Palmer to go to hell, he’d run the team however he wanted and Carson asked to be traded. I suppose Dalton could still try that.

Deadcat wrote: Instead of being pissed, let's look at the positives.

No, let’s not this time.

Let’s get pissed and call out a coach who hasn’t won a play-off game in 10 years. Let’s call out a scouting group that gave us Andre “Sugar t*ts” Smith, Jermaine “fade in the fourth” Gresham, Chris “Two carry” Perry, Peter “The snail” Warrick, Oogie Boogie and many other memorable first round failures.

Let’s call out an owner who pinches his pennies harder than Ryno pinches hinnies over at the Kit Kat Strip Club on Saturday nights. An owner who continues to reward mediocrity and constantly gives thugs and hoods like Adam Jones a second and third and fourth chance but let’s go of his best players like Whitworth and Zietler.

The glass is not half full folks, it’s got two swigs left sloshing around in the bottom of a spit soaked bottle and you want to “look on the bright side.”

No, I say let's get pissed and let's do it now!!!

Hollywood, we (especially you) have been bitching about this team for years. We got through the Dave Shula days and landed with Mediocre Marvin. At least we can count on 8 or more wins every year and a good chance at the playoffs. The sky ain't fallin Chicken Little! We just drafted the fastest player ever to dawn a football jersey and you're complaining. There was no tackle or guard rated high enough for us to take at nine. Plus, some decent guys will fall to us later. Don't go jumping off the ledge of your two story production studio. And bitching about this team solves nothing. I can't think of one time Mike has read this board and said, "you know what, that guy dressed in a banana outfit has a good point, let's finally take a linebacker worth a shit." No, it's his toy and he's gonna play with it however he wants. I don't know why you are hung up on linebackers. This team doesn't draft them. They wait until they fall out of the sky or sign some garbage guy from another team to fill a hole. That's the way it's always been. Maybe this year our 3rd or 4th round will be worth a shit but don't count on it. Will probably draft another "first round caliber" OLB who can't get on the field because of migraines. Or will draft some massive Eastern European who's 33 and plays more bocci ball than football. But hey, that's what we got. I'm gonna be excited about my team until they prove what we already know, that Mike Brown couldn't run a football organization on techmo bowl, let alone in real life.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » April 28th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Deadcat wrote: At least we can count on 8 or more wins every year and a good chance at the playoffs.

Except for last yeah, Huh?

Deadcat wrote: We just drafted the fastest player ever to dawn a football jersey and you're complaining.

"We just drafted the best LT in the draft!" - 2001 after the Levi Jones pick

"We just got a great Running Back from a major school, we can wait to get a Corner!" - 2003 after the Chris Perry pick

"We just drafted a OLB that will anchor our front 7 for the next decade!" - 2008 after the Keith Rivers pick

"We just got the top tackle in the draft, he'll anchor our O-line for a decade or more!" - 2009 after the Andre Smith pick

"We just got the best TE in the whole draft, we've finally addressed our glaring need!" - 2010 after the Jermaine Gresham pick

"We've got our Tackles for the next decade now!" - 2015 after the Oogie Boogie and Jake Fisher picks

Deadcat wrote: There was no tackle or guard rated high enough for us to take at nine.

Then you fall back or take one of the numerous defensive players that were just sitting there that could shore up our pathetic pass- rush right away.

Deadcat wrote: Plus, some decent guys will fall to us later.

Said every fan who's team didn't get what they really needed in round 1.

Deadcat wrote: Don't go jumping off the ledge of your two story production studio.

Nobodies jumping off a cliff here, i'm pissed they missed the mark again....and so should you be. That's what every one who doesn't have a decent counter argument says to try and end the debate. Next you'll be comparing me to Hitler....

Deadcat wrote: And bitching about this team solves nothing. I can't think of one time Mike has read this board and said, "you know what, that guy dressed in a banana outfit has a good point, let's finally take a linebacker worth a shit."

It's makes me feel better, so there.

Deadcat wrote: No, it's his toy and he's gonna play with it however he wants. I don't know why you are hung up on linebackers. This team doesn't draft them. They wait until they fall out of the sky or sign some garbage guy from another team to fill a hole. That's the way it's always been. Maybe this year our 3rd or 4th round will be worth a shit but don't count on it. Will probably draft another "first round caliber" OLB who can't get on the field because of migraines. Or will draft some massive Eastern European who's 33 and plays more bocci ball than football. But hey, that's what we got. I'm gonna be excited about my team until they prove what we already know, that Mike Brown couldn't run a football organization on techmo bowl, let alone in real life.

You've just proven my point exactly, thank you.
Bengals1

Postby skycruiser » April 28th, 2017, 3:13 pm

sissy fight!!!!!!!!
skycruiser

Postby Deadcat » April 28th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Deadcat wrote: At least we can count on 8 or more wins every year and a good chance at the playoffs.

Except for last yeah, Huh?

Since when did the Bengals become that Pats? We're not going to make the playoffs every year. 5 out of 6 ain't real bad for a team that went 20 years without!

Deadcat wrote: We just drafted the fastest player ever to dawn a football jersey and you're complaining.

"We just drafted the best LT in the draft!" - 2001 after the Levi Jones pick

Actually turned out to be a very good tackle for us.

"We just got a great Running Back from a major school, we can wait to get a Corner!" - 2003 after the Chris Perry pick

No argument here.

"We just drafted a OLB that will anchor our front 7 for the next decade!" - 2008 after the Keith Rivers pick

Hines Ward did him in when he broke his jaw.

"We just got the top tackle in the draft, he'll anchor our O-line for a decade or more!" - 2009 after the Andre Smith pick

Smith at one time was the best RT in football. He was a good pick.

"We just got the best TE in the whole draft, we've finally addressed our glaring need!" - 2010 after the Jermaine Gresham pick

Gresham was a solid pick. He is still in the NFL today. Gronk turned out to be better but Gresham was not a bad pick and at the time was the best TE that year according to almost everyone.

"We've got our Tackles for the next decade now!" - 2015 after the Oogie Boogie and Jake Fisher picks

No argument here.

No comparisons to Hitler. I leave that to the libs. And I'm not sure they missed the mark. Often no one knows if a player will be good until they get to the NFL. In a couple of years I'll be able to tell you if Ross was a good pick or not, but not now. Every team drafts players that they think will be good. Even the best of them miss.

For example, in 2012 the Pats drafted DE Chandler Jones in the first round. They basically gave him away to the Cardinals last year. In 2006 they drafted RB Laurence Maroney in the first. I never heard of the dude. In 1999 they drafted Andy Katzenmoyer who like Rivers got hurt and eventually retired.
Last edited by Deadcat on April 28th, 2017, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » April 28th, 2017, 3:27 pm

skycruiser wrote:sissy fight!!!!!!!!

Stay out of this or DC will hit you with his purse.....
Bengals1

Postby RazorbackBengal » April 28th, 2017, 3:28 pm

I will be happy with the pick if he stays healthy.

He seems like a good kid who will work his rear off and become a good pro.

We still have a ton of picks left. I am not at all discouraged so far.
RazorbackBengal

Postby MeatHeadbengal » April 28th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Well on the fighting here I'm squarely in the middle cause on 1 side I'm sill F'n pissed with our first round pick, and 2 I find it hard to blame a team on draft picks that just don't pan out. Reason being EVERY TEAM has that problem!!! Everyone misses and everyone has those Chris Perry's! I for one am happy with what we've done over the past 10 years or so and it's shown because there's jokes being made of us on draft day. I mean seriously we all remember the days when that ass face Berman would make a joke about us being on the clock, since Marvin he's not been able to do that.

So I'll be pissed about our 1st rounder this year for a little while longer, I might be happy about our second rounder depending on who it is and I'll move on. I'm done going to game and spending money on the team for a while though.
MeatHeadbengal

PreviousNext

Return to Football