Official 2024 Draft Thread, All things Draft.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: Official 2024 Draft Thread, All things Draft.

Post by skycruiser » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:09 pm

Love it all joeb. I don’t think Mims will be the guy because
Of his inexperience and they cane afford a whiff but wouldn’t be mad

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:52 pm
18 – Amarius Mims OT – Georgia
Think they consider others, obviously. But they love him. They would have taken Fuaga, but he was gone
Mims was one of 3 players the bengals met with at combine, pro day and used for one of their official visits
I love this pick honestly, he's not raw he's inexperienced and there's a big difference. He could very well be the best OT in the draft when his career is over. He's just built different!
49 – T’Vondre Sweat DT - Texas
The DUI doesn’t bother them. A DUI to the Bengals is like us having an overdue library book
Mims was one of three players I listed earlier, Sweat was the second one
The DUI thing I think really just completely takes him the board. Zach and Company have stated over and over again that they draft on character and other factors. His visit was literally a week before this happened and 3 weeks before one of the biggest days in his life. I don't see the Bengals doing anything with this guy sooner then the 6th round if at all.
80 – Erick All TE – Iowa
They love him. Talked to him at combine, pro day and was one of 30 visits they had come in
Mims, Sweat and All were the only 3 players to meet with team at combine, pro day and official visit
I love this pick, Iowa has produced some of the best TE's in the league over the past few years. The only thing I think is he would be available at 97.
149 – Maason Smith DT – LSU
Big dude 6’6 315. If wasn’t for an injury he’d be first round material
Great value with this pick here. I see us taking a guy like him later in the draft.

All in all I wouldn't be upset with this 1 bit other then Sweat, I really don't think he's coming off the board any sooner then the 6th IF we're the team taking him. I'm sure other teams might risk it in the 4th or 5th, so we won't have to worry about it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 pm

You left out a Punter Joseph. Otherwise, good job.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm

Looks like Byron Murphy is getting a ton of juice. As much as I want him there's no way he'll get to 18. All signs pointing to best available RT

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:33 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm
Looks like Byron Murphy is getting a ton of juice. As much as I want him there's no way he'll get to 18. All signs pointing to best available RT
I'm seeing a lot of Mocks with us taking Jer'Zhan Newton, the big DT out of Illinois now.

I have a sinking feeling if he, Murphy and the top 4 Tackles are gone we're gonna' trade back. This assumes Bowers, the TE out of Georgia is off the board as well.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:52 pm
18 – Amarius Mims OT – Georgia
Think they consider others, obviously. But they love him. They would have taken Fuaga, but he was gone
Mims was one of 3 players the bengals met with at combine, pro day and used for one of their official visits
I love this pick honestly, he's not raw he's inexperienced and there's a big difference. He could very well be the best OT in the draft when his career is over. He's just built different!
49 – T’Vondre Sweat DT - Texas
The DUI doesn’t bother them. A DUI to the Bengals is like us having an overdue library book
Mims was one of three players I listed earlier, Sweat was the second one
The DUI thing I think really just completely takes him the board. Zach and Company have stated over and over again that they draft on character and other factors. His visit was literally a week before this happened and 3 weeks before one of the biggest days in his life. I don't see the Bengals doing anything with this guy sooner then the 6th round if at all.
80 – Erick All TE – Iowa
They love him. Talked to him at combine, pro day and was one of 30 visits they had come in
Mims, Sweat and All were the only 3 players to meet with team at combine, pro day and official visit
I love this pick, Iowa has produced some of the best TE's in the league over the past few years. The only thing I think is he would be available at 97.
149 – Maason Smith DT – LSU
Big dude 6’6 315. If wasn’t for an injury he’d be first round material
Great value with this pick here. I see us taking a guy like him later in the draft.

All in all I wouldn't be upset with this 1 bit other then Sweat, I really don't think he's coming off the board any sooner then the 6th IF we're the team taking him. I'm sure other teams might risk it in the 4th or 5th, so we won't have to worry about it.
I have a list of players the team has either spoken with at combine, pro day and or visited with. I believe all the guys on here they have met with. May not mean anything. If they chose a DT in the first rather than a OT then it throws a wrench in the whole thing.

I know they've met with Mims 3 times and Pollack is crazy over him so I read. They have met with All 3 times too and Sweat. I get it that Zach had changed that part of the culture and they may very well have taken him of the board but I mean it's not like he beat his fiance or something.

They love Maason Smith too. With Sweats DUI they could have moved Sweat and Smith may have taken his place.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 pm
You left out a Punter Joseph. Otherwise, good job.
Yes. You're right.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Yeah he is. Seems like he's the hot talk right now.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:33 pm
skycruiser wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of Mocks with us taking Jer'Zhan Newton, the big DT out of Illinois now.

I have a sinking feeling if he, Murphy and the top 4 Tackles are gone we're gonna' trade back. This assumes Bowers, the TE out of Georgia is off the board as well.
I couldn't find any information and pretty sure they didn't even meet with Newton at all or even talked to him. Which tells me they do have Murphy ranked higher and probably guys like Smith as well.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 pm

This easily go DT first then wr second and all and m Smith in third. Depends, team isn't giving much information out. But you'd have to think it's either OT, DT or maybe WR... but what if an edge rusher falls, or a top corner? This is why I love the draft!

But with years of frustration over protecting Burrow you'd have to think they are zeroing in on an OT and EARLY!