MeatHeadbengal

Ryan Finley

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri May 17, 2019 11:40 am

Saw this interesting video and figured I'd share it

https://youtu.be/2gOAy8NbD8I

stripesincarolina

Re: Ryan Finley

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Ok, so its my Alma Mater and I watched every game he played. Let me just say this......NAH. i love the kid and I am super happy they drafted him. But he is NOT the second coming of Philip Rivers, he doesnt have a cannon for an arm, and he has no mobility in the pocket. He's going to take that sack in the NFL. He's a Carson Palmer finesse QB with 3/4ths of the arm strength. While he is fairly brainy about the position, I dont think I ever saw him audible. NC State's offense was pretty vanilla.

I truly hope he grows into the position and can replace Dalton. But he doesnt have all the tools in the toolbox quite yet IMO.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat May 18, 2019 9:29 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 pm
Ok, so its my Alma Mater and I watched every game he played. Let me just say this......NAH. i love the kid and I am super happy they drafted him. But he is NOT the second coming of Philip Rivers, he doesnt have a cannon for an arm, and he has no mobility in the pocket. He's going to take that sack in the NFL. He's a Carson Palmer finesse QB with 3/4ths of the arm strength. While he is fairly brainy about the position, I dont think I ever saw him audible. NC State's offense was pretty vanilla.

I truly hope he grows into the position and can replace Dalton. But he doesnt have all the tools in the toolbox quite yet IMO.
I find this funny cause honestly thats how they all talked about Tom Brady. Now I'm not at all saying he's a Tom Brady but deep down I'm hoping he is haha.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Nothing would make me or us happier. But we're gonna need an Oline and Rob Gronkowski.
Seeking Superbowls

Andysbigfateyebrows

Post by Andysbigfateyebrows » Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 am

Tom Brady was Tom Brady before Rob Gronkowski was in high school.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:07 am

Just another reminder, keep your eye on Ryan. Dalton will have a very short leash with this kid sitting on the bench ready to go.

https://www.bengals.com/news/how-finley ... ot-forward
Seeking Superbowls

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:24 pm

when i watch him play.... the one thing that keeps going through my head is, "He looks and moves like an NFL QB".

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:02 pm

With Zac being new, he also has a short window to make "acceptable" mistakes. He's already proving that by playing some of the rookies on opening day. If he's wrong with Michael Jordan at LG he can shuffle the lineup, admit he was wrong and move on. Same with Dalton. If things are going well early he can pull Dalton and try Finley for a couple weeks without penalty.

Mikey won't fault him for shaking things up when points aren't being scored no matter how much he loves Dalton. Nothing would make him happier than to have Finley be a star and ride out his rookie deal and cut bait with Andy. So I'm fully expecting Finley to get a start after mid-season if we are 3-5 or worse.
Seeking Superbowls

Mogy

Ryan Finley

Post by Mogy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:15 am

He had the Bills at 10th in points per possession last year.

They scored 20 something against an excellent Jets defense.

He clearly was not horrible with the Bills. You dont deserve to be fired when you are the OC for a top 10 offense with Taylor as your QB.

https://crewing.top