NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:07 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:11 pm
Bears trade J Fields to Pitt for a 4th rounder that could turn into a 6th rounder. :shock:
That just about assures Caleb Williams will be the 1st pick this year. Not that that's a major surprise.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:40 pm

Williams is a DB with incredible bust potential

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:01 am

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:40 pm
Williams is a DB with incredible bust potential
Yeah, agree. Think he has all the talent in the world but he's become wacky over the last year or so it seems. He pants his fingernails and wears dresses and make up when he goes out according to GQ, not sure how well thats gonna go over in the locker room. Who knows. Glad it's their problem and my ours.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:52 pm

And he sucks and never won games. I don’t get the hype

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:30 pm

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The NFL has banned the hip-drop tackle, source said. The Competition Committee was unanimous on it.

------------

This is just going to make things worse. They still can't define a catch after 100 years of Pro Football. They call roughing the passer and targeting so seemingly frequently and randomly the terms have lost all meaning.

Now they've armed arguably the worst refs in professional sports with another semi-vague rule with which to change the outcome of games.

I've watched less and less NFL Football over the past few years and I really haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. These sorts of things are largely why.

The CFL season can't get here soon enough...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:03 am

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The NFL informed clubs today it has revised the uniform policy to allow teams a third helmet design, per source.

This expansion was offered to the teams that were going through the re-design process for the 2024 season and is now open to all clubs for the 2025 season.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
Here’s more from today’s memo to clubs about the third helmet design. The memo notes: “If either alternate color helmet is paired with a Classic uniform, the helmet colors and designs must be historically compatible.