Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: General Free Agency News & Chatter.

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:32 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 pm
Twitter is ablaze tonight with fears we just screwed up RT, NT and soon to be WR if Higgins decides to sit. Not feeling to good about this myself honestly. Need to resolve one of these three issues before the draft. If Tart doesnt sign I really think the Bengals go fishing with draft picks for a top tier run stopper. Seeing Derrick Brown from the Panthers being thrown around a lot.

We'll see, but if Tart isnt at Jeff Rubys pounding a couple ribeyes right now we're in trouble.
You answered your self with the first word "twitter". Twitter isn't reality, Higgins isn't going to sit so stop worrying about that, see Le,veon Bell. Secondly neither of those guys that visited yesterday were long term answers at NT or RT. The Bengals have been making really good decisions in FA over the past years, there's an entire thread on it. We need to have a little faith and not get wrapped up in the emotion of the moment!

In business and making deals the person that wants it the most losses..
Meat, you are probably looking at $20mm-$30mm in guaranteed money if he plays under the tag and gets a career ending injury. He'll sit. Bank on it. He gets paid to sit and not get injured. 31 teams in the NFL would love to have him. He'll sit. Let me say that again from his agents perspective.....HE'LL SIT. Do you think Burrow would be playing right now without his guaranteed money?? No freaking way!! I vehemently disagree with these games, tactics, whatever you want to call them. But the bottom line is you sit for $20-$30mm and dont get injured. Its the world we live in.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Twitter is ablaze tonight with fears we just screwed up RT, NT and soon to be WR if Higgins decides to sit. Not feeling to good about this myself honestly. Need to resolve one of these three issues before the draft. If Tart doesnt sign I really think the Bengals go fishing with draft picks for a top tier run stopper. Seeing Derrick Brown from the Panthers being thrown around a lot.

We'll see, but if Tart isnt at Jeff Rubys pounding a couple ribeyes right now we're in trouble.
You answered your self with the first word "twitter". Twitter isn't reality, Higgins isn't going to sit so stop worrying about that, see Le,veon Bell. Secondly neither of those guys that visited yesterday were long term answers at NT or RT. The Bengals have been making really good decisions in FA over the past years, there's an entire thread on it. We need to have a little faith and not get wrapped up in the emotion of the moment!

Meat, you are probably looking at $20mm-$30mm in guaranteed money if he plays under the tag and gets a career ending injury. He'll sit. Bank on it. He gets paid to sit and not get injured. 31 teams in the NFL would love to have him. He'll sit. Let me say that again from his agents perspective.....HE'LL SIT. Do you think Burrow would be playing right now without his guaranteed money?? No freaking way!! I vehemently disagree with these games, tactics, whatever you want to call them. But the bottom line is you sit for $20-$30mm and dont get injured. Its the world we live in.
He will play this year. He only has a handful of years to make big money and will not sit one out. That would be $20+ million he would miss out on by not playing. Sits out this year they can just tag him next year. As far as injuries go, I can't think of a single WR that had a career ending injury in their mid 20's.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:10 pm

Teth-Adam@DCRezz
My bona fides when it comes to criticizing the Bengals organization for failing to leverage cash spending relative to other organizations is unimpeachable I think, so you know I’m not carrying water for folks when I say this, but there have been some preposterous overreactions to this off-season on this site lol. They’ve lost precisely one player that anyone on here should’ve wanted to retain (Reader), and even that loss was directly mitigated by the Rankins acquisition (not in terms of role of course, but in terms of accretive value).

There’s still more work to be done of course and I reserve the right to downgrade the off-season if they don’t do things like sign Tart, a competent tackle option and if they don’t bring the Higgins situation to a positive conclusion, but we aren’t there yet. They’re still well positioned.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:11 pm

He has 21.6 million reasons to show up the last week of preseason

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:59 pm

:shock:
Steelers acquired QB Justin Fields from the Bears in exchange for a conditional 2025 sixth-round pick.

The 2025 sixth-round pick can become a fourth-round pick if Fields hits certain playing time marks. The former first-round pick struggled to find much of a market during the first week of free agency but now has a chance to backup Russell Wilson in Pittsburgh following the trade of Kenny Pickett. According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, Wilson is the Steelers’ starter, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Fields get a crack at the starting gig at some point in the year. As far as their long-term futures as starting quarterbacks are concerned, both Wilson and Fields have something to prove in this upcoming season, and the Steelers, who often play themselves out of a top draft pick for a quarterback, are desperately in need of a long-term solution at the position. We are a long way from drawing any definite conclusions on how this situation could shape up, but Fields now gets a chance to turn things around with a new team, while the Bears have all but guaranteed they will take Caleb Williams with the 1.01 in next month’s draft.

Transaction 16m ago
Source: Ian Rapoport

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:04 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:

I'd be willing to put money on it that he plays. He's not going to sit... You can write in all caps all you want it won't change the fact that he's going to play. The precedent has been set by Le'veon Bell, and we all know how that turned out.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:07 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:10 pm
Teth-Adam@DCRezz
My bona fides when it comes to criticizing the Bengals organization for failing to leverage cash spending relative to other organizations is unimpeachable I think, so you know I’m not carrying water for folks when I say this, but there have been some preposterous overreactions to this off-season on this site lol. They’ve lost precisely one player that anyone on here should’ve wanted to retain (Reader), and even that loss was directly mitigated by the Rankins acquisition (not in terms of role of course, but in terms of accretive value).

There’s still more work to be done of course and I reserve the right to downgrade the off-season if they don’t do things like sign Tart, a competent tackle option and if they don’t bring the Higgins situation to a positive conclusion, but we aren’t there yet. They’re still well positioned.
I agree with this, it seems some fans have put way too much emotion into this FA period and are extremely over reacting. As the article said in a different post the Bengals are almost batting 1.000 in recent past we have to just take a step back and let things play out.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:07 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Teth-Adam@DCRezz

I agree with this, it seems some fans have put way too much emotion into this FA period and are extremely over reacting. As the article said in a different post the Bengals are almost batting 1.000 in recent past we have to just take a step back and let things play out.
But again, they had the money and so far, let me repeat, SO FAR....no one can sit here and say this team is any better than it was 2 months ago. Worse, not necessarily, depends on how you rank the players we've lost. For me, we're still a 9 or 10 win season team. But 2 months ago we were also a 9 or 10 win season team.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:21 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:07 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Teth-Adam@DCRezz

But again, they had the money and so far, let me repeat, SO FAR....no one can sit here and say this team is any better than it was 2 months ago. Worse, not necessarily, depends on how you rank the players we've lost. For me, we're still a 9 or 10 win season team. But 2 months ago we were also a 9 or 10 win season team.
I think this all depends on how the guys we picked up play.

Losing Mixon will all depend on how explosive Moss is, but also he's a better pass protector from what folks are saying so I'm convincing myself this is actually a +1 for the Bengals.

Losing Irv Smith and signing Mike Gesicki (spelling) is a +1 I feel like he's actually going to be a better weapon then Irv and Boyd combined.

Reader and Rankins I would give a -1 for Cinci.

so that leaves Cinci currently at a +1 and I want to see how the rest of this offseason plays out.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:05 pm

I think its safe to say we're better at Safety now.