FA's

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

FA's

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 4th, 2017, 11:57 am

FA's this year, who do you keep. Discuss!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: FA's

Postby Bengals1 » January 4th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Burkead - Gio will not be ready by September and Hill is a fumbler.

*sigh* DanicaPatrick - Pacman should be shown the door and we have no idea what we've got yet in Jackson III

Whitworth- Still a better than average Left Tackle

Zietler - A much better than average Guard

LaFell - He proved in the last half of the season he was a decent WR and we have nothing but rookies behind him for the #2 spot right now.
Bengals1

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 4th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Bengals1 wrote:Burkead - Gio will not be ready by September and Hill is a fumbler.

*sigh* DanicaPatrick - Pacman should be shown the door and we have no idea what we've got yet in Jackson III

Whitworth- Still a better than average Left Tackle

Zietler - A much better than average Guard

LaFell - He proved in the last half of the season he was a decent WR and we have nothing but rookies behind him for the #2 spot right now.

I agree that Zietler is a musts sign but I'm not if we're going to put out the cash to sign him. I'm worried about that.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby orange_black » January 4th, 2017, 2:34 pm

i really liked what i saw out of burkehead.... dude tries so hard... i love it.

I also really liked Lafell... i think he should be our #3 and play the role Sanu used to.

we need to find a legit #2, or one of the young guys has to step up.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Bengals1 » January 4th, 2017, 3:09 pm

orange_black wrote:i really liked what i saw out of burkehead.... dude tries so hard... i love it.

Dude tried hard cuz' he knows he's in a contract year and he wants to get another one. With us or with someone else...that's the question... :?
Bengals1

Postby 4256 Hits » January 4th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
orange_black wrote:i really liked what i saw out of burkehead.... dude tries so hard... i love it.

Dude tried hard cuz' he knows he's in a contract year and he wants to get another one. With us or with someone else...that's the question... :?

Also keep in mind that Balt for the most part were just going to the motions in that last game. IMO burkehead is at best a 2 rb.
4256 Hits

Postby Mag » January 4th, 2017, 9:02 pm

Zeitler made $8 mil this past season. Osemele got a 12mil average as a pro bowl FA guard. Will need to average at least 10 mil to keep Zeitler.

Dre made $7.5 mil. Janoris Jenkins averaged 12.5 mil as a top FA CB. I see us having to cut Jones, so that should save 6-7 mil. That savings plus their last year's number, should fit both players.

Whit made $8 mil He'd probably stay for about that.

We have an estimated $46 mil in cap space for next year. Say 10 mil for rookies and injuries. That's $36 mil left. Add 6 mil if you cut Jones. That's back up to 42.

42 total-
12 Dre-
12 Zeitler-
8 Whit
=10 mil to sign everyone else.
Mag

Postby 4256 Hits » January 4th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Mag wrote:Zeitler made $8 mil this past season. Osemele got a 12mil average as a pro bowl FA guard. Will need to average at least 10 mil to keep Zeitler.

Dre made $7.5 mil. Janoris Jenkins averaged 12.5 mil as a top FA CB. I see us having to cut Jones, so that should save 6-7 mil. That savings plus their last year's number, should fit both players.

We have an estimated $46 mil in cap space for next year. Say 10 mil for rookies and injuries. That's $36 mil left. Add 6 mil if you cut Jones. That's back up to 42.

42 total-
12 Dre-
12 Zeitler-
8 Whit

Could cut peko and Rey M. and open up lots more cap space.
4256 Hits

Postby Bengals1 » January 5th, 2017, 12:23 am

Mag wrote: Dre made $7.5 mil. Janoris Jenkins averaged 12.5 mil as a top FA CB. I see us having to cut Jones, so that should save 6-7 mil. That savings plus their last year's number, should fit both players.

Danica is no where near the top when it comes to CB's and his agent is going to have scant evidence to use in his favor. 9 mil would be a nice raise for Danica and he's robbing us at that! :x
Bengals1

Postby Mag » January 5th, 2017, 7:08 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Mag wrote:Zeitler made $8 mil this past season. Osemele got a 12mil average as a pro bowl FA guard. Will need to average at least 10 mil to keep Zeitler.

42 total-
12 Dre-
12 Zeitler-
8 Whit

Could cut peko and Rey M. and open up lots more cap space.

Peko is an UFA.
Mag

Next

Return to Football