Jones Arrested

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Jones Arrested

Postby Bengals1 » March 29th, 2017, 1:58 pm

SoP's statement regarding Jones earlier today....

Jones has been with the Bengals since the 2010 season and here is the full speech of what Brown had to say in pledging support for the corner going forward.

"I see Adam Jones through my own eyes. I see different facets of his personality. I see him as a person who is energetic, lively, positive for the most part, exceptionally so. I know a little bit about his family, that weighs in my mind. I think back to when he had his little daughter and she was a premie. He used to drive up from practices at Georgetown every day after practice to look through the glass and see her where they kept the premie babies in the hospital and the lights went out, one after another in that group of little babies, they disappeared. His little girl managed to survive. Now she has grown into a 5-year-old little girl. Wonderful little girl. Very pretty, very attractive, very energetic. To me, that is a story that registers. I would say this point blank: Am I looking to harm her? I’m not. It’s a bigger picture than one incident. And I get to be the one that sits in the chair to decide that. So I have chosen to decide it the way I am deciding it. I’m going to give him a chance. I hope it comes out right for him, for his family and for us. I know there are critics. I understand. But that is a full answer. And that’s what I have to say about it."

He continued further after a follow-up question about how the team has said they will let the situation play out, but he seems to have come to a decision.

"It’s playing out. The prosecutor is dropping the felony charge. In effect, he said there is not enough there to proceed on that charge. You are down now to a few misdemeanor charges. The country prosecutor Joe Deters commented on how he would handle those if he were the one handling them. In effect, he said they didn’t amount to enough to pursue. You are dealing with people’s lives here. It’s easy to sit on high and say, oh, terrible, terrible. Let’s bring down the sword. I think that’s an overreaction. I’m not condoning his actions. They were in all honestly embarrassing. He was out of control. He misbehaved. He made a fool of himself. No one knows that more than he does. I don’t know that I have been perfect in my lifetime, either. I probably did some things I wish I hadn’t. Most people would probably have to admit to that. He didn’t hurt anybody physically. He just hurt himself by how he comported himself. In some ways, that’s punishment enough right there. You have to live with that. What the municipal prosecutor does, that hasn’t been determined. What the league does, that hasn’t been determined. So when I say ‘play out’ there are more shoes to drop. We’ll see what comes of it. But I hope it ends up that he gets his life back and he has openly apologized. He knows full well what he has done to himself. He regrets it. But it’s been made into a public issue and maybe I am overly tolerant. If so, so be it."
Bengals1

Postby orange_black » March 29th, 2017, 7:05 pm

i cannot believe we are keeping him.

ugh
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby MeatHeadbengal » March 30th, 2017, 8:38 am

orange_black wrote:i cannot believe we are keeping him.

ugh

I see his reasoning and I realize that he actually does have a heart.

We hold onto guys longer then we should because soP doesn't think with his business sense 100% of the time, he thinks with his heart. Being a business man myself and having 90 some odd employee's here I understand what he's saying and I commend him for it. Sometimes it's more important to do things the right way verses the right way for business. Personally I've never really stood up for soP but I will in this case.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby orange_black » March 30th, 2017, 1:13 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
orange_black wrote:i cannot believe we are keeping him.

ugh

I see his reasoning and I realize that he actually does have a heart.

We hold onto guys longer then we should because soP doesn't think with his business sense 100% of the time, he thinks with his heart. Being a business man myself and having 90 some odd employee's here I understand what he's saying and I commend him for it. Sometimes it's more important to do things the right way verses the right way for business. Personally I've never really stood up for soP but I will in this case.

well if we're going to try and do ANYTHING the "right way".... how bout we try and do WINNING the right way :/
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Bengals1 » April 17th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Nice.... :roll:

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle
Adam Jones berates reporter during #Bengals’ first open locker room media session of year.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/17/15328652/adam-jones-berates-reporter-bengals-locker-room
Bengals1

Postby skycruiser » April 17th, 2017, 2:16 pm

there's nothing he can do at this point to get cut IMO
skycruiser

Postby Kendall » April 18th, 2017, 8:17 am

Cut. His. Sorry. Ass.
Kendall

Postby Bengals1 » May 11th, 2017, 6:53 pm

Looks like he really learned his lesson all right.... :roll:

Bengals’ Adam Jones goes off on 911 operator after fender bender
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 10, 2017

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones went off on a 911 operator after getting into a minor traffic accident on Tuesday.

The cornerback known as Pacman called 911 when he and another driver had a collision that police described as “very minor.” Neither driver was ticketed, but Jones was unhappy that the 911 dispatcher wasn’t able to help him.

Asked the address of the emergency, Jones was only able to give the operator the name of the street he was on, not the address. As the operator reiterated that she needed a specific location, Jones got upset.

“Will you stop f–king yelling at me? I just got into a wreck. I’m kind of shook up. I’m trying to find where the f–k I’m at. Good God almighty,” Jones told the operator.

When the operator asked what kind of vehicle was involved, Jones answered, “A f–kin Rolls Royce.” The operator thought he might have been sarcastic, so she asked, “Is that really the type of vehicle that’s involved?”

“Yes! It is!” Jones yelled in response.

Jones also shared an expletive-laden video on social media in which he blamed the other driver for the crash. He also said in that interview that he’s been going to anger management counseling, which is why he didn’t smack the other driver.
Bengals1

Postby stripesincarolina » May 11th, 2017, 8:44 pm

In the absence of all other history I would totally give him a pass on this one. Really not a big deal. HOWEVER, what this says to me is that Adam is a ticking time bomb and everyone knows it. Put him under pressure and the fuse is lit. Then its just a matter of time before he is verbally abusing 911 operators or better yet, a referee where he draws a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and costs us another playoff game.

Cut his ass....NOW!
stripesincarolina

Postby Deadcat » May 12th, 2017, 9:35 am

I completely agree. As an isolated situation, you can understand the frustration of someone underinsured smacking into your expensive ride. However, when applied to the trail of events, especially the most recent events, it creates a scary pattern. You have to worry about Pacman in general. How will this man survive in the real world when he no longer plays football? I can't believe the Bengals have not cut him yet, regardless of how he plays football. But aside from that, this guy needs counseling. The Bengals should have him in anger management classes as well as seeing some mental health professional. He's just not stable. It won't be long before we read about him beating up some parking attendant who looked at him wrong or a fan who asked for an autograph or took a photo at an unwelcomed time. There's always an excuse for this guy but no one can go through life treating people this way and holding in so much anger.

On the positive side, Pacman has made Joe Mixon almost a nonissue. Maybe this was a team strategy. :roll:
Deadcat

PreviousNext

Return to Football