AJ McCarron ready to be traded?

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: AJ McCarron ready to be traded?

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 4th, 2017, 9:30 am

Benzoo wrote:How about we keep AJ and trade Dalton.

No thanks!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby stripesincarolina » January 4th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:Lap was with lance and said Bengals turned down a 2 and 4 rounders last year and was wanting a 1 and 4. Not sure if they'll get that this year or not

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle
Marvin Lewis claimed "no one inquired" about AJ McCarron last offseason on the Enquirer's Beyond the Stripes show tonight.

BULLSHIT!! Cant prove it, but no way that is truthful. After AJs performance at the end of 2015 and the need for QBs last year, no effing way that is truthful. Screw Marvin.
stripesincarolina

Postby orange_black » January 5th, 2017, 2:10 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:Lap was with lance and said Bengals turned down a 2 and 4 rounders last year and was wanting a 1 and 4. Not sure if they'll get that this year or not

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle
Marvin Lewis claimed "no one inquired" about AJ McCarron last offseason on the Enquirer's Beyond the Stripes show tonight.

BULLSHIT!! Cant prove it, but no way that is truthful. After AJs performance at the end of 2015 and the need for QBs last year, no effing way that is truthful. Screw Marvin.

i agree 100%.

so much so that you can count me in the camp that is REALLY curiuos to see if we are starting the correct qb.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Joe Bananas » January 5th, 2017, 5:04 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle

I'll take Laps word over Marvin's or Mike Browns ANY DAYYYYYYYYY
Joe Bananas

Postby Deadcat » January 6th, 2017, 9:17 am

I don't there is much difference between AJ and Dalton. Dalton has experience and has proven he can win. But Dalton also forces the ball to Green. He doesn't spread the ball around and disappears during big games. AJ has only a small sample set but performed very well. He's an unknown but I'd do something crazy like trading Dalton for a couple first round picks and start AJ. What does this team have to lose? Can we get much worse than this year's record? Does it matter if we do? We need to do something different or be stuck in this sinkhole of mediocrity.
Deadcat

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 6th, 2017, 9:38 am

AJ didn't do "Very Well", he managed the games and didn't throw turnovers, that's about it. He didn't move the ball that much either so this "Very Well" is more like "he did Ok". So you'd trade a top 10 and even some seasons top 5 QB for a guy that did "OK" and managed games? Yup I see the logic there...... :roll:

I think we tend to forget HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND A STARTING QB!!!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Deadcat » January 6th, 2017, 10:36 am

Dalton is not a top 10 QB and it's laughable to suggest he's anywhere near top 5. Dalton cannot win us games. When Green went out, our offense sucked donkey balls. I throw out the Ravens game because the Ravens wisely lost to secure a better draft position. Our management, however, was stupid to win that game costing us a better position. The Texan's game we lost becasue we could only score 10 pts. The Steelers game we dominated the first half then didn't score a point in the second blowing a 20 pt lead and losing basically to a team that scored nothing but field goals. Had we held them on their last drive they would have beaten us 21 to 20 by scoring all field goals. That's embarrassing, yet not uncommon. You can take Andy out of games easily. How many 3 and outs does he have? Too many. People always say had our defense held them....blah, blah, blah. Well, when you 3 and out a dozen or more times a game, you keep your defense on the field too long. Teams don't respect Andy's arm so the crowd the line. He can't get the ball downfield. And frankly, when Green is in the game, Dalton simply chucks it up his way and Green goes and gets it. Green bails Andy out a lot. Green is the star of our offense. He makes the QB not the other way around.

I'm not saying McQB is the second coming. I'm saying he can manage games which is all we ask Andy to do. Plus AJ has an upside. We know what we have in Dalton and it isn't enough. Let's sell high and buy low. Get what we can when the gettin's good. There are at least half a dozen teams that need QBs. Our team has too many holes to not take advantage of this situation. And while having a crappy backup is scary, how many teams win with their backup anyway? Unless your NE, you pretty much put an L next to any game your backup is forced to start. We're better off going for broke and cashing in on some early draft picks then parking AJ on the bench for another year and getting nothing for him next year.

We've all said, our window is closing. Let's get some picks for either AJ or Dalton and reopen that bitch!
Deadcat

Postby Deadcat » January 6th, 2017, 10:55 am

Below are AJ McQBs 2015 stats:

Completion - 66% (very good)
QBR - 57.9 (not so good)
Passer Rating - 97.1 (good)
Record for games started 2-2 (including a playoff loss that he should have won)
TDs 6 to INTs 2
Average pass - 6

Dalton's stats for 2016
Completion - 64.7%
QBR - 56.8
Passer Rating - 91.8
TDs 18 to INTs 8
Record 6-9-1

Dalton's 2015
Completion 66.1%
QBR - 73
Passer Rating - 106.3
TDs 25 to INTs 7

I will point out that 2015 was an anomaly for Dalton. His QBR is usually in the 50s and his passer rating averages more in the 80s. He also usually averages a higher number of INTs, usually closer to 40% of his TD totals.

My point is not that Dalton is bad or that McQB is great. It's that they are similar and McCarren hasn't had an opportunity to showcase what he has. Keeping Dalton is par for the course. It's playing it safe. Running with McCarren is going for the fences. It's trying something new. If we can't have a new coach, let's have a new QB. I want change to this sorry ass team!
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » January 6th, 2017, 11:33 am

Deadcat wrote:Dalton is not a top 10 QB and it's laughable to suggest he's anywhere near top 5. Dalton cannot win us games. When Green went out, our offense sucked donkey balls. I throw out the Ravens game because the Ravens wisely lost to secure a better draft position. Our management, however, was stupid to win that game costing us a better position. The Texan's game we lost becasue we could only score 10 pts. The Steelers game we dominated the first half then didn't score a point in the second blowing a 20 pt lead and losing basically to a team that scored nothing but field goals. Had we held them on their last drive they would have beaten us 21 to 20 by scoring all field goals. That's embarrassing, yet not uncommon. You can take Andy out of games easily. How many 3 and outs does he have? Too many. People always say had our defense held them....blah, blah, blah. Well, when you 3 and out a dozen or more times a game, you keep your defense on the field too long. Teams don't respect Andy's arm so the crowd the line. He can't get the ball downfield. And frankly, when Green is in the game, Dalton simply chucks it up his way and Green goes and gets it. Green bails Andy out a lot. Green is the star of our offense. He makes the QB not the other way around.

I'm not saying McQB is the second coming. I'm saying he can manage games which is all we ask Andy to do. Plus AJ has an upside. We know what we have in Dalton and it isn't enough. Let's sell high and buy low. Get what we can when the gettin's good. There are at least half a dozen teams that need QBs. Our team has too many holes to not take advantage of this situation. And while having a crappy backup is scary, how many teams win with their backup anyway? Unless your NE, you pretty much put an L next to any game your backup is forced to start. We're better off going for broke and cashing in on some early draft picks then parking AJ on the bench for another year and getting nothing for him next year.

We've all said, our window is closing. Let's get some picks for either AJ or Dalton and reopen that bitch!

Epic rant....rack him! :lol:
Bengals1

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 6th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Deadcat wrote:Dalton is not a top 10 QB and it's laughable to suggest he's anywhere near top 5. Dalton cannot win us games. When Green went out, our offense sucked donkey balls. I throw out the Ravens game because the Ravens wisely lost to secure a better draft position. Our management, however, was stupid to win that game costing us a better position. The Texan's game we lost becasue we could only score 10 pts. The Steelers game we dominated the first half then didn't score a point in the second blowing a 20 pt lead and losing basically to a team that scored nothing but field goals. Had we held them on their last drive they would have beaten us 21 to 20 by scoring all field goals. That's embarrassing, yet not uncommon. You can take Andy out of games easily. How many 3 and outs does he have? Too many. People always say had our defense held them....blah, blah, blah. Well, when you 3 and out a dozen or more times a game, you keep your defense on the field too long. Teams don't respect Andy's arm so the crowd the line. He can't get the ball downfield. And frankly, when Green is in the game, Dalton simply chucks it up his way and Green goes and gets it. Green bails Andy out a lot. Green is the star of our offense. He makes the QB not the other way around.

Arguably you can make the case Andy has been a top 10 QB, and if given time and a running game which we had in 15 you'd see that. McCarron comes in for 4 games and everyone is riding him like he's the second coming and from what I saw of him I wasn't super impressed. I think we all forget how hard it is to find a viable starting QB, and now we have one and everyone wants to bust his chops and say how bad he is, or how he doesn't do this or that right.... Who F'n Cares... He's a viable starting QB and all of a sudden let's just run him out of town...
MeatHeadbengal

PreviousNext

Return to Football