With the 9th pick in the 2017 NFL draft...

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2017 NFL draft...

Postby Bengals1 » January 3rd, 2017, 1:28 pm

Lafell looked serviceable at the end of the season after Green went down but he's not going to scare anybody into not double-covering Green as our #2 WR.

I'd like to keep him but we're going to need to come up with a viable #2 threat or AJ's going to be facing double coverage the rest of his career here....
Bengals1

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 4th, 2017, 9:41 am

It will be interesting how the next few months play out and combine results come back in. I'll be excited to see a better picture of who's who in a mid March.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Mag » January 12th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Overthecap.com, according to the Cincinnati Enquire, estimated the Bengals should receive two fourth and two sixth round comp picks. Add in possible picks for McCarron, and the draft could get interesting.
Mag

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 13th, 2017, 8:57 am

I really liked watching T.J. Watt this season, he seemed to always be around the ball and plays the type of defense you'd like to see here. Not sure where he's going to end up but we'll see as the next few months play out.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Mag » January 13th, 2017, 11:30 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:I really liked watching T.J. Watt this season, he seemed to always be around the ball and plays the type of defense you'd like to see here. Not sure where he's going to end up but we'll see as the next few months play out.

Seems he's listed in the second round, currently. Could rise up with good workouts.
Mag

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 13th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Mag wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:I really liked watching T.J. Watt this season, he seemed to always be around the ball and plays the type of defense you'd like to see here. Not sure where he's going to end up but we'll see as the next few months play out.

Seems he's listed in the second round, currently. Could rise up with good workouts.

I think he'd be a solid 2nd round pick honestly....
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Exile » January 18th, 2017, 9:39 am

Bengals1 wrote:Lafell looked serviceable at the end of the season after Green went down but he's not going to scare anybody into not double-covering Green as our #2 WR.

I'd like to keep him but we're going to need to come up with a viable #2 threat or AJ's going to be facing double coverage the rest of his career here....

I wouldn't mind seeing us resign Lafell, I think he and Andy were starting to get on the same page better. Cody Core also seemed to be starting to emerge there by the end of the season, and could make a nice step forward between his first and second year. If we do resign Lafell, I wouldn't be in a hurry to draft a receiver with all the other places we need an upgrade.
Exile

Previous

Return to Football