Official 2024 Draft Thread, All things Draft.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Official 2024 Draft Thread, All things Draft.

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:35 pm

I just don't think we'll resign Boyd.

Tag Higgins. I mean what if a team gives you a 1 and a 3, we would have to take it right? Tee is going anywhere for less than a 1st and a second or third. Mike Brown will keep him before he gives him away. He's wayyyyy to valuable. Perfect 1 WR. Plus he's only 24 years old.

Try to resign Reader. You might get a million or 2 off discount with his injury and his love for the city and team but not much.

I'm with 4256 on Awuzie. He just wasn't good this year. Maybe, maybe offer him something but not much. If he walks he walks.

Williams. I'm ok if we do and semi ok if we don't. There are some true RT in this class that are legit and around where we'll be picking too.

We can always replace these guys in the draft. Tee is not replaceable right now but I have high hopes for Iosivas. Dude can play.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:04 pm

A Pre-Combine Look at Cincinnati Bengals' Top Options in 2024 NFL Draft
Who will the Bengals target at No. 18?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/pre ... -nfl-draft

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Jeremy Rauch
@FOX19Jeremy
·
Follow
Some #Bengals notes heading into the NFL scouting combine.

Early conversations indicate the team is prioritizing cornerback, offensive tackle, interior defensive line in the first round.

Pass catcher still an outlier.

High interest in finding a new punter in some capacity.
10:26 AM · Feb 27, 2024

This might make more sense than most think. I mean, what if we lose Awuze and seems to me that they're really not overly happy with Hill (although I am, think he's a helluva player he just needs a true position) and the safety we signed from the Rams last year, Scott, had a decent year but nothing to write home about. So with that said. So basically that's 1 potential loss and 2 not so satisfactory and that's 3 backfield total. So a Corner makes sense.

I think Tee will be a Bengal this year but not next year ...see Bates...I also think a WR child be taken if one is there at 18 that might be a top potential 12 or 15 pick if they slide. We need more edge rushers...always need more people to get to Mahomes, Jackson etc... Oline I think is a need with Jonah potentially leaving. Honestly we have alot of upgrades to fill. Not so much a solid need type player, but upgrade at a few positions. RT, CB, S, DT, Punter of course, this dude last year sucked, another RB. If we lose Mixon can Brown carry the load? Dunno....also, seriously, we need to upgrade QB imo. Burrow has had what? 1 healthy year outta 4?? Go get a solid back up. I would love to have J Brisset. I have loved the guy a long time. 6'5 245 and solid skills and arm. I like Browning but not sure if Burrow goes down in game 1 or 2 that he can last a full season himself.

Just my thoughts for now.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:31 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm
This might make more sense than most think. I mean, what if we lose Awuze and seems to me that they're really not overly happy with Hill (although I am, think he's a helluva player he just needs a true position) and the safety we signed from the Rams last year, Scott, had a decent year but nothing to write home about. So with that said. So basically that's 1 potential loss and 2 not so satisfactory and that's 3 backfield total. So a Corner makes sense.
If you listened to some of the Duke Tobin interview today they are happy with Hill they just aren't really sure where he fits in yet. We would have been better off paying Bates and allowing Hill the flexibility to play and find a spot where he can shine. Scott on the other hand the was a terrible add and I can't count the missed tackles and blown coverages he had over the year. I can't wait to see him gone!

I 100% agree with you RT, DL or CB makes a lot of sense in the first round. Trading Tee for another top 50 pick sounds pretty good too. However this team has done pretty well in FA finding plug and play CB's maybe we can find another Awuze there so we don't necessarily have to go that route too early.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:48 pm

I would still prefer to see them sign a FA RT. We simply don't draft O-linemen well in the early rounds nor do I relish the idea of a rookie RT blocking for Joe Glass.

Sign a RT and TE.
Use the first two rounds to grab a DT and CB.
Use rounds 3-7 to add depth at RB, LB and OL.
Take a punter somewhere around rounds 5-7.

I would prefer to see them sign Higgins to a long term contract rather than trade him. We'll see...

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:45 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:48 pm
...I would prefer to see them sign Higgins to a long term contract rather than trade him. We'll see...
+1

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:50 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:48 pm
I would still prefer to see them sign a FA RT. We simply don't draft O-linemen well in the early rounds nor do I relish the idea of a rookie RT blocking for Joe Glass.

Sign a RT and TE.
Use the first two rounds to grab a DT and CB.
Use rounds 3-7 to add depth at RB, LB and OL.
Take a punter somewhere around rounds 5-7.

I would prefer to see them sign Higgins to a long term contract rather than trade him. We'll see...
I'm not sure anyone here would argue with that.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:33 pm

Agree B. We don't draft olinemen well, at all.

Sign your needs via free agency and draft BPA.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:39 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
The #Bengals have been awarded two sixth-round compensatory picks. They are No. 208 and 214 overall.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:28 pm

Did the Cincinnati Bengals Get Shorted on a Comp Pick Error by the NFL?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/did- ... nfl-2024/