Do you want to see Marvin Lewis stay or go...?

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Do you want to see Marvin Lewis replaced?

Yes, it's time for new leadership.
79%
No, i'm afraid we'll regress.
21%

Total votes : 14

Do you want to see Marvin Lewis stay or go...?

Postby Bengals1 » December 9th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Since Stomps' no longer here I thought I'd start my own crappy poll.

So, what say you...
Bengals1

Re: Do you want to see Marvin Lewis stay or go...?

Postby stripesincarolina » December 9th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Adios Marvin. I know a guy who happens to know Marvin...like really well...and rumor has it Marvin knows his time is up and is talking to SoP about options. Time will tell but I am ready for a change.
stripesincarolina

Postby Benzoo » December 12th, 2016, 5:32 am

I'm just going to point out that Marvin is under contract through 2017. So most likely we're not going to see changes for another year since SoP rarely relieves anyone still under contract.
Benzoo

Postby skycruiser » December 12th, 2016, 6:29 am

I definitely want him to go but it ain't gonna happen. We have 1 more year and then Gunther will take over
skycruiser

Postby Aceking » December 12th, 2016, 9:48 am

I wouldn't be sad if he were to go, but I'm willing to give him the last year of his contract to turn it around. That said, Nugent must go. He cost us 2 wins by my count, which would make a huge difference on our outlook right now.
Aceking
Site Admin

Postby orange_black » December 12th, 2016, 2:28 pm

i'm ready for someone new as well. I get a bad sinking gut feeling that we are wasting away the primes of Dalton, Green, Bernard.....

and yes, Nuge must go too.

I would really enjoy seeing marving moved into a management role.... at the very least director of player personnel.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby MeatHeadbengal » December 12th, 2016, 5:20 pm

I'm a huge Marvin supporter and I agree with most that if he were to leave I wouldn't be super sorry to see it but I would be sorry.

When he does leave though, I do hope the fans treat him with the respect he deserves. He's turned this Franchise into something that players enjoy coming to, and coaches enjoy coming to as well. I honestly think we'd be better served to keep him, and only saying that because I just don't see any other coaches out there I think are better that are looking for a job. I certainly don't want to see Jeff Fisher in there.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Deadcat » December 13th, 2016, 1:40 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:I'm a huge Marvin supporter and I agree with most that if he were to leave I wouldn't be super sorry to see it but I would be sorry.

When he does leave though, I do hope the fans treat him with the respect he deserves. He's turned this Franchise into something that players enjoy coming to, and coaches enjoy coming to as well. I honestly think we'd be better served to keep him, and only saying that because I just don't see any other coaches out there I think are better that are looking for a job. I certainly don't want to see Jeff Fisher in there.

+1

I'm very thankful for what Marvin has done. I, however, like everyone, don't see things changing with him here. And I want change.
Deadcat

Postby Mag » December 18th, 2016, 8:00 pm

If he goes, who do you want to replace him? Who do you think likely will replace him?

Seems the teams having the most success recently are with recycled coaches. Mostly coaches that had moderate to good success on a previous team then having another shot. Kubiak, del Rio, Carroll, etc. are examples.
Mag

Postby skycruiser » December 18th, 2016, 11:56 pm

Mag wrote:If he goes, who do you want to replace him? Who do you think likely will replace him.

A ham sandwich. Pele. Brian price. Meathead. Anyone but Marvin! I just can't do another season of this
skycruiser

Next

Return to Football