John Ross on the trade block

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

John Ross on the trade block

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Can't say I am surprised. Really, really low risk here and it gives Zac and the new offensive coaches the opportunity to pick "their" guy in the upcoming draft. That said, he's a 1st rounder that won't bring a 4th or 5th rounder as compensation. And with AB hanging around out there, who would you rather spend bucks on??

Good luck making this somehow look good.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... john-ross/
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

TheBurn

Re: John Ross on the trade block

Post by TheBurn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:42 pm

yikes... dunno how i feel bout this one.
he hasn't done much but IMO he was not used properly :|

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:54 pm

It's interesting and out of character for the team coming up to the draft. I'm mildly optimistic.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm

i'm just thinkin it'll be horribly bad return on investment at this point...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:13 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm
i'm just thinkin it'll be horribly bad return on investment at this point...
Anything we get back is better then nothing. He wasn't what we need here and we just need to move on. I'm not buying the wasn't used properly cause he couldn't stay on the field.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:52 pm

I'm good with it. Somebody will look at his talent and consider that a change of scenery might do him good. We probably won't get back what his "potential" deserves in a trade, but if you can get any piece back that will help your team for a player that you don't think will help your team it's a win.

For what it's worth, and it's really worth nothing at all, OurLads has the potential depth chart for 2019 and has Green, Boyd, Erickson, and Malone in front of him on the depth chart right in line with Cody Core.

Right now he is a wasted draft pick. If we can get ANYTHING positive out of a trade, we can turn that around a little bit.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 am

Maybe could get a starting lb out of him. This team doesnt need anymore mid to late round picks. If need to add a pick with him to get it done go ahead and add pick.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:21 pm

well, well...
Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin labeled the John Ross trade rumors as "fake news"

Multiple media members reported Tuesday that the Bengals were shopping the former No. 9 overall pick. A split would seem to make sense for both sides, but perhaps Ross will get a fresh start under new coach Zac Taylor. Also, the Bengals would be selling Ross at an extreme low point. They'd be better off seeing what Ross can do in the new scheme, as long as he can stay healthy, which has been one of Ross' biggest issues dating back to his college days.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter
Feb 27, 2019, 12:08 PM
Fletcher Page @FletcherPage

Zac Taylor says John Ross has a “very exciting future” with the #Bengals. “I can’t wait to get to work with him.”

12:37 PM - Feb 27, 2019

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Call me a skeptic, I'd still trade him.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Aceking
Site Admin

Post by Aceking » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:30 pm

I've seen enough issues around him either not putting forth full effort, or doing something stupid, that I was ready to cut him in camp last year. He has a chance for a new coaching staff to try to straighten him out I guess, but I wouldn't shed a tear if we dumped him. It's sunk costs at this point.

As for what we'd get, I'd guess no better than a 6th round pick (possibly conditional) similar to what we traded for Reggie Nelson.