Monday night Jags Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
orange_black

Re: Monday night Jags Thread

Post by orange_black » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 am

One week at a time. Teams will have more tape of Browning. Still need the rest of the team to step up... Especially the defense.

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:10 am

Seriously I really enjoyed that game, happy we gave it everything, feels like a while since we did.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:33 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:19 pm
We ain't dead yet fellas. Everything went our way today. I mean every single game we needed. We could be one game back of CLE and PIT after tomorrow night with a chance to bump them both from contention. Assuming we have to win out that would also give us AFC wins against JAX, KC too. The Broncos may also be slipping back. Titans too.

I know it feels like it, but if the boys just find a little swagger and confidence......WE....ARE.....NOT.....DEAD! (yet)
Kudos again stripes on this posts.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:46 am

I'm going to give props to some folks we don't give enough props too around here. I'm giving props to this coaching staff, it could have been real easy for this team to just lose hope and tank the rest of this season. This staff put together a very good game plan and really got everyone ready for that game last night. There's a lot of folks here that really want Zac fired and I really don't agree with that one bit. He's really brought something to this city along with Burrow. Giving away playoff game balls to local bars, doing all the out reach he does in the community and like it or not the players really like him.

That was a fun game to watch last night, I still don't like the outlook for the rest of the season but last night was fun.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:46 am
That was a fun game to watch last night, I still don't like the outlook for the rest of the season but last night was fun.
I dont get this at all....

Indianapolis
Vikings
Stoolers
Chiefs
Browns

..... lotta winnable games coming up if Browning can play the way he did last night.

as stripes said, we are not done yet.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:22 am

yep... IF last night was not an aberration, I can see us going 4-1 with only a loss to KC.
Indy, Minny, Pitt, and Stains? All beatable for sure. That's 10-7 and in the thick of things.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:05 pm

list of QBs with at least...

300 yards
30 attempts
10.0 YPA
80% completions

in a game this year:

Jake Browning

<end of list>

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:26 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:05 pm
list of QBs with at least...

300 yards
30 attempts
10.0 YPA
80% completions

in a game this year:

Jake Browning

<end of list>
🔥🙌

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:42 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

Indianapolis
Vikings
Stoolers
Chiefs
Browns

..... lotta winnable games coming up if Browning can play the way he did last night.

And I might add that all of the games are played at favorable sites. Indy / Vikings are back to back home games. If we win both of those I have no doubt whatsoever we will go on the road and beat Pitt the next week. Then we have the Chiefs in primetime at KC but we don't fear them, and Taylor Swift will have them jinxed into oblivion by then anyway. That leaves Cleveland at home for all the marbles. It won't be easy, but it is VERY doable.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:28 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

Indianapolis
Vikings
Stoolers
Chiefs
Browns

I'm sorry I just don't agree. Colt's are playing very well right now, Vikings might be a win, the Stoolers and Browns have very very good defenses and I don't think Browning is going to be able to duplicate what we saw last night. The Chief's are an almost guaranteed loss, so realistically I see maybe 2 to 3 wins left and that's just not going to get it.