Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:58 pm

Let me go on record right now by saying SoP will vote NO on the new CBA being readied.

Bet me....? 8-)

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:30 am

You gotta love this kids sense of humor

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/joe-burr ... easurement

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 am

🔥🙌
Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe
Joe Burrow asked about being non-committal at previous press conferences about playing for #Bengals: I didn't want to be presumptuous about the pick. They might fall in love with someone else. That's the only reason.
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Joe Burrow on the speculation that he did not want to play in Cincinnati: “You guys (in the media) kind of took that narrative and ran with it. There has never been anything like that from my end.”
Doug Farrar @NFL_DougFarrar
Burrow: If it works out with the Bengals, I'll be excited. Let's just say that.
Ben Baby @Ben_Baby
Joe Burrow said the leverage comment was about the combine and he's not looking to force a move. Said he's not going to throw at the combine.
Marisa Contipelli @BengalsMarisa
Joe Burrow on the potential of playing with A.J. Green: “With any rookie quarterback the more help you can get the better... if I’m lucky enough to be drafted first overall I’d like to have him on the roster.”

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:42 pm

No surprise here I just hope they use that 9.5 mil on a different OL or a LB.
Once upon a time, the Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn to be their left tackle. Then they drafted another one in the first round. Now they apparently don’t need Glenn anymore.

Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website casually mentions in an article about their offensive line that “it’s believed the Bengals are going to move on” from Glenn.

There’s no real elaboration, but it’s also no real surprise.

They were moving the 30-year-old inside to left guard last year after picking Alabama tackle Jonah Williams in the first round. But when Williams suffered an offseason shoulder injury and needed surgery, they’d have gone back to Glenn.

But a preseason concussion and some disagreements with the coaching staff (which led to a one-game suspension) kept him off the field until the final six games of the year.

The Bengals can clear $9.5 million in cap space by cutting him (without carrying dead money), since he’s in the final year of the big deal he signed with the Bills in 2016.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 pm

Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website casually mentions in an article about their offensive line that “it’s believed the Bengals are going to move on” from Glenn
Another move that backfired horribly on the Bungles. They traded for Glenn and fell back ten spots where they tapped Price to play Center.

Price couldn't handle the position as a Pro and has been moved to Guard where he's barely adequate. And now Glenn, our "Left Tackle for the next ten years" is going to be let go.

Is it any wonder this team has such a hard time rebuilding and our scouting dept is the laughing stock of the league....? :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 am

So Hobson has is taken some edge rusher from alabama whos missed 2 seasons with injuries and only played 20 some games at 33

Why do the Bengals constantly fugging draft people who's been injured? Is there NOT a healthy body at 33 we can take???? I swear I don't know anymore. He's been needing to go for years now. I despise that site since he's been onnit.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 am
So Hobson has is taken some edge rusher from alabama whos missed 2 seasons with injuries and only played 20 some games at 33

Why do the Bengals constantly fugging draft people who's been injured? Is there NOT a healthy body at 33 we can take???? I swear I don't know anymore. He's been needing to go for years now. I despise that site since he's been onnit.
Well we haven't drafted him yet so still to early to tell. Also they Drafted an injured Carlos Dunlap in the second round and he's been a key piece in the franchise for many years.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 am

Doesnt matter. Pick someone else for Pete's sake. Dunlap didnt sit out for 2 seasons at florida either. Having an injury or being a 2 seasons injury os different
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 am
Doesnt matter. Pick someone else for Pete's sake. Dunlap didnt sit out for 2 seasons at florida either. Having an injury or being a 2 seasons injury os different
It's just a mock draft, arguably our best player of all time Munoz had many injuries in college. But again it's only a mock draft!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:44 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 am
It's just a mock draft, arguably our best player of all time Munoz had many injuries in college. But again it's only a mock draft!
It's a mock draft based on the drafting tendencies of this team over the past few years from someone considered close enough to the team to know what he's talking about.

These kind of "great bargin" picks drive me nuts too. Let's hope once again Hobnob is just guessing.... :?