What the Hell is wrong with the NFL!?!

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

What the Hell is wrong with the NFL!?!

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:35 pm

The ticky-tak calls at the end of today's Colts v Clowns game were absolutely horrible. The refs literally gave the game to the Clowns.

Last week's no call against the Bills on the last play of the game cost the Giants the game. The hold on the New York player was so obvious Stevie Wonder could have called it.

Last week there was another obvious no call the Chiefs got on an obvious holding against KC.

You can toss in the horrible holding calls that occurred at the end of the last two Super Bowls that cost the Bengals and Eagles the game.

I'm not a conspiracy buff, Oswald acted alone and Roswell was a weather balloon modified to spy on the Russians, nothing more.

But it's becoming harder to ignore all these egregious calls that are not only changing the outcomes of games but the entire direction of the season.

It sounds silly to claim the season is scripted but it sure looks like the games themselves are rigged.

orange_black

Re: What the Hell is wrong with the NFL!?!

Post by orange_black » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:40 pm

I’ve been screaming this for about 10 years now

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:14 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:35 pm
It sounds silly to claim the season is scripted but it sure looks like the games themselves are rigged.
I understand where you can come to this conclusion but a call at the end of the game is just that. I just feel there's too many pieces to script something like that.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:03 pm

Seeing so many odd/bad calls listed here and some of the stuff that happens in college games I certainly wonder if the refs have money on the games or people are paying the refs that bet on the games.

I don't believe the NFL is scripting for teams to win as there is too much to lose if get caught but can see refs taking the risk.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:59 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:14 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:35 pm
I understand where you can come to this conclusion but a call at the end of the game is just that. I just feel there's too many pieces to script something like that.
In the NBA it's just accepted that the stars get the calls. LeBron, Kobi, Curry, Magic, Bird, Jordan, etc... when they go up to make a shot if it doesn't go in there must be something wrong. So the refs blow their whistle.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something like that mentality occurring in the NFL. Mahomes doesn't miss a pass that bad....must be holding. Kupp doesn't drop a pass like that....must be Pass Interference, etc...

Once the refs have a subconscious bias towards certain teams and players you get these kinds of egregious calls.

Although to be fair, it's hard to believe anybody has a bias, conscious or subconscious, for Cleveland. :twisted:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:20 am

Bro they were literally going to decide a playoff game by a coin flip

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:07 pm

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:16 pm

I think to remedy this ref situation there needs to be fines and or penalties for these folks for making bad calls. They need to be effected financially and an open review process so we all can see.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:55 pm

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The NFL communicates with teams on a weekly basis about various calls. Team officials are prohibited from commenting publicly on those discussions. Now, a team owner has publicly said the league admitted to officiating mistakes. Stay tuned...