Stomplord Memorial Poll: Should we sit Burrow or not?

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!

Should we sit Burrow or not?

No, he's still our best chance to win.
56%
Yes, his immobility is hurting the team and he needs rest to heal.
44%

Total votes: 9

Bengals1

Stomplord Memorial Poll: Should we sit Burrow or not?

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:10 pm

It's the current hot topic everywhere in Bengaldom. Sit him or play him? What say you...?

skycruiser

Re: Stomplord Memorial Poll: Should we sit Burrow or not?

Post by skycruiser » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 pm

Protect the asset

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:58 pm

I apologize to all the old timers on the board.

It should read Stomplord Memorial "Crappy" Poll. :oops:

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:01 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 pm
Protect the asset
i get this. im just not ready to throw the towel in for the season.

oline needs to protect him better... and they need to force feed mixon and the run game.

Defense needs to play better as well.

also, #firezactaylor

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:45 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:01 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Protect the asset
Here's where I disagree with you and Meat on this. It's not throwing in the towel or giving up on the season to play a backup QB.

Burrow clearly needs time to heal properly. The only treatment for a calf sprain is rest. He's not getting rest if we're Hell-bent on running him out there every week.....period.

And while Burrow may be a better passer than either of our back-ups he's virtually immobile back there. Every DC in the league can see all you have to do is blitz him on every pass play. He can't move and he'll either throw it away or take the sack.

And that's not good for his overall health. Dehner Jr was tweeting about how the Titans defensive players weren't just sacking Burrow last Sunday, they were hurling him to the ground.

All Zac is doing is getting him killed......slowly. We're not winning games with him, we might as well see what a new QB can do. One that can actually move and avoid sacks and even run for a first down here and there when necessary.

You can always put Burrow back in if our back-ups are really that awful. I just don't think they are...

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:40 pm

i will say.. if it was McCarron i would say yes.... but browning? no thanks.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:20 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:40 pm
i will say.. if it was McCarron i would say yes.... but browning? no thanks.
Well, you have to figure they went out and got him for a reason.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:36 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:45 pm
orange_black wrote:
skycruiser wrote:
Protect the asset
Here's where I disagree with you and Meat on this. It's not throwing in the towel or giving up on the season to play a backup QB.

Burrow clearly needs time to heal properly. The only treatment for a calf sprain is rest. He's not getting rest if we're Hell-bent on running him out there every week.....period.

And while Burrow may be a better passer than either of our back-ups he's virtually immobile back there. Every DC in the league can see all you have to do is blitz him on every pass play. He can't move and he'll either throw it away or take the sack.

And that's not good for his overall health. Dehner Jr was tweeting about how the Titans defensive players weren't just sacking Burrow last Sunday, they were hurling him to the ground.

All Zac is doing is getting him killed......slowly. We're not winning games with him, we might as well see what a new QB can do. One that can actually move and avoid sacks and even run for a first down here and there when necessary.

You can always put Burrow back in if our back-ups are really that awful. I just don't think they are...
I see your point B1 however even if you rest Burrow X number of weeks, you aren't guaranteeing he'll be healthy after. However you are guaranteeing that our season is pretty much over because even if he does come back healthy we'd be in a huge hole. Addition to that we all know it does take him a few weeks to get back into QB1 mode. Not to mention our schedule down the stretch there would be no room for mistakes period.

You all know I'm a pretty positive guy and I'm a glass half full type of person but I have no doubt in my mind running a QB2 or even QB3 out there the message being sent to the locker room and fans is not a positive one. Browning is a wet noodle arm and AJ while he might have had good stats in the XFL it's still the XFL. These two guys aren't going to get us any wins.

I feel even with a 60% Burrow we have a better change to win then without. If he's not having any setbacks he'll be right here in a couple weeks and he won't have to knock any dust off himself to get going again.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:55 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:36 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:45 pm
orange_black wrote:

I see your point B1 however even if you rest Burrow X number of weeks, you aren't guaranteeing he'll be healthy after. However you are guaranteeing that our season is pretty much over because even if he does come back healthy we'd be in a huge hole. Addition to that we all know it does take him a few weeks to get back into QB1 mode. Not to mention our schedule down the stretch there would be no room for mistakes period.

You all know I'm a pretty positive guy and I'm a glass half full type of person but I have no doubt in my mind running a QB2 or even QB3 out there the message being sent to the locker room and fans is not a positive one. Browning is a wet noodle arm and AJ while he might have had good stats in the XFL it's still the XFL. These two guys aren't going to get us any wins.

I feel even with a 60% Burrow we have a better change to win then without. If he's not having any setbacks he'll be right here in a couple weeks and he won't have to knock any dust off himself to get going again.
*Kurt Warner has entered the chat..........
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:56 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:55 pm

*Kurt Warner has entered the chat..........
I'm sorry I might be out of touch but I don't get this.