Week 2 Ratbirds vrs Bengals Official Predition thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Week 2 Ratbirds vrs Bengals Official Predition thread

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:37 pm

Ok, so last week was bad, really bad, but will we be better this Sunday? What say you?

Bengals1

Re: Week 2 Ratbirds vrs Bengals Official Predition thread

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:12 pm

Last year it took them four full games before they got their act together. I like the fact this is a home game but I'm not convinced they can bounce back this quickly.

It's not Burrow I'm concerned with, it's the O-line. So much money and effort spent with so little improvement...

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:35 pm

There is much speculation online that Burrow hit his hand (thumb) on a helmet on the first or second play of the game and was seen constantly rubbing and shaking it throughtout the game. Nobody formally mentioned it so you would have to assume he is healthy. But man did he look awful.

I'm not a believer that you can go from a horrible prep team performance to a winner in the NFL in one week. The Rats will be pulling out all the stops to win this game and put us in a deep hole in the division. I see INTs ahead as Burrow starts forcing the ball to score points.

Ratbirds - 27 (pick 6 in there)
Cats - 17
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:41 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:35 pm
There is much speculation online that Burrow hit his hand (thumb) on a helmet on the first or second play of the game and was seen constantly rubbing and shaking it throughtout the game. Nobody formally mentioned it so you would have to assume he is healthy. But man did he look awful.
I'm not quite believing this narrative, in todays TV age. There's too much coverage and too many TV angles, someone would have seen it and said it during the broadcast. I could be wrong was there a mention of this during the broadcast?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:42 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:41 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:35 pm
I'm not quite believing this narrative, in todays TV age. There's too much coverage and too many TV angles, someone would have seen it and said it during the broadcast. I could be wrong was there a mention of this during the broadcast?
Not during the game. But I have seen several Tik Toks and YT videos where people are showing him rubbing his hand, messing with his glove, etc. And I if I remember correctly they are implying he hit OBJs helmet.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:46 pm

I just ran a search "Joe Burrow" on both Google and Twitter.

Nada about any injury, thumb or otherwise. Nothing, zilch, bumpkiss.

I'm calling it wishful thinking by haters...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:47 pm

Ravens injuries RB Dobbins (Achilles, out for yr) TE Andrews (Quad, chance for Sun.) C Linderbaum (ankle, Wk-to-Wk; likely not Sun) LT Stanley (knee, Wk-to-Wk; likely not Sun) OLB Bowser (knee, IR until Wk 5) CB Humphrey (foot, chance for Sun) S Williams (torn pec, out awhile)

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:10 pm

Big time bounce back from Joe and Chase

Bengals 28
Rats 21

You heard it here first

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:23 am

Cats 30, Rats 20

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:33 pm

You guys really think we are going from 81 yards passing and 3 points to 4 TDs this week? You must have very high hopes that Burrow got the magic haircut. God knows the media is swooning all about it. :roll:
Seeking Superbowls