Preseason Wk 2 Game Thread - Bengals at Falcons

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Preseason Wk 2 Game Thread - Bengals at Falcons

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:55 pm

Not liking where this season is headed at all right now. We had the opportunity to hit homeruns with both Skyline and LaRosas in the fold as the official sponsors for the Bengals this year. And now we have Donatos Pizza taking over as the official pizza sponsor. They SUCK!!! I really feel like this could cost us dearly later in the season when quality game foods really matter.

On to Atlanta with a heavy heart and an empty stomach. (glad I picked up a boat load of LaRosas sauce in Cincy a couple of weeks ago!) :lol:

Hope we see some offensive starters tonight.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Re: Preseason Wk 2 Game Thread - Bengals at Falcons

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:01 pm

Simian 😉 is starting tonight with Browning playing the second half. I just want to see some life out of either of our back up QBs.

It would also be nice to see our front seven actually force a few 3-outs. My understanding is the starting D is playing at least the first series tonight.

I've just about given up on Cartman ever being a starting caliber offensive linemen but it would help his cause if he could at least put together a consistent effort. :roll:

I'm not holding my breath...

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:12 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:55 pm
Not liking where this season is headed at all right now. We had the opportunity to hit homeruns with both Skyline and LaRosas in the fold as the official sponsors for the Bengals this year. And now we have Donatos Pizza taking over as the official pizza sponsor. They SUCK!!! I really feel like this could cost us dearly later in the season when quality game foods really matter.

On to Atlanta with a heavy heart and an empty stomach. (glad I picked up a boat load of LaRosas sauce in Cincy a couple of weeks ago!) :lol:

Hope we see some offensive starters tonight.
Spot on who wants their crust so flat the is appears it was run over by a steamroller.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:36 pm

Man this preseason is so underwhelming. Some good defensive bright spots, but hearing that our offensive starters won't play until week 1 doesnt give me the warm fuzzies. Thats an AFCN game that could have significant meaning come week 14,15,16.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:11 am

The NFL Network replayed the game at 7:30 local time so I watched it without knowing anything that happened.

Pros: The kicking game looks solid. McPherson continues to be automatic and Robbins looks as good as advertised.
His kicks have great distance and hang time. Josephus looks great, he's like the second coming of Houshmandzadeh. Our other rookie wide-out Charlie Jones looked pretty solid too.

Cons: The backup QB position is still an open wound. Siemian looked decent in his first drive bringing the team down the field. He was very hit & miss after that. Browning played the 2nd half and had a few good tosses and timely runs but there was no consistency with either signal caller behind center. The starting defense looked a little rusty as you'd expect but they did keep the Falcons starters out of the end zone with a timely interception. The rest of the night was pretty boring with neither team playing particularly well.

Overall, the Bengals continue to lack efficiency and consistency. A lot of that can be attributed to Zac's decision not to play most of our starters, especially on offense.

We can only hope when Burrow finally gets behind center he lifts the whole team. If he misses significant time we're in trouble. At least until they solve the backup QB question.