Roster

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Re: Roster

Postby Bengals1 » September 4th, 2016, 1:23 pm

I've been sitting here wondering what they've been waiting on to add another DE...? If any of the group of Dunlap, MJ, Hunt or Clarke get dinged, we're screwed. Counting on the likes of Hunt and Clarke as the ONLY backups doesn't make me comfortable in the least.... :?
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » September 4th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Cincy Jungle ‏@CincyJungle
William Jackson III, Cedric Peerman placed on I.R.; Trey Hopkins, Chykie Brown re-signed by #Bengals

Current roster as of Sunday afternoon....

Bengals1

Postby Ryno » September 6th, 2016, 1:17 pm

Still one spot on the PS, Dawson not claimed by anyone, does he get the nod to the PS?
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Postby Deadcat » September 6th, 2016, 1:34 pm

That's the talk. He's shown talent but attitude was the problem. I guess the question is how lazy was this guy and did he burn all of his bridges?
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » September 6th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Deadcat wrote:That's the talk. He's shown talent but attitude was the problem. I guess the question is how lazy was this guy and did he burn all of his bridges?

Dehner says the team never took his name off his locker if that tells you anything.....
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » September 6th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Katherine Terrell@terrell_katherine
Former Bengals linebacker P.J Dawson tried out for the Buccaneers, per source. Dawson was the Bengals 2015 third round pick who was surprisingly waived over the weekend. Bengals practice squad spot still remains open.
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » September 7th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Cincinnati Bengals@Bengals
NEWS: #Bengals re- sign LB P.J. Dawson to practice squad
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » September 7th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Bengals1 wrote:Cincinnati Bengals@Bengals
NEWS: #Bengals re- sign LB P.J. Dawson to practice squad

Looks like other teams didn't value him and his piss poor work effort any more than we did. Hopefully gets his head out of his ass and realizes the talent he has. Hopefully his agent knocked some sense into him. This has to be a humbling experience.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » September 7th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Yep, it'd be a huge waste but not an unexpected one. Marvin, the LB whisperer, is well known to take on project LBs even when numerous warning signs are present (Odell Thurman, Khalid Abdullah, Nate “I hurt my wittle knee” Webster, Caleb Miller, Landon Johnson, Ahmad Brooks, AJ Nicholson, and Vontaze) and maybe 1 in 6 works out……maybe.

So, toss out a round 3 pick and roll the dice, maybe the Whisperer can strike Burfict gold again!
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » September 7th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Well, Dawson had talent and was considered by some to be worthy of a second round pick. Burfict was considered by several to be a first round pick. The reason we've gotten value for them is because of their issues. Considering many 3rd or later picks never make it. The risk was worth the reward and I don't fault Lewis for trying. Unfortunately with linebackers, Lewis has missed more than he has hit.
Deadcat

PreviousNext

Return to Football