Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

Re: Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Post by Jmble » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:34 pm

People have been throwing Quentin Nelson around for the bengals for the last week on Twitter. I think it’s just wishful thinking. I sure as Hell wouldn’t be looking for any deals that include Higgins and multiple firsts. Especially for a guy who is an unrestricted free agent in 2023.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:51 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 pm
Agree yeah, I'm not OK with keeping Prince at Tackle. What fooo is?? Keep Jonah, Spain and replace the rest of we can for Pete's sake.
This is why it would be nice to resign Reiff. It settles our tackles, both Left and Right at least for the foreseeable future. We need to concentrate on the interior of the line.....period. :x
Oh great we should just be happy for the foreseeable future with two slightly below to average starting tackles. :roll: Sure slightly below to average is an improvement over last year but I would like to see the goal be much higher than that.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:27 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:00 pm
Exile wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:36 pm
Take this with a grain of salt, but a buddy who’s a Colts fan texted me about a rumored 3-team deal that would send Quinten Nelson to us. Zero real details and I don’t know if it’s credible. I’m hearing multiple firsts? Maybe one of our receivers, Boyd or Higgins? How much is too much?
He played at Notre Dame, If this were real Scooper would have told us by now.... :roll:
Q is one of my favorite football players at any position of all time. A guard. That's how awesome the guy is to watch. I honestly think he's one of the most dominant interior linemen of all time. But the rumored two firsts plus Tee is just too much for an interior lineman who happens to have a string of bumps and bruises.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:40 pm

Scooper wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:27 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:00 pm
Exile wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:36 pm
Take this with a grain of salt, but a buddy who’s a Colts fan texted me about a rumored 3-team deal that would send Quinten Nelson to us. Zero real details and I don’t know if it’s credible. I’m hearing multiple firsts? Maybe one of our receivers, Boyd or Higgins? How much is too much?
He played at Notre Dame, If this were real Scooper would have told us by now.... :roll:
Q is one of my favorite football players at any position of all time. A guard. That's how awesome the guy is to watch. I honestly think he's one of the most dominant interior linemen of all time. But the rumored two firsts plus Tee is just too much for an interior lineman who happens to have a string of bumps and bruises.
There is no rumor on this trade, it was a social media post by some guy with 100 followers and nothing to back it up. We aren't going to trade 2 1st's and Higgins for a Guard.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:08 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:51 pm
Oh great we should just be happy for the foreseeable future with two slightly below to average starting tackles. :roll: Sure slightly below to average is an improvement over last year but I would like to see the goal be much higher than that.
Its unrealistic Hits to think they're going to change out all 5 positions along the O-line. Our Tackles may not be A+ caliber I'll grant you that. (This assumes we actually do resign Reiff)
But they're not the biggest issue.

Spending cap space, time and energy pursuing Tackles is simply unproductive. Resign Reiff and you can realistically pursue better Guards and/or Center.

They need to concentrate on fixing the biggest weak spots first. It's as simply as that.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:22 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:08 pm
4256 Hits wrote:
Its unrealistic Hits to think they're going to change out all 5 positions along the O-line. Our Tackles may not be A+ caliber I'll grant you that. (This assumes we actually do resign Reiff)
But they're not the biggest issue.

Spending cap space, time and energy pursuing Tackles is simply unproductive. Resign Reiff and you can realistically pursue better Guards and/or Center.

They need to concentrate on fixing the biggest weak spots first. It's as simply as that.
Yeah what he said 👆🏼

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:08 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 pm
Agree yeah, I'm not OK with keeping Prince at Tackle. What fooo is?? Keep Jonah, Spain and replace the rest of we can for Pete's sake.
This is why it would be nice to resign Reiff. It settles our tackles, both Left and Right at least for the foreseeable future. We need to concentrate on the interior of the line.....period. :x
Realistically we're going to see 1 to 2 new starters on our O-line when we probably need 3 to 4.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:41 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:08 am
Realistically we're going to see 1 to 2 new starters on our O-line when we probably need 3 to 4.
I think that's a reasonable assumption. (Wait.....is this really Meat...!?! :shock: )

You can't fix everything in one off season. Some of that cap space is going to sign our own free agents and rookies. They'll probably look to sign another CB and possibly an edge rusher.

So yeah, if you're hoping for two new Guards, a new Center and a new RT you're just not being realistic. 8-)

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:55 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:41 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
I think that's a reasonable assumption. (Wait.....is this really Meat...!?! :shock: )

You can't fix everything in one off season. Some of that cap space is going to sign our own free agents and rookies. They'll probably look to sign another CB and possibly an edge rusher.

So yeah, if you're hoping for two new Guards, a new Center and a new RT you're just not being realistic. 8-)
We also have guys like Carman and Adeniji under contract and they just aren't going to be going away. They will be giving these guys every chance to compete to win a job. I see us going after a RT, whether that's Reiff or someone else I see us trying to lock up someone long term. I also see us looking to replace or do better a G. I don't see us going after a center unless it's a draft pick.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:59 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:41 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

A year ago it was unrealistic to think the Bengals would make it to the super bowl. So we are now living in a fantasy world so I can have all the unrealistic thoughts I want to have.

Plus if they don't fix the OL all those other positions will not matter when Burrow is on the operating table having another knee surgery.