Bengals v Raiders Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Bengals v Raiders Game Thread.

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:21 pm

All the Chase and Higgins stuff lately and the playoff win it was Uzomah and Boyd who scored....sweet.

BTW: not bashing chase or Higgins. Just found it interesting
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Watch Zac's postgame presser on Youtube. Worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNSLb6b0bNA
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:28 pm

What whistle?
WHO DEY!
Congratulations everyone on the board who've suffered through the years.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:30 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:28 pm
What whistle?
WHO DEY!
Congratulations everyone on the board who've suffered through the years.
Absolutely! Fuck that whistle. You too Zoo!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:42 pm

Watch Chase at the 39:00 minute mark of the press conference, close your eyes, and tell me that isn't Chad Johnson talking. I swear they are one in the same.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:20 pm
Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr)
Important to note, of course, considering this determination by the officials was incorrect: The inadvertent whistle is not reviewable.
It wasn't inadvertent it was incompetence. Not sure how the official couldn't see Burrow throw the ball right in front of him. It was the worse thing officials do and that is anticipate a call.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:25 pm

Here's my take on the whistle play. It was blown because Burrow had stepped out of bounds. It was blown late well after Burrow had thrown the . However not one player on the field had stopped playing.
Now, if they had called the play dead because of the inadvertent whistle we would have to replay the down. So, the Bengals would've basically got screwed over a millisecond.
Now let's say Burrow had stepped out of bounds. Good for us because we get another chance. Not so fast because we're the Bengals. I could guess that LV challenges and claims Burrow was out before the whistle and the refs reverse the call.
You're always told to play through the whistle. From my take it looks like that's what happened. My take, good call.

I also find it funny that New York called to over turn an incomplete pass to a completed pass so the Raiders wouldn't have use a challenge. However when they had the opportunity to help the Bengals out, we had to use the challenge.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 pm

Just getting home from the game, it was the single best game I've ever seen in person! No one sat down the whole game it seemed like. The noise was off the charts, the stadium was rocking, no one wanted to leave after the game it was just nothing but hugs and high fives!

This referee crew did not have a very good game, on multiple occasions I don't think they knew what was going on. As for the whistle, firetruck that, we didn't hear any whistle, there shouldn't have been the whistle and we benefitted from it, so there was NO WHISTLE as far as I'm concerned.

Amazing win, can't wait to take on the Titans if we can find some healthy D-lineman to play.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 pm
Just getting home from the game, it was the single best game I've ever seen in person! No one sat down the whole game it seemed like. The noise was off the charts, the stadium was rocking, no one wanted to leave after the game it was just nothing but hugs and high fives!

This referee crew did not have a very good game, on multiple occasions I don't think they knew what was going on. As for the whistle, firetruck that, we didn't hear any whistle, there shouldn't have been the whistle and we benefitted from it, so there was NO WHISTLE as far as I'm concerned.

Amazing win, can't wait to take on the Titans if we can find some healthy D-lineman to play.
Seems like the officials started out good. Then when they hit the wall they hit it hard. Hard to describe but even my wife was like what's going on, everytime I look up there's some kind of controversy...I said I know right. Weird.

Yes, we need to get healthy fast!

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 pm

Awesome report meat. Wish I could have been there too