Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:35 am

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
#Bengals officially add to staff with Al Golden coming on as LBs coach and Steve Jackson as CBs coach. Notable, both are 50 and come with a ton of experience. Obviously, plenty of youth across the staff elsewhere.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:01 pm

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/19/2 ... joe-burrow

It appears Cinci is going to stay put and looking to grab their franchise QB. I'm interested in seeing what Burrow's numbers are at the combine (as in arm strength and accuracy). From what I'm hearing he lacks some arm strength but I just wanna make sure he can make all the longer tough throws we would expect.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:01 pm

It appears Cinci is going to stay put and looking to grab their franchise QB. I'm interested in seeing what Burrow's numbers are at the combine (as in arm strength and accuracy). From what I'm hearing he lacks some arm strength but I just wanna make sure he can make all the longer tough throws we would expect.
I wouldn't expect to see much of anything from Burrow at the Combine. The guy has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. I would expect he is mostly just going to be there to talk to people.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:36 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:35 am
Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
#Bengals officially add to staff with Al Golden coming on as LBs coach and Steve Jackson as CBs coach. Notable, both are 50 and come with a ton of experience. Obviously, plenty of youth across the staff elsewhere.
The other note in these announcements is that Darren Simmons has been promoted to "Assistant Head Coach".

If anybody has been a bright spot over the years on this coaching staff it is definitely Simmons.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:32 pm

man crush.

he gives me the tinglies like Marvin did when he first got hired.

Like Carson did during that 2005 season.

Please dont screw this one up, Mikey.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Question to the masses. Now that they have pretty much said they wouldn't even entertain offers for the first pick, what if someone came along and offered a Ricky Williams type deal for the first pick.

Would you stand by that statement or would you consider the trade.

Reminder... The Saints traded that year's First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh pick along with the following year's First and Third pick.

I think I'd stick with Burrow. Taking the seemingly can't lose prospect over trusting this braintrust to hit on even a couple of those other pics just makes it seem clear to me that Burrow is the way to go.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:48 pm

If we had the Patriots or the Seahawks scouting dept. I might say yes.

But we don't....not even close.

We'd just draft a bunch more Oogie- Boogies and "Junior" Samples style players who never pan out.

So no.

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:

FWIW, I came across an article "CFP Coaches Film Room sheds light on Joe Burrow question" that purported to explain where the idea of a lack of arm strength came from and put it to bed. Long story short, he was coached at LSU to make a back shoulder throw on a particular read, some tv analysts were seeing that as under-thrown balls, but he actually throws a nice deep ball and all the haters can suck it.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:49 am

Exile wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

FWIW, I came across an article "CFP Coaches Film Room sheds light on Joe Burrow question" that purported to explain where the idea of a lack of arm strength came from and put it to bed. Long story short, he was coached at LSU to make a back shoulder throw on a particular read, some tv analysts were seeing that as under-thrown balls, but he actually throws a nice deep ball and all the haters can suck it.
I guess I've been watching all this throws on youtube and I've never seen a ball go over 45 yards. His deepest ball is a 45 yard ball, I guess that is where I'm gathering my questions from. I'll read the article though and see if that sheds some light for me.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:30 pm