Re: Our 2 game season

Post by orange_black » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:56 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:32 pm
orange_black wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:14 pm
why all the doom and gloom?

this team is different.

burrow is a difference maker, not only on the field, but off.

DJ Reader signed here becuase he wanted to play with burrow. i dont ever remember hearing that with dalton or even palmer.

phuk the chiefs. and phuk the skidz.

11-6 bitches.
This team can be good/great. But it is not different. We are plagued by the same inconsistencies we have had for years under Marvin and now a young Zac Taylor. And while Zac appears to be learning on the job like many of his players, the problem is that the on the job training has been woefully inadequate in several games this year.

I honestly feel like this team "will be" great. I'm not sold on that being this year. They have certainly developed faster than any of us predicted. (Except OB who predicted 17-0)

I'll say this, if they beat KC this weekend I will predict they take out the Patriots in the opening round. The Pats appear to be our most likely first round opponent at present. Beating KC when they have something big to play for would say a lot.
i will disagree with you on this one.

this is not the same ole bungals. I think their youth and inexperience is the biggest factor for the oopsies this season.... however... the majority of our games were only lost by 3 points. The only games we lost big were the browns and chargers. i am a believer.... this team will make some noise this year and in the future... and its all because of Burrow. Dude is legit.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:48 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:32 pm
orange_black wrote:

this team is different.

burrow is a difference maker, not only on the field, but off.

DJ Reader signed here becuase he wanted to play with burrow. i dont ever remember hearing that with dalton or even palmer.

phuk the chiefs. and phuk the skidz.

11-6 bitches.
This team can be good/great. But it is not different. We are plagued by the same inconsistencies we have had for years under Marvin and now a young Zac Taylor. And while Zac appears to be learning on the job like many of his players, the problem is that the on the job training has been woefully inadequate in several games this year.

I honestly feel like this team "will be" great. I'm not sold on that being this year. They have certainly developed faster than any of us predicted. (Except OB who predicted 17-0)

I'll say this, if they beat KC this weekend I will predict they take out the Patriots in the opening round. The Pats appear to be our most likely first round opponent at present. Beating KC when they have something big to play for would say a lot.
Agree Striper. This team can be just as bad as it can be good. That's why I quit predicting wins/losses a few weeks ago. You never know what offense or defense is going to show up.

If we play half way bad Sunday, Mahomes is going to eat us alive and not even blink an eye. With the chiefs it can be 21-0 before you ever know what hit you.

The browns. Sort of like us. They can be great and or extremely bad. The browns game is going to come down to turn overs.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:02 pm

orange_black wrote:

Bears 20
Bengals 17

Jets 34
Bengals 31

Browns 41
Bengals 16

Niners 26
Bengals 23

Chargers 41
Bengals 22

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Why do I sense this Tik Tok video will be relevent come Monday?

https://www.tiktok.com/@nfl/video/70454 ... kGcXu&_r=1
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:50 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:55 pm

We haven't stopped a decent TE in like 20 years. I don't see why this Sunday will suddenly be the first.... :roll:

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:50 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

We haven't stopped a decent TE in like 20 years. I don't see why this Sunday will suddenly be the first.... :roll:
The Bengals only hope is injury or Covid to stop him.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:38 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:

The Bengals only hope is injury or Covid to stop him.
I say we get Jmble and DC who live in the area to club him in the knee as he gets off the team bus.

I'm virtually certain no one's ever done this to their rival before. :twisted:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:31 am

Bengals1 wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:

Well to be honest no one in the NFL has been able to cover a good TE in the past 20 years or so!

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:18 am

I don't think we beat the Chiefs. I will tell you why we can beat the Chiefs though.

Chiefs Opponent Scores

Cleveland - 29
Ravens - 36
Chargers - 30
Eagles - 30
Bills - 38
Titans - 27
Chargers - 28

They have also had some really solid games, especially lately. But they can give up a lot of points and we can score a lot of points.

I don't see us stopping KC's offense. I do see us being able to keep pace with them if our Offense shows up strong. A few good defensive stops, maybe forcing a turnover or two and we can win this game.

I don't predict that we win, but I also don't think it's impossible.

These aren't the "same old Bengals". Unfortunately right now, they are as inconsistent as those older versions. This team just has something the old Bengals team doesn't have. Joe Burrow's will to win. I don't question that he's going to do everything in his power to get this team to win games. I don't think I would have ever said that about Andy Dalton.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:23 am

Marisa Contipelli (@BengalsMarisa)
#Bengals roster moves:

G Xavier Su’a-Filo has been designated to return to practice off the reserve/injured list. The team has 21 days beginning today to activate him to the 53-man roster.

WR Mike D. Thomas has returned to the active roster from the COVID/reserve list.