Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Cats/Niners Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:02 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:57 pm
Hmmm going back to the preseason prediction thread they’re actually outperforming what almost all of you thought this team would be
You're correct but it's only fair to point out that those predictions were made before the season started. None of us knew how Burrow’s knee would hold-up. None of us knew how much if any the O-line would improve or how well the free agents on defense would preform.

I think most of us are pleasantly surprised at how well the team has done overall. But the fact that they have the play-offs in sight and keep bungling it is what has most of us upset at the moment.

If they go 9-8 or even 8-9 I think most of us will consider this a successful step in the right direction season. But that's for the off-season discussions. Right now we're talking about the current situation. And that is indeed upsetting....

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:52 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:33 pm
Just because you can't wrap your brain around it doesn't make it common sense defying.
Please explain how the team spent 120 million on free agents but SoP would have put his foot down on spending any more on O-linemen....?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe who was on the market they didn't necessarily want, and maybe the ones they did want went for more then they were willing to spend? I know it that might be hard for you to accept or understand.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:56 pm

I can’t remember in NFL season were the (over) reactions are this polarizing from week to week

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:14 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:52 pm
Did it ever occur to you that maybe who was on the market they didn't necessarily want, and maybe the ones they did want went for more then they were willing to spend? I know it that might be hard for you to accept or understand.
Because we know what those players got when they eventually signed with other teams, it's not a secret. Go back and check who was released over the summer and what they reportedly signed for. I recall us discussing several that ended up signing with other teams for very reasonable contracts. Several of the Cincy beat writers expressed dismay at the teams lack of effort at the time even.

And if they didn't want them why bring them in for try-outs?

You're asking us to believe Zac knew SoP wouldn't spend any more money on O-linemen but had 3 or 4 come in during camp just to mess with them...?

Zac- We need more bodies on the O line but the old man won't spend the money. Still.... I don't want the fans thinking we don't want to improve the team. Better have a few in for tryouts just to cover ourselves on social media....

:lol:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:15 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:56 pm
I can’t remember in NFL season were the (over) reactions are this polarizing from week to week
Because the team is so inconsist from week to week. Destroy the Ravens at their place then lose horribly to the Browns at home. Demolish the Steelers then lose badly to the Chargers, etc...

I submit its the Bengals fault we're all so schizoid. :twisted:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Not just the bengals. The whole league.