Our 10 game season

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Our 10 game season

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:23 am

What a beautiful Monday, conversation about who is remaining on our schedule and us controlling our own destiny the remainder of the season is amazing.

I will nit pick a bit on the opening post and honestly I think everyone here understands this is a much different team then what we're used to.
Sun., Nov. 21, at Las Vegas -----LOSS (WE COME BACK FLAT ON THE ROAD)
I would argue that we've played our best games this season on the road (void the Bears game) and you can't count what Bengals teams have done in the past after bye weeks. This is a different team and it has leaders that we've not had in a long time.
Sun., Dec. 5, L.A. CHARGERS ----- LOSS
We will have a much tighter game then what the Ravens did to this team. We don't blitz nearly as much as Baltimore and that seemed to really rattle Herbert. However Burrow > Herbert period and I wouldn't give the Chargers a win with the swag we've been showing.
Sun., Oct. 31, at N.Y. Jets -----WIN
This game next week well tell us a lot about this team. Do we handle business like we should and beat this team handily or do we struggle after a huge emotional win over Baltimore. Personally I think we will but I wanna see what kind of mental toughness this team really has.
I say 11-6, AFCN Title, 3 seed in the playoffs and our first playoff win of the Burrow era comes against a rematch with the Chargers in memory of the Freezer Bowl game at PBS.
I honestly hope we are better then 11-6, I don't think 11-6 will win the AFCN. Baltimore is 5-2 and is going to be hungry after we embarrassed them. We'll have to keep pace with them for sure. Shittsburg is still a dumpster fire, and Believeland is losing their believe status. If we keep this rolling it's going to come down to who can out pace the other Baltimore and Cinci. I do not believe we beat them twice but you never know we have JOE MOTHA FIRETRUCKING BURROW!!

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Oh the hope of Bengals fans. What a glorious thing it is

Look, I’m all in. I’m drinking the kool aid. Im ready to be hurt again. But also wondering if there will ever be a time when I don’t have this nagging thing in the back of my mind wondering how it’s all going to end in explosive fashion…

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:33 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Look, I’m all in. I’m drinking the kool aid. Im ready to be hurt again. But also wondering if there will ever be a time when I don’t have this nagging thing in the back of my mind wondering how it’s all going to end in explosive fashion…
I hear Mike Brown has Pacman and Burfict on the hotline. He's looking for more leadership on defense. :lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:43 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:33 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:27 pm

I hear Mike Brown has Pacman and Burfict on the hotline. He's looking for more leadership on defense. :lol:
speaking of free agents..... how about the ones we signed this year :O

playing their butts off!!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Yeah, I'm with Meat. It'll be interesting to see how they come out against the Jets. Overconfident or focused....?

That will say a lot about where this clubs head is at...

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm
Yeah, I'm with Meat. It'll be interesting to see how they come out against the Jets. Overconfident or focused....?

That will say a lot about where this clubs head is at...
You and Meathead picked the Bengals to beat Ravens but yall worried about the Jets? Smfh

We're still the Bengals until we prove consistently that we're not the team that folds and loses on bonehead or meathead plays, however you wanna look at it.

I'm in. If we can stay healthy, if we can continue to protect Burrow, and if Burrow can pull some more magic, like those 3 broken plays to Chases 82 yarder and Uzomahs 2 tds them we'll have a chance. We need a lot of luck, just like everyone else is hoping for.

I'm not predicting the remaining schedule. 1 week at a time , 1 week at a time.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:29 pm
You and Meathead picked the Bengals to beat Ravens but yall worried about the Jets? Smfh
Correction: I did not pick us over the Ravens. I said we'd be competitive but fall short 28-20.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
We're still the Bengals until we prove consistently that we're not the team that folds and loses on bonehead or meathead plays, however you wanna look at it.
This was my exact point almost, it has nothing to do with the Jets or their abilities, we're obviously the better team. It's another one of those games which sends a message to us fans if they can prove that they are consistently a different team and not the same ol' bungals.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
I'm not predicting the remaining schedule. 1 week at a time , 1 week at a time.
100% agree with you there, that's why I wait until Thursday or Friday before predictions. Day by day want to see how the injury report looks before really jumping into things.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:34 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:30 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
This was my exact point almost, it has nothing to do with the Jets or their abilities, we're obviously the better team. It's another one of those games which sends a message to us fans if they can prove that they are consistently a different team and not the same ol' bungals.
I would just love to see consistency. Like I said I'm still excited about yesterday, it's a game this team and us fans have been waiting on for years. I just don't wanna turn around and lose to the Jets or Dolphins, or another horrible team right now. I think this defense stays hungry and I know Joe's not gonna let up off the gas.

I mean 1 week we cream the rats and the next week we lose to the Jets and their like 5th string Qb, I hope that doesn't happen!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.