Need to seal up this #1 pick LACES OUT

skycruiser

Re: Let’s go dolphins!

Post by skycruiser » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:22 pm

That was an unbelievable game. Thought for sure we were gonna bungle that one

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:31 pm

I can say with certainty that William Jackson won't sleep well tonight. Fitzpatrick just absolutely abused him. I won't say it was his worst game ever even though the stats might say so. He was close on every play but simply lost the 1 on 1 matchups all day long. You give him half of those plays and we had the game won by the 4th quarter.

I'm so torn about this offseason. You hear Zac say that we are so close to wins, literally a few plays away from a totally different season. And I can somewhat agree with him. But the bottom line is our veterans of 3-4 years ago are now at the end of their contracts / best years and we'll need a very strong draft to rebuild. As of today, I'm probably more in the camp of keeping Dalton, trading back in the draft for 2 or 3 first round picks, and let's go strong in FA. Dalton isn't enough of the problem to replace him, and he probably has 2-3 decent years left in him. (although he was throwing ducks all over the place today)

May change my mind after the season ends. But we need picks more than we need a new QB.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:28 pm

I remain in the camp of you don't pass up a possible franchise Quarterback when one comes along. Even if you aren't ready to compete with him for a couple of years. A healthy Williams means you will basically be adding a Franchise QB and a First round Left Tackle to the lineup next year.

I know we need more pieces but Burrow and Williams could be 15 year (or more) starters for you if they live up to their potential. These are pieces you can build around in this year as well as in five years if we decide to go full changes again.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Burrow's is our guy you folks just haven't come to grips with it yet!

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:59 am

Agree with meat and jmble for sure! You take a QB EVERYTIME Especially with our franchise his track record in the first round

billy price/mahomes and John Ross/desean Watson anyone?