Thanks all for the increase in activity lately.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: Thanks all for the increase in activity lately.

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:00 pm

This is exactly the kind of family dysfunction that was missing in all of our lives last year. Brings a little tear to my eyes! :D

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Actually, I don't disagree with Meat too much on this one, sorry.

The 2015 play-off loss was devestating to most fans, no doubt about it. All I'm adding is that I feel the majority of fans would have filtered back if the next few drafts had panned out and given them renewed hope.

But it didn't work out that way. Instead of reloading and coming back strong we fell even deeper into despair as poor player personnel decisions and bad draft after bad draft doomed us to where we are today....with the worst record in the league and the #1 overall pick.

Sports fans as a whole are pretty loyal. Give them a few good players to build up hope around and they'll stick around. Release top players because they cost more than you want to pay and replace them with different, cheaper players that literally can't play the position and you end up with empty hearts and empty stadiums...

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Am I able to post?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:40 pm

I think you have to have a Twitter account to access this but for those of you who do.... :D

[https://twitter.com/i/status/1250187553308844033]

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Thats a good memory for sure. A couple other items of interest....scroll down in the feed below that tweet and you will see a video of Andy tossing with his kids. He puts 6 straight balls in a 1 foot square target from probably 25-30 yards. I'd really like to draft Burrow and keep Dalton for this one season.

Second, scroll down a bit further and there is a hilarious tweet titled "when you name your dog Vontez Burfict". Enjoy that one! :lol:
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:01 pm

Thanks Carl Pickens was always my favorite Bengals WR.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:17 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:01 pm
Thanks Carl Pickens was always my favorite Bengals WR.
That game carries a special memory for me.

Before I worked at Paramount I worked at Circuit City in Woodland Hills. It's a very toni area of the San Fernando Valley. The store I worked at had an Irvine Market directly behind it in fact, they shared a common wall.

Those of us that worked at CC often walked next door on our breaks or lunch. The market had a great coffee and salad bar. Because it was in such a toni area of the valley you could occasionally spot celebrities there. The one we seemed to see the most often was Heather Locklear. ( I remember one of the girls I worked with at the time was very jealous referring to her as a stick woman with breasts)

Years after I left that job I was having lunch with a buddy of mine at a Mexican resturaunt just down the street from that Circuit City. We were eating in the bar and most of the TVs had that Bengals/Steelers game on.

Two booths down from where we were sitting was a guy wearing a Steelers jersey and of course because it was a Sunday I was wearing my Bengals jersey. All throughout the game he rooted and howled for the Steelers and I just sat there and fumed waiting for the inevitable humiliating loss.

When Pickens caught that winning TD pass with almost no time left on a trick play we both jumped out of our respective booths and yelled out loud. To my surprise he walked over and shook my hand saying "Good game man."

When I sat back down my buddy looked at me and said, "You know who that was, don't you?" "A dejected Steelers fan I would assume" I replied. "That was Tommy Lee you idiot...Tommy Lee from Motley Crew just congradulated you!"

It suddenly all made sense. Tommy Lee was married to Heather Locklear at that time and they obviously lived in that area.

Every time I'm reminded of that game I think of Tommy Lee jumping out of his booth and shaking my hand and my not even recognizing him.

Makes it all the sweeter...

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:50 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:17 pm
That game carries a special memory for me.
🤘 :D awesome story B1...

btw... seeing that clip and watching CD totally knocking #20 (D Washington) back about 10 yards at the end of that one play made my day!
:mrgreen:

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 am

Great story but now I must remove Motley Crew from all play lists seeing has he is a Stealers fan. :(

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:51 am

To get back on track... I've noticed several names I'm not familiar with who log on several times a day yet never post.

It's almost like we an audience who enjoys reading our posts but won't join in.

C'mon guys...you know who you are. Start posting and tell us what you think. We don't bite.

Well....okay...maybe Meat does but don't worry, we have the antidote... ;)