Apparently rumors are floating about....

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: Apparently rumors are floating about....

Post by skycruiser » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 pm

[quote=MeatHeadbengal post_id=1932 time=1573832186

I've been thinking about this post this I read it first thing this morning, and it's really stuck with me. I personally have a huge problem conflating Mixon and Burfict to the same level as Kaepernick, as for Pac Man I never stood up for the guy, didn't like the guy so I'm leaving him out. Burfict was just a player that played with passion, emotion, and dirty. He's no different then your average Steeler, the only difference is they change the rules for steelers vs giving out suspensions (AKA Ryan Shazier, Hines Ward). Mixon did something stupid when he was a kid, if I'm not mistaken it was his Freshman year at school, and he's been very good ever since. Not only that but he's been doing a lot in the Cinci community since he's been here, he's obviously changed and doing his very best to be a better person.

Kaepernick on the other hand, used his platform to spread hate, not awareness. If you remember first before he knelt he wore socks that depicted cops as pigs. Then when he knelt he disrespected this great nation, and during the press conference afterwards he pushed more lies. Statistics show what he was pointing out was false, and in doing so he made a huge impact on the NFL and their fan base. I want to remind everyone that it is a PRIVILEGE to play in the NFL not a right! As far as I'm concerned the damage this guy did to the NFL is good enough reason alone for him to never play again.

I love this game, it's given me so much in my life. As you all know from the beginning of this board I played in high school, went to college and played 2 years and flunked out. I took 5 years off then went back and finished my playing career then coached while earning my Masters. I wouldn't have gotten any of that done if it wasn't for football. There was a HUGE difference in between the 5 years and honestly it made me sad how soft football had gotten in just those 5 years. I love this game and I love this country anyone and I mean anyone that disrespects both by their actions is not anyone I would ever want on my team.

With that being said I'm 100% serious if the Brown family did this, I love all you guys and I think of all of you like a support group for this shithole franchise.
[/quote]

If you read this in a Donnie baker voice it makes sense

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Are you fucking serious?

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Nope. Not worth it and it has nothing to do with politics for me. I lean left on most social issues. I whole heartedly support what people think he stands for. I just don't believe he ever believed it.

1. He was a playoff winning QB in a very liberal city. He never once used his platform as a starting QB on a Super Bowl team to speak for or against any cause.

2. The season before the kneeling he was hurt and struggled when he got healthy.

3. That offseason, he demanded a trade. Cleveland and denver were interested but no deal got done.

4. That offseason, he said he didn't want to play for Chip Kelly after he was told he had to compete against Gabbert.

5. Reports came out about him having a dead arm.

6. He lost the QB battle to gabbert.

7. At this point, he didn't once mention police brutality or discrimination against minorities. He is then caught sitting on a bench, away from his team during the anthem. Only when asked why he was sitting did he claim social injustice.

Now I followed this story for most of the year leading up to this. I had nfl satellite radio in my truck, plus potential trades has draft implications. As you all know I give a lot of time following draft news. Kaps trade demands, feelings about competing, and struggles in camp we're big news on NFL talk radio. All the above items were talked about, but never in Kaps career before being caught sitting did he mention social injustice at any time.

While my suspicions could be wrong, I can't help but think his "protest" was made up to hide him pouting for losing his job. Being a sore loser.

My liberal friends shit on me for thinking this, even though they know that I agree with many of the sane things. Of course they don't follow football like I do. If you don't believe me Google search the above timeline. It's all there.

The fact is Kap either through injuries or his inability to progress beyond being a one dimensional player he became an average QB. While an average QB should find a job, an average QB that becomes a distraction is a negative.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:52 pm

I'm a believer in america. Kaep can kneel all he wants ... it's his right. I can hate him for it. Its my right. I hope nfl owners feel the same.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:43 pm

Eric Reid is still in the league and he's Kaps numero uno right hand man and he still kneels. If Kap was rogers or brady he'd still be in the league because he would still be considered a good player. He hit the wall, lost consecutive games as a starter, had a horrible overall Qb rating and is dumber than a box of rocks. THATS why hes not in the league, doesn't have anything to do with his stance. And yes he is a hater. He's more Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson than Martin Luther King. Basically he's a slap fuck player and thats why hes looking in instead of looking out.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.