The only story line: Draft Pick Order

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

The only story line: Draft Pick Order

Post by skycruiser » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 am

Interesting the way the year is shaping up, we stand to pick #1 but on the verge of blowing it

4 games left:
Browns x2, Fins, Pats

we'll lose to Pats, but could easily win 2 of the other 3

Giants 2 wins- right behind us but dont have a QB need
Skins 3 wins- wouldn't draft a QB
Fins 3 wins- would draft a QB

so even if giants or skins got ahead of us they wouldn't go QB but would easily trade back and let a QB needy team jump for burrows

TheBurn

Re: The only story line: Draft Pick Order

Post by TheBurn » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:41 am

skycruiser wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 am
...so even if giants or skins got ahead of us they wouldn't go QB but would easily trade back and let a QB needy team jump for burrows
that is one of my my biggest fears

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Bengals trying hard to win. They can't even lose properly.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:33 am

Still holding strong! Just need the Giants to win another one to make our odds high

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:19 pm

I overheard Boomer on tv talking about Joe Burrows being a Bengal.

last time he was talking about a QB, we took Carson Palmer.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:18 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:19 pm
I overheard Boomer on tv talking about Joe Burrows being a Bengal.

last time he was talking about a QB, we took Carson Palmer.
I think it's just a very very good fit here. We however need to make sure we resign Green and get some OL help!

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Nope, if you end up drafting Burrows, see if you can get a late 1st rounder for AJG and get Burrows a new running mate he can grow with a la Dalton/Green. Some desperate team out there would give up a high pick for AJG. I'm done with him. Cant stay on the field!

Get rid of Ross while you are at it.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:14 pm
Nope, if you end up drafting Burrows, see if you can get a late 1st rounder for AJG and get Burrows a new running mate he can grow with a la Dalton/Green. Some desperate team out there would give up a high pick for AJG. I'm done with him. Cant stay on the field!

I’m not against trading Green but am I wrong to think Tyler Boyd could be that person you are looking for? He is only 25 and has shown the growth into a pretty talented receiver. I’d rather stick with Boyd as my number one and use the pick you are suggesting for Green to get some OL or tackling help at LB.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:21 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:

AJ is a FA. Not able to trade a FA. If they franchise tag him I can't see a team trading for him because will not want to pay him that much in addition to giving up a high draft pick.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:21 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

AJ is a FA. Not able to trade a FA. If they franchise tag him I can't see a team trading for him because will not want to pay him that much in addition to giving up a high draft pick.
They can franchise him and give him the opportunity to work out a new deal with another team. Now the team you are potentially trading him to would have to have a pretty good idea that AJ is healthy and worth a multiyear deal, but this is absolutely something that can happen. I'm not sure how often it happens, but a Google search tells me that the Patriots did it with Matt Cassel in 2009. They placed the franchise tag on Cassel and traded him to Kansas City about three weeks later.