Draft Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Draft Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Yep, for real. We added some LB depth, hopefully a starter. But really nothing that will pull us out of the cellar. Looks like its all coaching and scheme from here. That and having a ball control offense again ala 2015.
Seeking Superbowls

Andysbigfateyebrows

Post by Andysbigfateyebrows » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:57 pm

We have addressed our defense. Strengthening our line which allows Mixon more room to run will keep the offense on the field longer and the defense off. Those constant 3 and outs killed our defense. Giving them more rest is a HUGE help to the D.

And linebacker was our biggest need on defense. We have talent on the D line and at DB. We can also add depth in free agency.

Everyone wants a sexy draft with big names, but the plain Jane girl next door maybe what the doctor ordered.

They also focused on leaders. No more Burficts, Pacmans, Chris Henry’s (RIP). This could also benefit the team. Production over potential. I’m for that all day long.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Bengals signed Nebraska WR Stanley Morgan.

Morgan (6’0/202) graduated as the Cornhuskers’ all-time leader in catches (189) and receiving yards (2,747), averaging 14.5 career yards per catch with 22 touchdowns. PFF College credited Morgan with a Big Ten-high 535 yards gained on 20-plus-yard targets in 2018, and his high-end athleticism was confirmed at the Combine with 89th-percentile SPARQ results, including adequate 4.53 speed and the second-best three-cone time (6.78) among all wideouts in Indy. Tough enough to win over the middle with outstanding ball skills and a competitive on-field attitude, Morgan’s clean routes and soft hands give him a chance to become a starting NFL slot receiver or flanker.

Apr 27, 2019, 7:03 PM

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Camp body.
Central Connecticut State QB Jake Dolegala, a Western New York native, has agreed to a free agent contract with the #Bengals.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:41 pm

Former Texas A&M guard Keaton Sutherland will sign with the Cincinnati Bengals. He will join former A&M OL coach Jim Turner and RB Trayveon Williams

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Lots of post draft reading and research and one thing is clear (as someone mentioned earlier), these are quality human beings. I get it, we want studs to help win the SB. Cant say we nailed that part, but as far as picking intelligent athletes that will buy into a system and wont cause headaches for the team, we got that right. I do believe that will translate to positive things on the field.

I'd give Zac and the coaches/scouts/Tobin a solid B for this draft. No complaints other than I think we missed an opportunity to grab Chase Winovich. We could have had him pretty easily.
Seeking Superbowls

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 pm

The draft was solid considering the overall lack of talent. The talent on the offensive and defensive lines showed depth, but most other positions were lacking.

We likely got some solid pieces, but no stars. Almost everyone is a high floor prospect. Williams is the only one likely to start this year. Sample will probably be a solid starter. He's likely a more athletic Reggie Kelly, which is not too shabby. Pratt seems to be Emmanuel Lamur on the low side. Not sure what his ceiling is. Finely is likely a solid back up. Wren is a boom or bust guy in the DL. Jordon is my favorite value pick. I think he could be a future starter at G. He might supplant Boling next season. Trayveon Williams is likely Gio's eventual replacement.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Here are the 6 I have found so far.
Keaton Sutherland, OL, Texas A&M
Jake Dolegala, QB, Central Connecticut State
Stanley Morgan, Jr., WR, Nebraska
Tyree Kinnel, S, Michigan
Jordan Ellis, RB, Virginia
Cory Contini Ohio Dominican WR

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:51 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... line-help/

Looks like there is still uncertainty up front. Should be a very scrappy camp for the Oline.
Seeking Superbowls