Bengals to make QB change after the bye

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

Bengals to make QB change after the bye

Post by Jmble » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Sources are saying that Dalton is headed to the bench and Ryan Finley will be the starting QB after the bye week.

I'm honestly shocked but happy. Again, I don't think Dalton is the problem. But he's also not the future. We need to at least see how Ryan Finley performs before deciding how to spend a top draft pick next year.

This from Tom Pelissero of NFL network

TheBurn

Re: Bengals to make QB change after the bye

Post by TheBurn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:19 pm

wow i am surprised, but it was just inevitable at 0-8

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:22 pm

It was inevitable in other organizations. I'd argue nothing is inevitable in this organization.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 pm

touché

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:16 pm

pleasantly surprised. although unless we just signed 5 new OL does it really matter?

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:37 pm

It doesn't matter for this year, but if you are even thinking of drafting a QB in round one this year you owe it to yourself to look at Finley and see what you have.

This won't be a perfect situation, but as I've said before.... You can watch a QB play in a bad situation and at least see if he has at least some potential of being a decent QB. See how he handles himself under pressure, see how accurate he is. If the guy comes in and looks like a potential superstar under the worst circumstances, then you know you have a potential franchise QB on your hands and you go somewhere else in round one, i.e. Chase Young or trade down to somebody who really wants one of the top QBs.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:46 pm

very fair point. chase young is an absolute monster and would love to somehow get him...but instead he'll go to baltimore or pittsburgh

imagine this: you trade AJ, kirkpatrick and Carlos Dunlap...and you flip those 3 for Chase and one of the top 3 QB's

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:14 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:46 pm
very fair point. chase young is an absolute monster and would love to somehow get him...but instead he'll go to baltimore or pittsburgh

imagine this: you trade AJ, kirkpatrick and Carlos Dunlap...and you flip those 3 for Chase and one of the top 3 QB's
1) I would love to add Chase Young with what will absolutely be the #1 pick.

2) Not sure I would pack off all those guys, but then again, Chase and a top QB sounds like a pretty good place to start a rebuild.

3) But DAMN do we need some good linemen.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm

Andy will be back in by 2nd half of first game. A rookie will get killed behind this OL line.

This OL is so bad Finley will be wishing he had the line David Klingler played behind his rookie year. :( :shock: :(

If not going to play Andy trade. I would think somebody in play-off contention like the Bears would love to have him replace their starter.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 pm

I can say with absolute certainty two things:

1) After drafting Jonah Williams and having Boling already in the mix at LG, Andy Dalton never, ever thought this is where he would be on Halloween. He had AJG, Mixon, Boyd, Eiffert, Gio and a potentially huge upgrade on the line with Glenn moving to the right side. I bet Andy sheds a tear during this bye week.

2) Once he is done crying about it, he will quickly come to the same realization that Palmer did and welcome a move somewhere. Unfortunately they missed the deadline and he'll have to endure clipboard duty for 8 more weeks. Andy doesn't want to be here. He just doesn't realize it yet.

Bring on Finley. I have a reason to watch and cheer now. He's my college homie and I can't wait to see him toss his first TD pass to AJ. Go Pack!!!
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins