OL

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: OL

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Its over folks. Rebuild mode, engage!

I honestly dont know how we got here even though we all lived every minute of it. So many injuries, so many bad draft picks, coaching changes, suspensions. It all adds up!

I dont even have the interest or the energy to seek out the positives. I guess I'll wait until next season. Now I think I know why B1 gave up.....and it wasnt to spend more time watching his bikini clad wife ride Bengal tigers. (Ok, well that would be a good reason) Its just burnout. Ugh!!
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:20 am

I am beginning to wonder if he will be forced to retire from this concussion. It is now nearly 2 months, I don't remember any other player taking this long to come back from 1 concussion.
Cordy Glenn with miss a fifth regular season game this Sunday for the Cincinnati Bengals. Head coach Zac Taylor bluntly said that Glenn would not be playing for the Bengals in their game against the Arizona Cardinals this weekend. Glenn has been sidelined since the second week of the preseason when he sustained a concussion against Washington.

That fact could be causing frustration within the Bengals.

According to Richard Skinner of WKRC, Bengals offensive line coach Jim Turner said he can only coach the guys that show up in his meeting room.

“I’m not responsible for bringing players in,” said Turner in regard to when and if he expects Glenn to return. “I coach whoever is in that room. I come into work everyday and they put those guys in that room, that’s who I am coaching. Those five guys that are playing for me right now, I love those guys.”

Glenn did not take part in practice with the Bengals on Wednesday. He had been a limited participant in practice last Thursday and Friday prior to the team’s Monday night loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, he did not practice on Saturday and did not play in the game before again behind held out of practice on Wednesday.

If Glenn is still experiencing concussion symptoms over a month removed from the initial injury, that reality is problematic for Glenn and the Bengals. Andre Smith has started at left tackle in place of Glenn for the first games of the season. First-round pick Jonah Williams would have been the starting left tackle if not for a torn labrum that required surgery in June.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:13 pm

finally!
Bengals LT Cordy Glenn (concussion) has been cleared to resume practicing.

Glenn has yet to play this season after being concussed in the preseason. His return would be a big boost to one of the league's very worst offensive lines. Glenn needs to avoid setbacks in practice before he's allowed to take the next step in the protocol and progress to game action.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter
Oct 16, 2019, 1:40 PM ET

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:11 am

TheBurn wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:13 pm
finally!
Bengals LT Cordy Glenn (concussion) has been cleared to resume practicing.

Glenn has yet to play this season after being concussed in the preseason. His return would be a big boost to one of the league's very worst offensive lines. Glenn needs to avoid setbacks in practice before he's allowed to take the next step in the protocol and progress to game action.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter
Oct 16, 2019, 1:40 PM ET
Spoke too soon.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:26 am

what a dumpster fire