Bill Cowher

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Bill Cowher

Post by Mag » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:33 pm

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2020/12/ ... ach-again/

I know the common refrain would be he's not interested or we can't afford him, but what if? He's always wanted a situation where he could act as a HC/GM. The Bengals front office is small enough to make that concession or find a middle ground.

If this could happen, how would you all feel?

Joe the Sot

Re: Bill Cowher

Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:33 pm
https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2020/12/ ... ach-again/

I know the common refrain would be he's not interested or we can't afford him, but what if? He's always wanted a situation where he could act as a HC/GM. The Bengals front office is small enough to make that concession or find a middle ground.

If this could happen, how would you all feel?
No, just no!!! Bringing his terrible towels in to clean up all that spit, I think I even prefer Zac to mr stooler

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:55 pm

I saw an article on PFT the other day where Boomer Eisason was speculating Cowher would come back and coach the Jets next season.

He said Cowher was showing the other hosts video of his coaching days and reminiscing wistfully. He claimed in all the years they've been hosting together he's never done that.

It all just seemed so thin and speculative I didn't post it.

And I don't think as long as SoP is alive we'll ever have a real GM. I also don't see a hot head like Cowher getting along with our front office.

Such as it is. :roll:

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Come on mag. You’re better than this

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:51 pm

I don't believe there is a chance it would happen but it would be such an anti-normal Bengals thing to do I would welcome it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:54 pm

I honestly think our best bet is for Minny to fire Zim at the end of the season. I think SoP could be enticed into bringing back a proven coach he's familiar with over Zac.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:03 am

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:49 pm
Come on mag. You’re better than this
Oh, c'mon! It's a fun what if. Super Bowl winning coach, is great, but a Steeler? 8-)

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:20 am

What's fun about this is HCs who have moderate to good success in first tenure tend to have greater success in their second and third spots. Pair them with an elite QB and they tend to win championships. Belichick, Carroll, and Reid have participated in or won most of the SBs in the last 15 years.

So when thinking of a ZT replacement, Cowher fits the bill (pun intended). Zimmer also fits, if he comes available. He'd also be my first choice regardless. Also:

Jay Gruden- started well, but flamed out. Never had a quarterback that fit. Dealt with a dipshit owner and is familiar with our dipshit owner. Has eye for coaching talent. Sean McVay was on his staff.

Jim Harbaugh- He's not long for college. Would be fun to see him face his brother twice a year.

Lovie Smith- went to a SB, but fell into mediocrity after. Never had a good quarterback.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 am

If they were to hire Harblow I honestly think that would be the final nail in the coffin for me. :evil:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:25 am

Shoot me after this but here are my 2 HC candidates.

First let me say we need someone who can work side by side with Burrow and help him grow.

1. Jason Garrett. Yeah he's used to working with fcktards. See his previous stay with Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. But he's an offensive mind and former Qb. Think it would work with him and burrow

2. Brian Daball. OC, QB coach for Bills. I think after what we saw him do with QB Allen this past year he has to be a candidate.

I'm in for 100% for anyone who can gel with Burrow and make him the greatest Qb ever for this franchise.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.