2020 Season - Will they play?

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Exile

Re: 2020 Season - Will they play?

Post by Exile » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:24 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:39 pm
I'm far more aligned with this than pro football being cancelled. These kids have no chance to make it through the semester given their class requirements, dorm lives and general exposure on or around campus. Sucks, but I think it makes sense.

Pro's, on the other hand, get paid a crap ton of money sufficient to be able to isolate themselves, as a group if necessary. While I still think the logistics of the NFL machine will make a full season extremely challenging, I dont want to hear a peep from players about how they cant effectively quarantine themselves. We're all out here doing it every freaking day for pennies on their dollar.
+1

Colleges in general and college football in particular have been in a no-win situation for a while now. I'd love to see a college football season, but I'm not surprised that it's fallen apart. The NFL has plenty of challenges to make it happen, but it was always more likely that we'd have pro football than college.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:13 pm

It should be noted here that what's being reported is a postponement till Spring 2021, not a complete cancelation of the entire season till Fall of next year.

They may ultimately decide on that but right now all the talk is of starting the season next March. At least, that's what I'm seeing.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:00 pm

So, lets say they play spring football. I'll go on a limb and say they start end of January, beginning of February. A ten week season puts it right up to the draft. With that being said why would any senior that's a guaranteed first two round pick (Based on their projections from last year) even play? the risk in this this case is bigger than the reward. Then on top of that you're competing with NCAA basketball as well. I just can't see this being a good idea at all.
Been a long time since I posted anything. Really hoping the NFL goes ahead with the season. We really need it.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 pm

BIG10 made it official - no football this Fall.... :(

PAC-12 too.

[https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... l-seasons/]