Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Bengals 2020 Schedule Released

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:40 pm

That's a fairly brutal last few games.... :x

stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals 2020 Schedule Released

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu May 07, 2020 9:03 pm

This is not a schedule a 2-14 team should have. But we cant avoid our tough division and the NFC East teams "should" present our easiest matchups. Jax is tanking. The Chargers will have an identity crisis so I see Burrow starting his career 1-0 behind a few short passes and Mixon. TN, Houston and Indy could ruin our year.

I'll go 6-10 with that schedule. Defensive changes, if everything "clicks", could shift a few of those losses to the win column.

Chargers - W
Cle - L
Philly - L
Jax - W
Balt - L
Indy - L
Cle -W
TN - L
Pitt - L
Wash - W
NYG - W
Miami -L
Dallas -L
Pitt - W
Houston - L
Balt - L
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu May 07, 2020 9:40 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:03 pm
This is not a schedule a 2-14 team should have. But we cant avoid our tough division and the NFC East teams "should" present our easiest matchups. Jax is tanking. The Chargers will have an identity crisis so I see Burrow starting his career 1-0 behind a few short passes and Mixon. TN, Houston and Indy could ruin our year.

I'll go 6-10 with that schedule. Defensive changes, if everything "clicks", could shift a few of those losses to the win column.

Chargers - W
Cle - L
Philly - L
Jax - W
Balt - L
Indy - L
Cle -W
TN - L
Pitt - L
Wash - W
NYG - W
Miami -L
Dallas -L
Pitt - W
Houston - L
Balt - L
Mostly agree I just don't see them beating Pitt in prime time. But will win at Miami. Other possible win to get to get to 7-9 is Indy.

I think it is cool that Dallas is playing in Cincy so hopefully Andy can get the one last cheer he deserves.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:22 pm

I agree with Hits. Switch Miami and Pitt and we're good to go.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri May 08, 2020 7:11 am

The Football Gods will have Burrow win at home, in Prime Time against Pitt just so the new rivalry can begin for another 10 years. Must see TV right? After all, these games are scripted like wrestling because we all know there is no way that Burfict and Jones go psycho with 90 seconds to play, draw double penalty flags and hand the Stoolers the Bengals first playoff win since the 80's.....without being told to do it by the league. :idea:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:13 am

Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) Tweeted:
If Joe Burrow is Cincinnati's starting QB to open the season, some notable games:

Week 2: Primetime debut against rival CLE on TNF
Week 11: Match-up against WAS and DE Chase Young
Week 13: Bengals at MIA. Burrow vs. Tua?
Week 15: vs. PIT in his Monday Night Football debut

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri May 08, 2020 11:13 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:13 am
Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) Tweeted:
If Joe Burrow is Cincinnati's starting QB to open the season, some notable games:

Week 2: Primetime debut against rival CLE on TNF
Week 11: Match-up against WAS and DE Chase Young
Week 13: Bengals at MIA. Burrow vs. Tua?
Week 15: vs. PIT in his Monday Night Football debut
Some (relatively) interesting storylines:
Week 1: Chargers will probably (?) roll with Tyrod Taylor in week one, but fellow rookie Justin Herbert would be more fun from a storyline standpoint. I don't think there's any question who was the better college QB, but they'll probably spend their respective careers benchmarked against one another (hopefully "Justin Herbert, picked no. 6 overall, doesn't look like he should have been picked in the same round as superstar and all-around baller Joe Burrow, much less within 5 picks.")
Week 5: at this point, Baltimore is the top dog in our division (and among the best in the AFC period), so this is a huge yardstick kind of game. No expectations to win this, but do we look like trash or do we look like we're going to compete? This will be the first of, presumably, many meetings between these two Heisman-winning QBs).
Week 11: Redskins, you forgot to mention: Joe Burrow vs. Dwayne Haskins! Former teammates who each had one absolutely glorious college season; Haskins won the Urban Meyer eye test in spring ball, but which one will be the better NFL QB? (please let the answer be Burrow)

And of course, if Andy gets the starting gig in Dallas by week 14, that takes on more meaning.

I would love it if week 17 vs. Baltimore was also a meaningful game, but that seems overly optimistic at this point.

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri May 08, 2020 11:30 am

Just saw a piece on an Ohio State fan site, pointing out just how many Buckeyes will be involved in that game vs. Washington, since we've got quite a few of our own (5, even if we don't include Burrow, assuming they all make the roster) and then Washington brings Haskins, McLaurin, Young, and Marcus Baugh (if he's still on the roster--pretty sure he's, like, their 7th tight end).

And from an Ohio State fan perspective, there are a few matchups this year that have a fair number of Buckeyes on the opposing team: Colts, Cowboys, and Giants each have 3. And while I'm not cheering for any of them over my Bengals, it's still nice to see a familiar face.

Well, maybe not Ezekiel Elliot, because he'll probably be torching our defense, but a lot of those other guys.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 am

Regarding the 2020 NFL schedule, the Patriots truly have one of the worst schedules I've seen in a while. Difficulty of opponents, miles traveled and all of that in a Covid virus world. If Bill B can take his team with Stidham at QB to better than an 8-8 record this season it will be an absolute miracle.

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon May 11, 2020 4:29 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 am
Regarding the 2020 NFL schedule, the Patriots truly have one of the worst schedules I've seen in a while. Difficulty of opponents, miles traveled and all of that in a Covid virus world. If Bill B can take his team with Stidham at QB to better than an 8-8 record this season it will be an absolute miracle.
I saw that. Also saw that the Ravens schedule was ranked as the easiest--like they need any other advantages.