Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Carson and TJs comments

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:39 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 am
I disagree with you on adding tier 1 free agents, sometimes that's good but honestly Washington did that for years and never really help them much. Realistically we all know teams are built and maintained thru good drafting. Until we start hitting home runs again in the draft we'll continue to struggle. We need to get more money into that scouting staff.

I'm somewhat in the middle. I don't advocate going out each off-season and breaking the bank adding 3-4 top tier Free Agents like the Redskins have tried to do. But if you know you need a starting caliber Right Tackle or Middle Linebacker etc... I see no problem going out and getting that one piece you so desperately need.

If that means signing the best player you can find in FA and paying top dollar to shore up that single most glaring weakness now and then....so be it.

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs....
If your draft picks arent panning out and the best you can do is Preston Brown as a FA then where's your recipe for success?

Washing signed like 9 a year. All I'm saying is add what you need, maybe 1 or 2 a year that fit your team. Washington was throwing ungodly amount of money at free agents and NOT even having them in for visits to see if they even half ass blended with the team they alreadt had.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Re: Carson and TJs comments

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:35 pm