2020 Season - Will they play?

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2020 Season - Will they play?

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 am

My goodness you two, settle down. For the most part we are all friends here.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 am
It's just gentle ribbing. Sports is no place for the thin skinned. 8-)

Wait.....what do you mean, "for the most part?" :?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

It means we'll all go to Mag's brewery and have a few beers together, but we're leaving your drunk carcass at the bus stop vs buying you an Uber. :lol:
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:34 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:04 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

It means we'll all go to Mag's brewery and have a few beers together, but we're leaving your drunk carcass at the bus stop vs buying you an Uber. :lol:

I'll take it!! :P

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:53 pm

In other news...

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
NFL owners approved a proposal today to cover the seats closest to the field, then place sponsor logos over those seat coverings.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 pm

:lol:

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:06 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 pm
:lol:

🤣🤣🤣

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:49 pm

So my answer is still "NO", they wont play. Rookies for many teams are supposed to report to "camp" in the next couple of days. The NFLPA and NFL still are nowhere close to being aligned on policies related to Covid, PPE requirements, etc. 72 players have tested positive as of July 10th. (Most all have since recovered) Fans have now been taken out of the equation completely for preseason camps and games. Oh, and I just saw an article on PFT that said that ONE preseason game was the most likely outcome.

They've pushed these decisions as far as they can but backs are against the wall and time is up. Covid numbers are headed in the wrong direction....whether you or I believe in the risk or those numbers is moot.

Stick a fork in it. And yes Meat, its doom and gloom but not what I was hoping for. Just reality.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:52 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:49 pm
So my answer is still "NO", they wont play. Rookies for many teams are supposed to report to "camp" in the next couple of days. The NFLPA and NFL still are nowhere close to being aligned on policies related to Covid, PPE requirements, etc. 72 players have tested positive as of July 10th. (Most all have since recovered) Fans have now been taken out of the equation completely for preseason camps and games. Oh, and I just saw an article on PFT that said that ONE preseason game was the most likely outcome.

They've pushed these decisions as far as they can but backs are against the wall and time is up. Covid numbers are headed in the wrong direction....whether you or I believe in the risk or those numbers is moot.

Stick a fork in it. And yes Meat, its doom and gloom but not what I was hoping for. Just reality.
At this point I just don't care. I was all excited for the idea of watching Burrow, then all this political crap jumped into the NFL again and I'm pretty much done. Covid is being miss reported across the nation the numbers are not accurate and I can point to several articles and even the CDC itself. These numbers are being inflated to make it look worse than it actually is and I just ran out of fucks to give... I'm going to focus on my property, getting it ready for deer season and working on my house.. The NFL doesn't deserve my time and or money! GL guys!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm

At this point i'm in the unenviable position of agreeing with both Stripes and Meat. I'm becoming more and more convinced each day that there will not be either a College Football or Pro Football season this year. Right now i'd peg the chances at 60/40 against.

And like Meat I've simply resigned myself to it and really don't care. This disease has something like a 99.2% survival rate and like Meat i'm seeing more and more that statistics are being manipulated so hospitals can make more money and blue states can tank the economy and hurt Trump's chance of reelection.

It's a shame that politics has invaded virtually every aspect of our lives now, from Movies and TV that constantly push a progressive agenda to Sports and recreation to education, science and history and now medicine.

I could rant on but I'll leave that to Meat... 8-)