Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:36 pm
I'll say it. I hate Taylor. I think he's a bad coach. Will he become a better coach one day? Perhaps. I prefer not to wait for that to happen here.

I don't like system coaches, or at least those who can't adapt their system to the players they have.
That wasn't hard, and you didn't insult anyone to do it...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Mag wrote:
I'll say it. I hate Taylor. I think he's a bad coach. Will he become a better coach one day? Perhaps. I prefer not to wait for that to happen here.

I don't like system coaches, or at least those who can't adapt their system to the players they have.
I would also point out however your complaints are more directed towards our position coaches and not Zac with what you said.

Who's complained about going or not going for it on 4th downs this season? NO ONE!!
Who's complained about stupid challenges this season? NO ONE!!
Who's complained about use of Time-Outs this season? NO ONE!!

But;

Who's complained about our defensive schemes? Everyone!!! (D-coordinator)
Who's complained about our O-line schemes and personnel? EVERYONE (O-line coach)
Who's complained about no pressure on the opposing QB? EVERYONE (D-coordinator)

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:56 pm

👀
Elise Jesse ☑️ @EliseJesseTV

I'm told by multiple people inside the Bengals organization that linebackers coach Al Golden is handling calls on third-down/rush packages.

1:33 PM · Oct 20, 2020·Twitter Web App

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:43 pm

Mag wrote:

I don't hate Zac at all. Once again there is no gray in Meats world. You either have to love Zac or hate him. :roll:

I think Zac is an inexperienced coach who was given a HC job before he was ready for it. That does not equal hatred, not even close.

And there is more to being a coach than Xs and Os. Zac can make good calls on the field occasionally and still not be right for the Bengals head coaching position.

And I don't hate Meat either. I just get annoyed with how he seemingly always fails to understand anything that isn't black or white. Sarcasm and subtelty are lost on him. He almost never seems to be able to read between the lines of the rest of us posters.

He's like a real-life Drax. I'm much more like Rocket. Not quite as furry but the teeth match. :lol:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:43 pm
Mag wrote:

I don't hate Zac at all. Once again there is no gray in Meats world. You either have to love Zac or hate him. :roll:

I think Zac is an inexperienced coach who was given a HC job before he was ready for it. That does not equal hatred, not even close.

And there is more to being a coach than Xs and Os. Zac can make good calls on the field occasionally and still not be right for the Bengals head coaching position.

And I don't hate Meat either. I just get annoyed with how he seemingly always fails to understand anything that isn't black or white. Sarcasm and subtelty are lost on him. He almost never seems to be able to read between the lines of the rest of us posters.

He's like a real-life Drax. I'm much more like Rocket. Not quite as furry but the teeth match. :lol:
B1 is like watching a firetruck being on fire.. The irony of your posts are ridiculous, you sit here and tell us you don't hate Zac but you post everything negative you can find on the guy. It's insulting all of us here by you trying to tell us one thing but your posts tells us the exact opposite then backtrack and say there's no gray area in my life. I operate a business with over 90 employees, there's more gray area I have to deal with on a daily basis then the sky's over Ohio half the year.

It's honestly sad you assume that I don't understand but I 100% understand what you were saying. I just think what you were saying was in very poor taste.

I unlike you however am getting to the point B1 where being annoyed by your negativity and just being an out right douchebag is pushing me away from this site.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:55 pm
Mag wrote:

I would also point out however your complaints are more directed towards our position coaches and not Zac with what you said.

Who's complained about going or not going for it on 4th downs this season? NO ONE!!

But;

Who's complained about our O-line schemes and personnel? EVERYONE (O-line coach)

Zac had an opportunity to change his staff at any point. The fact of the matter is he doesn't know anyone else.

As for 4th and 1, that has been nice, but he decided to go away from that running a fullback dive on 3 and 1 and then settling on a FG that was wide right. You have 2 of the highest paid RBs in the NFL, but you give it to your 3rd stringer?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:47 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm
The irony of your posts are ridiculous, you sit here and tell us you don't hate Zac but you post everything negative you can find on the guy.
First some advice; you don't need to quote an entire post when you reply, its enough to single out a line or two that are most relevant to your reply as I just did. There's no reason to make people wade through a four paragraph post to read a simple reply.

As for my posts against Zac, I try and post Tweets and factoids from other sites that bolster what I've said about him. It lets other posters, like you for instance, see that my opinions are not uncommon or unique. If others are saying the same thing, especially if their Sports Journalists or NFL Insiders it might help persuade other posters, like you, that my thoughts and opinions might merit some thought, Especially if you're prone to disagree with them.
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
It's insulting all of us here by you trying to tell us one thing but your posts tells us the exact opposite then backtrack and say there's no gray area in my life.
So you're speaking for the entire group now? You seem to be the only one that feels that way based on the post reply. A truly insightful person would realize that.
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
It's honestly sad you assume that I don't understand but I 100% understand what you were saying. I just think what you were saying was in very poor taste.
Once again, I can only go by what I read. You're the only one who commented on my serial killer post. The logical deduction is that the other posters got it or at least, were not offended by it. It's also okay to have an opinion, you don't always have to post about it. That too is the sign of a mature mind.
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
I unlike you however am getting to the point B1 where being annoyed by your negativity and just being an out right douchebag is pushing me away from this site.
If you choose to leave the site that's your business. I honestly hope you don't. Unlike you, reading a variety of opinions on here is enjoyable to me, even reading ones I don't happen to agree with or are even violently opposed to. *sarcasm* But I'm not going to change who I am or what I believe in nor am I going to alter how I post. Everyone else seems to tolerate me and a few even seem to enjoy my sarcasm (usually when its not directed at them I'll note)

Perhaps you should simply ignore my posts for a while and see if that helps. Simply don't feel the need to reply or comment on every thing I post or evert opinion I express. See if that helps.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:51 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:55 pm
Mag wrote:

But;

Zac had an opportunity to change his staff at any point. The fact of the matter is he doesn't know anyone else.

As for 4th and 1, that has been nice, but he decided to go away from that running a fullback dive on 3 and 1 and then settling on a FG that was wide right. You have 2 of the highest paid RBs in the NFL, but you give it to your 3rd stringer?
I definitely get your point Mag, and I'm scratching my head just as much as you are with that 3rd down call, but with that said how many others are we sitting here scratching our heads about? Not many that I can remember, and you bring up a very fair point that there may be a limited knowledge of folks that would work for him which is obviously a huge problem.

How many of us here would be fine with Zac staying if we;

1) Fired the D-coordinator
2) Fired the O-line coach

Those are the 2 blatantly obvious coaches that need replaced on this staff that I see.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:47 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
The irony of your posts are ridiculous, you sit here and tell us you don't hate Zac but you post everything negative you can find on the guy.
First some advice; you don't need to quote an entire post when you reply, its enough to single out a line or two that are most relevant to your reply as I just did. There's no reason to make people wade through a four paragraph post to read a simple reply.

As for my posts against Zac, I try and post Tweets and factoids from other sites that bolster what I've said about him. It lets other posters, like you for instance, see that my opinions are not uncommon or unique. If others are saying the same thing, especially if their Sports Journalists or NFL Insiders it might help persuade other posters, like you, that my thoughts and opinions might merit some thought, Especially if you're prone to disagree with them.
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
It's insulting all of us here by you trying to tell us one thing but your posts tells us the exact opposite then backtrack and say there's no gray area in my life.
So you're speaking for the entire group now? You seem to be the only one that feels that way based on the post reply. A truly insightful person would realize that.
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Once again, I can only go by what I read. You're the only one who commented on my serial killer post. The logical deduction is that the other posters got it or at least, were not offended by it. It's also okay to have an opinion, you don't always have to post about it. That too is the sign of a mature mind.
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
If you choose to leave the site that's your business. I honestly hope you don't. Unlike you, reading a variety of opinions on here is enjoyable to me, even reading ones I don't happen to agree with or are even violently opposed to. *sarcasm* But I'm not going to change who I am or what I believe in nor am I going to alter how I post. Everyone else seems to tolerate me and a few even seem to enjoy my sarcasm (usually when its not directed at them I'll note)

Perhaps you should simply ignore my posts for a while and see if that helps. Simply don't feel the need to reply or comment on every thing I post or evert opinion I express. See if that helps.
I'm done here B1, thanks... I quoted the entire post just for you... You sit here and insult me and others. Make poor taste jokes about other posters wives, this isn't a place I choose to be anymore.

Cya all, take care.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Meat, if you read this my friend, give it a pause but please dont feel the need to abandon ship over B1. We've all been a few rounds with each other here over the years and I can honestly say you start to figure each other out and also learn hot buttons. Your insights are valuable and your banter appreciated. There is no monetization here. Just us doing what we do.

I, for one of likely many, hope you'll reconsider and meet B1 halfway.....meaning he's one lugnut short of a cross between Ron Jeremy, Charles Manson and Jim Carey.
Seeking Superbowls