Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:41 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 pm
:roll:

BENGALS TALK 🗣 @BengalsTalk
“Hendrickson wants to make it clear he wants to keep dancing in #Cincinnati until the end of his career.

"I love it here. This is the team that opened its arms to me," he has always said since they made him their richest free agent ever before the Super Bowl run of 2021.
Don't get me wrong I completely understand what he's saying, HOWEVER this is a business and he's getting up there in age. If he's asking for a reasonable extension then I'm all good but I doubt that's what he's asking.
I am ok with him asking for an extension but in no way want the Bengals to give him one. When his contract is up most if not all of his productive days will be over. Cap is already going to get very tight with JB huge contract cannot afford to have the cap tied up in an old likely injured DE.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:55 pm

To utterly no ones surprise.... :roll:

Cincinnati Problems 💔 @CincyProblems
Tee Higgins has not signed his franchise tender and is not expected to by next week, per
@AdamSchefter. Tee cannot rejoin the team or participate in OTA's until he signs.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:03 pm

Cool.... 8-)

Jay Morrison @ByJayMorrison
#Bengals make it official that the Week 3 MNF game vs. Washington will be the Ring of Honor game.

2024 BENGALS RING OF HONOR NOMINEES
Jim Breech
James Brooks
Cris Collinsworth
Corey Dillon
David Fulcher
Tim Krumrie
Dave Lapham
Max Montoya
Lemar Parrish
Bob Trumpy
Reggie Williams

Which two would you vote in...?

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed May 22, 2024 1:43 pm

Dave Lapham-In part for his radio work.
Max Montoya

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu May 23, 2024 7:52 am

Found this scrolling thru Bengals stuff on X. Interesting disagreement in coaching tactics between Pollack (highlighted teaching Mims) and Big Willie (commenting). I have to admit that my first thought seeing the video is that I hope Pollack isnt coaching these Olineman to leave the ground (hop).

https://x.com/marshallkramsky/status/17 ... IFFNg&s=19

Unfold the comments from Big Willie for his full discussion.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu May 23, 2024 8:48 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:52 am
Found this scrolling thru Bengals stuff on X. Interesting disagreement in coaching tactics between Pollack (highlighted teaching Mims) and Big Willie (commenting). I have to admit that my first thought seeing the video is that I hope Pollack isnt coaching these Olineman to leave the ground (hop).

https://x.com/marshallkramsky/status/17 ... IFFNg&s=19

Unfold the comments from Big Willie for his full discussion.
I agree with Willie here, there's no reason even in last ditch effort to stop a bull rush do you hop back and plant your feet. You do that and you open yourself up for a pull and other moves. I have no idea what he's trying to teach here out of context but I'd be interested in knowing more why.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Lindsay Patterson @LndsPatterson
Bengals OTAs begin today and we are 100 days from regular season.

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__
Some takeaways from Bengals OTAs...

-I only counted two incompletions in full speed 7 on 7, and one was a drop
-Joe Burrow was very aggressive throwing in tight windows over the middle and on outs to the sideline.
-DJ Turner made the play of the day. A leaping one handed PBU in zone to save what would have been a nice deep intermediate bench route to Irwin
-Andrei Iosivas is getting a ton of reps and is running good routes. He’s having a nice spring
-Among the main contenders for starting spots in the defensive backfield, they mixed and matched all of the different combinations
-With the new kickoff rules, Charlie Jones is working with the kick returners this year. Brown, Williams, Evans, Lassiter and Burgess are also taking reps.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 30, 2024 12:26 pm

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
This just in: Miami and WR Jaylen Waddle reached agreement today on a three-year, $84.75 million contract extension that includes $76 million guaranteed, per sources. The deal makes Waddle one of the league’s top five highest-paid receivers.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
Higgins might be frustrated on the franchise tag/extension situation, and understandably so, but sitting back while the WR market continues to balloon around him (as well as Chase) should end up much more profitable in the long run.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu May 30, 2024 4:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 12:26 pm
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
This just in: Miami and WR Jaylen Waddle reached agreement today on a three-year, $84.75 million contract extension that includes $76 million guaranteed, per sources. The deal makes Waddle one of the league’s top five highest-paid receivers.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
Higgins might be frustrated on the franchise tag/extension situation, and understandably so, but sitting back while the WR market continues to balloon around him (as well as Chase) should end up much more profitable in the long run.
There seems to be a new trend in the NFL and the Bengals seem to be on the front edge of it

https://youtu.be/eT5HgcXbORI?si=kCmBkUZNUpfTY1Cl

I get where some of these other WR's are getting big money but Higgins is just the odd man out, I'm paying Chase then filling in with drafted guys.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:09 pm

Good to read something nice now and then...

https://stripehype.com/posts/joe-mixon- ... hzdwsvt6xs